• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

My vision in to reality

I would like to start off by saying that when I initially purchased this car, I only planed to do minor modification such as after market wheels,exhaust,suspension, paint refresh and suspension; Well we know how that goes, after performing a few of the above mentioned and looking at so many modified NSX's here on Prime I became certain that I wanted to modify my car in to what I had re imagined to be the the ideal NSX, I also discovered that the pop up headlights that I like to think of As the scalpel version vs butter knife version (02 front) had IMO a Cinderella effect as I found my self avoiding late driving in order to not use the lights/up position which I soon discovered that even though I preferred the slick look of the pop ups while in their down position I also learned how much I disliked them in the up position (I call this the Cinderella effect) so my new goals to create what I envisioned as the ideal NSX (what I referred to as my project NSX type X ) :
- OEM front end (to avoid the Cinderella effect and modernize the look)
-body/exterior enhancements to achieve a little more aggressive look & wheel fitment, while attempting to maintain OEM lines as much as possible; while searching for the right exterior enhancements I searched the current available options, and while liking a few, I reached the conclusion that I would have to get custom body work to extend the front fenders 25mm each and rear quarter panels 30mm, I wanted to avoid fiberglass and maintain it's original aluminum construction while achieving this look, I also could never find an available option for a rear spoiler that meet the look I was after, I replaced the OEM wing with a Procar NSX-R replica and immediately felt the need to revert as I thought the OEM wing flowed best (IMO) but felt that it needed a kick, so I had my OEM wing custom modified to my specifications, which of course is also my re imagined OEM with influences from current designs, which I call version X (a hybrid OEM/TK/Do-luck). As a big fan of CF I purchased the following items for my build Procar NSX-R hood (replica),mirrors, trunk deck spoiler, NSX-R wing (removed) and DF Side scoops/vents;as for side skirts I chose WW as I think they complement the body lines really well and the fact that they are made of polyurethane made this a no brained choice for me yet to complement the planed body modifications I added custom CF winged side strakes, JP lip (I just refuse to use any thing constructed from fiberglass at least if avoidable when it comes to exterior body) as for the rear I had a CF 02 replica installed and partially painted to my specifications, now for the color selection I felt that the car needed some what of an aggressive/exotic paint scheme to compliment the body enhancement so I decided on a Satin Titanium Metallic while keeping the roof black, also in order to keep a clean look the following were shaved off and filled with welded in aluminum:antenna & side markers and windshield spray nozzles on hood.
-Engine compartment: I selected a CTSC due to it being a CA car (carb certified) and its well documented benefits (this is waiting to be installed), Pride headers & test pipes with a custom quad tip titanium exhaust.
At this time a few more minor external additions are awaiting to be installed as well as an interior update is currently in the works, wheels and stereo upgrade; for now here are a few pictures of the before in between and after:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

(Not such great great iPhone pics)

- - - Updated - -

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 1,042
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,006
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,005
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,015
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 992
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 1,051
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 1,003
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,042
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,083
Last edited:
racer9x,
Congratulations getting your car finished. It looks like you did a very nice job and I can appreciate all of the hard work. IMHO less is more and that is what I like the most about your build. The fender work is incredible and I love that you cannot tell that it's not oem.

Anyhow, awesome job.

Thanks cmc140, I am very happy with the outcome as it turned out exactly as I pictured it, as you stated "you cannot tell it's not OEM", yet when looking at it in person side by side of a stock NSX, you know something is different, yet it's not so easy to put you're finger on it, other than the aftermarket wheels, unless you are very familiar with the NSX :smile:

First of all congrats to the car and the finished work - I know what you are talking about.
The more modifications you are doing there more is coming up to become YOUR NSX
I am a little bit "unsatisfied" with the color because I personally think that this color a little bit hides the beautiful lines of the car.
Beside of that great work, wheels could be changed -)

Regarding Procar parts I fully agree, price is high but quality is higher. I already own NSX-R wing, side vents, diffuser, air box etc. built
by procar and totally like the parts

Thanks hondasash, and yes, a new wheel set up is in the works, the color is very difficult to capture in pictures but it actually accentuates the lines of the car IMO, as it has a sheen to it, hard to explain but it looks different in person and under different lighting.

That body mod looks stock, mind if I asked where you had it done possibly the cost of you mind sharing you can pm me

That looks great man. Love the custom fenders and color.
Thanks for the compliment, I am very happy with the results :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing. Any more pics of the fenders being made? What is the size and offset of your wheels and what size tires are you running?
Sorry I was admiring the work being done @ the time (I wish I had) and didn't think about taking pictures, luckily my brother snapped that one that shows the front fender being extended; in regards to the wheels and tire set up, it's still the same as I have been running prior the modifications "18 on 215/35 F and "19 on 275/30 R, but a new wheel set up is in the works as it is currently siting on spacers 25mm in the F and 30mm on the R; but I should be able to gain an extra inch per corner:smile:

Last edited:
[MENTION=27117]racer9x[/MENTION] your NSX turned out great, big difference from when I saw it last time.

Do you know the offsets and widths of those 18/19 wheels?

Who did the fender work?
I don't as they were on the car when I purchased it but I was told by the seller that they were ordered specifically for the NSX, and I would say that they sat pretty much 5mm away from being flushed with the OEM fender/rear panels.

- - - Updated - - -

@racer9x your NSX turned out great, big difference from when I saw it last time.
Thanks Brandon, I am just trying to keep up with you :smile:

If you can see it while on the car or when removing your wheels for spacers, look for a sticker on the inner barrel of the wheel and it should give the specs: (ex: 18x8 +38)

If you can see it while on the car or when removing your wheels for spacers, look for a sticker on the inner barrel of the wheel and it should give the specs: (ex: 18x8 +38)
IForged for some reason does not put the traditional stickers with the wheel specs, but I just ran out to the garage and measured the back pad on the wheels and this is what I got: front=1.5 in and the rear=1 in, so after converting this measurement in to mm, I'm going to assume that the front is a 18x8+38 and the rear is 19x10+25 (which sounds like common specs for the NSX) ?

Nice job, can't wait to see it in person...

Btw, are you going to badge it??? IMO,cars actually look better with a badge....but that's just me:redface:

Nice job, can't wait to see it in person...

Btw, are you going to badge it??? IMO,cars actually look better with a badge....but that's just me:redface:
I might use the NSX-R emblem if I decide to badge it (I tend to get bored and switch things up),but for now, I'm keeping the clean look :)

Wow those wheels would look great as a permanent install. Are you going with them or was that just a test for size? You should consider them great style and color matching your mods.

Yes, I will be ordering a set, but most likely with black face and polished lip, but I agree and am tempted on having them finished just like the ones used for fitment (which belong to my brother) the burning black face and chrome lip just look so nice yet I think the black face ties in the CF and black top, I have also been thinking of having the face finished in black chrome, I guess I have time to figure out if I want to have them custom refinished, since the wait time for them is about 2 months :smile:

Love the rear spoiler work. Would you share details per pm if you don't mind. I'd love to have that on mine.

Man those fenders are awesome. I have the same done on my other car front and rear and nobody can really tell it's a wide body. What size tires can you fit under there?

Love the rear spoiler work. Would you share details per pm if you don't mind. I'd love to have that on mine.
It's a one off and I am contemplating on having a mold made and a limited run of maybe 12 in carbon fiber.

- - - Updated - - -

Man those fenders are awesome. I have the same done on my other car front and rear and nobody can really tell it's a wide body. What size tires can you fit under there?
Thanks, 295-305in the back and 225-235 in the front.

Last edited:
Update: When starting this build, I debated between reupholstering the OEM seats and replacing them with something worthy/superior to OEM, so the search started and 5 months after placing my order I have finally received the candidates, which in my opinion are one of the greatest seats available for the duties of fitting a big boy, wife frendly, adjustable, good looking,occasional canyon (spirited) driving and of great quality build/materials.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 87
Back