• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chrome wrap nsx

I'm thinking about wrapping my red nsx chrome red.....

Has anyone here wrapped their nsx with chrome? I have seen the matted ones, I don't like those.

My question is will it damage my original paint if I remove it later?

Is it street legal?

Will it depreciate my car value?

Can someone post me some links to a chrome wrap nsx.

Thanks

1. I don't have first hand experience with wraps, but I have read a lot about them on various forums:
a. Some users complained that their paint got stripped along with the wrap when they removed it
b. Others said that the paint only got stripped if the car was previously painted and was not prepped properly

2. Not sure about the laws and how consistent it is with location.

3. I don't think it will depreciate the value of your car if it is reversible and doesn't damage the paint.

4. I only came across these two images on Google.

Chrome-NSX.jpg

9ySgLlk.jpg

DSC_5801a_3000TAG.jpg

Not an NSX, I know :p

print_tech_wrap_aventador_09.jpg

Here's a photo of an Aventador wrapped in matte red chrome

Last edited:
One of my friends had his CTSV wrapped in chrome. I think it was between 4-5g's. It definitely is an attention getter, thats for sure...

I would wrap an NSX if it needed a paint job.

a few NSX's I have had to remove " the wrap " has had razor cuts in the paint all over the car.

with that said the Blue chrome looks bad ass.
and I could imagine a Chrome NSX that would be sick yummy.

now if someone hand sanded the NSX to its pure metal alum color now that would be epic and god-like

I read somewhere on prime that a guy had hand polished the complete NSX chassis I wish I had pics.

goodluck on your choice sometime the wrong road gives you a better road to take

I recently had mine wrapped here in So Cal and couldn't be happier
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...e-R-look-I-ve-been-dreaming-of-(lots-of-pics)

And
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/184898-Re-spray-or-Wrap-it/page2?highlight=Wrap
...went with a pearl white and love it!!! Luckily mine was originally black on black so it makes it easier to do most every color you want without worrying about the engine bay, door jams etc...

The place I took it to you'll never have to worry about razor cuts on the paint when it's time to take it off... They dismantle the car so there is no cutting on the surface and won't find any seams... They can prolly do it for like $2200 if you have a clean unmolested NSX and mention me when you call...
pm me if you need more info.

Last edited:
There is a female running around Bradenton/Sarasota with a Chrome GTR. Its an attention getter for sure. Just silver Chrome looks weird to me. Like aluminum foil.
Blue Chrome looks badass.

The blue wraps on those nsx's look very high quality. The body kits, not so much... Just another surfboard on wheels.

Of all the wrap photos Andr3w posted above, I like the Aventador the most.

Jinks, RE: Gauge Cluster Rings... I can't reply to someone else's post in the marketplace, and can't PM/email you.

Does your guy do chrome wrap? If so how much.... Give me his info

I recently had mine wrapped here in So Cal and couldn't be happier
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...e-R-look-I-ve-been-dreaming-of-(lots-of-pics)

And
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/184898-Re-spray-or-Wrap-it/page2?highlight=Wrap
...went with a pearl white and love it!!! Luckily mine was originally black on black so it makes it easier to do most every color you want without worrying about the engine bay, door jams etc...

The place I took it to you'll never have to worry about razor cuts on the paint when it's time to take it off... They dismantle the car so there is no cutting on the surface and won't find any seams... They can prolly do it for like $2200 if you have a clean unmolested NSX and mention me when you call...
pm me if you need more info.

Does your guy do chrome wrap? If so how much.... Give me his info

Chrome, carbon fiber, brushed aluminum, matte...so many colors and looks to chose from...

Call Joey at Endless Auto Salon 951-345-2094.tell him Mark sent you.. Find them on Instagram @ EndLeSS_autosalon

Download-File

Last edited:
Just an update on this after talking to Joey...chrome is more expensive then the other wraps. The material is more expensive and harder to work with...usually looking at a minimum $4000 job.:eek:

I saw this chrome skinned Aston Martin Rapide in San Francisco during one of the rock concerts in Golden Gate Park a year or two ago. The owner stopped by to eat at a local restaurant.
Hope this gives you a good idea as to what to expect. It's as good as it gets. Definitely was the attention getter. Luckily I stopped to photograph it. This was photograph on a overcast day which is ideal for photography. Imagine what it'll be on a sunny clear blue sky day.

Chrome Aston Martin Rapide (2).jpgChrome Aston Martin Rapide (5).jpgChrome Aston Martin Rapide (7).jpgChrome Aston Martin Rapide (10).jpgChrome Aston Martin Rapide (12).jpgChrome Aston Martin Rapide (20).jpg
Chrome Aston Martin Rapide (14).jpg

Last edited:
^^^ looks like a Chipotle burrito to me... :biggrin:
Rotfl, oh snap! It reminded me of the silver surfer. Unique and different but who on earth wraps astin martins with vinyl? Oh wait, pop/ rock stars who can afford to, never mind.:biggrin:

All beautifully wrapped examples!
I have a buddy here in NorCal that owns a shop that specializes in Full clear bra, Window tints and Vinyl wraps. I have witnessed many different cars roll into the shop to get some vinyl wrap done (One NSX- Larry, mostly GTRs, couple ferarri's, maserati/bmw/mercedes, a lot of newer corvettes and several old school rides). The cost of the Vinyl Wrap is dependent on the type of vehicle and brand/material of the vinyl of course. Labor cost is at a relatively low rate.
All vinyl wraps are pre-cut specific to vehicle model/year. So no worries about razor cut/damages to your vehicle.
If anyone is interested, here is their address/number:
When contacting, state that "Q" has recommended their services to you and they will immediately know who I am and will take excellent care of you.

Imperial Works
6360 Belleau Wood Lane
Suite 1
Sacramento, CA 95822
Phone number (916) 238-8583
</EM>

-Q

I think it looks very flashy but it's my opinion that you loose a lot of the detail of the car with a pure chrome wrap. I'd be curious to see what the NSX would look like but I think I'd get tired of it. A colored chrome may be a different story.

Last edited:
Just an update on this after talking to Joey...chrome is more expensive then the other wraps. The material is more expensive and harder to work with...usually looking at a minimum $4000 job.:eek:

i called Joey a few weeks ago, he said he would do it for $3700 thanks to you. I'm only torn between red or blue chrome. I will have it done before the nsxpo in palms spring. Debating on what kind of rims that will look sweet with it.

i called Joey a few weeks ago, he said he would do it for $3700 thanks to you. I'm only torn between red or blue chrome. I will have it done before the nsxpo in palms spring. Debating on what kind of rims that will look sweet with it.

Have you seen black chrome??? It looks pretty sick!!!!

Keep us updated.

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTA

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,183
All beautifully wrapped examples!
I have a buddy here in NorCal that owns a shop that specializes in Full clear bra, Window tints and Vinyl wraps. I have witnessed many different cars roll into the shop to get some vinyl wrap done (One NSX- Larry, mostly GTRs, couple ferarri's, maserati/bmw/mercedes, a lot of newer corvettes and several old school rides). The cost of the Vinyl Wrap is dependent on the type of vehicle and brand/material of the vinyl of course. Labor cost is at a relatively low rate.
All vinyl wraps are pre-cut specific to vehicle model/year. So no worries about razor cut/damages to your vehicle.
If anyone is interested, here is their address/number:
When contacting, state that "Q" has recommended their services to you and they will immediately know who I am and will take excellent care of you.

Imperial Works
6360 Belleau Wood Lane
Suite 1
Sacramento, CA 95822
Phone number (916) 238-8583

-Q

I second this, but only if you're willing to ship/deliver it to Imperial Works. First class service at its best :cool:

Back