• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New to me 93 GPW #23

I am completely new to the NSX platform but it was love at first sight. I will preface my pursuit of the NSX with a short intro. I grew up around cars, show cars, muscle cars, all kinds of cars. My father was a complete car whore and owned hundreds upon hundreds of vehicles in his life from BMW 850CSI's to all original 57 chevrolet bel airs, to owning the same 2001 corvette more than one time. My father was all about cars. In fact many weekends we would spend countless hours in the car driving all over the place to scout cars for his next project or flip. It was awesome. The NSX is one that he referenced frequently that he could never find one that was all that he wanted. He passed in late 2003 and ever since I have always held the NSX as a dream car for myself and the final car to complete his insane laundry list that he owned. Today I made my dream a reality and completed his collection at the same time. I was surprisingly a little emotional after I left source 1 and drove home. It hit me that I have literally chased down a dream and made it a reality. Even though the car resides at Source 1 for a comprehensive overhaul it feels very good to say that it is "my" NSX. I look forward to working on the car and bringing her back to the way she used to look 22 years ago. Source 1 will be overseeing a lot of the process and prestige automotive (my fathers former shop) in Kentucky will be handling the body and paint work. I will try my best to keep a detailed photo journal of the process but as Im sure it is with most here, life is chaotic. Looking forward to meeting, sharing stories, and overall enjoying the NSX community. Huge thank you to Brian for helping make this all happen.

helluva excited paragraph!

I am completely new to the NSX platform but it was love at first sight. I will preface my pursuit of the NSX with a short intro. I grew up around cars, show cars, muscle cars, all kinds of cars. My father was a complete car whore and owned hundreds upon hundreds of vehicles in his life from BMW 850CSI's to all original 57 chevrolet bel airs, to owning the same 2001 corvette more than one time. My father was all about cars. In fact many weekends we would spend countless hours in the car driving all over the place to scout cars for his next project or flip. It was awesome. The NSX is one that he referenced frequently that he could never find one that was all that he wanted. He passed in late 2003 and ever since I have always held the NSX as a dream car for myself and the final car to complete his insane laundry list that he owned. Today I made my dream a reality and completed his collection at the same time. I was surprisingly a little emotional after I left source 1 and drove home. It hit me that I have literally chased down a dream and made it a reality. Even though the car resides at Source 1 for a comprehensive overhaul it feels very good to say that it is "my" NSX. I look forward to working on the car and bringing her back to the way she used to look 22 years ago. Source 1 will be overseeing a lot of the process and prestige automotive (my fathers former shop) in Kentucky will be handling the body and paint work. I will try my best to keep a detailed photo journal of the process but as Im sure it is with most here, life is chaotic. Looking forward to meeting, sharing stories, and overall enjoying the NSX community. Huge thank you to Brian for helping make this all happen.

Understood.
Breathe deeply.
Get 'er the way you want her and drive it. Source 1 = has owned some 32 (more?) NSX's :eek:

CONGRATS and welcome.

Last edited:
since she has sat for more than 6 years ( so we heard thru the grapevine ) you need to do everything to this car. all fluids, all hoses, replace the clutch/slave cyl, brake fluids, a/c flushed, new gaskets, Vtec gaskets, re-greese the window tracks, install new tail light gaskets, etc. etc. the list goes on
Make your dad proud and do it right. cold weather is bad for the plastics they will be brittle etc. do it right man do it right.
keep us posted with pics we like pics

gpw2.jpg

gpw3.jpg

Welcome to the boards! Glad to see the white unicorn will be local car. I know you and Brian will do it right. good luck on the rebirth!!!

since she has sat for more than 6 years ( so we heard thru the grapevine ) you need to do everything to this car. all fluids, all hoses, replace the clutch/slave cyl, brake fluids, a/c flushed, new gaskets, Vtec gaskets, re-greese the window tracks, install new tail light gaskets, etc. etc. the list goes on
Make your dad proud and do it right. cold weather is bad for the plastics they will be brittle etc. do it right man do it right.

View attachment 122020

View attachment 122021

I don't half ass anything and every stone will be turned over. Source 1 is taking care of it and Im confident the comprehensive overhaul will have it running better than it ever has. Im über OCD so it will all be done right. I appreciate the insight as I am new to the NSX world.

- - - Updated - - -

That's great!

Do you still have any of your father's other cars?
Unfortunately due to some unforeseen circumstances I had to liquidate everything when he passed with the exception of one car that we built together. It was my 17th birthday present. 2000 Mustang Gt Convertible that was totaled and everything from the windshield forward was missing.

what was the story behind this particular nsx?

Awesome story filled with great memories that you can carry on with this project. Thanks for saving her from a slow death. I look forward to seeing pics of the restoration. Congratulations.

A big warm welcome to the NSX community and the Cincinnati group in particular. Having Source One in our backyard is a great resource. All of us locals can't wait to check out the finished product when you are finished!

what was the story behind this particular nsx?

I am in a group here in kentucky. A fellow NSX owner in the group posted the thread about the white NSX in distress say how sad it made him. I didn't think much of it and went on about my business. A few days later Brian posted that number 29 was on its way to Kentucky. I believe Brian made a few phone calls and had a fellow NSX owner in Denver go knock on the owners door after acquiring the address from the license plate number. Once I figured out what car it was and knowing it was a GPW unicorn I had to have it. I messaged Brian via Facebook and discussed some details about the car and I told him consider it sold. I went up this past Monday to view the car for the first time, take some initial pre-build pictures, and take number 29 off Brian's hands. Oddly enough I bought an 03 cobra back last september and decided to part ways with it a week or two before this GPW was posted. It was perfect timing and the only color I really wanted in an NSX. One of those stars aligning moments. We are getting the final parts list together in the next few days and should start work by end of this week hopefully.

That owner in Denver would be me:wink: I told Brian that I would be more than happy to go down and see if I could get a hold of the owner for him. When I went down there it was a secure high-rise condo complex that had a concierge front desk that had to buzz me in and I had to explain to them that I was here for (said owner) and I needed to ask him a question about his NSX that's on the street. They called him up and asked him then proceeded to hand me the phone so I could explain why I was there. The owner was happy to talk to me on the phone and said he'll be right down. He came down the elevator and I told him why I was there and how the forum that I was on (Prime) had a thread dedicated to his car and wanted it to go to a good owner, needless to say he was a bit stunned that a group of car enthusiasts around the country had made a thread about his car and were sending somebody to contact him about it. I showed him the thread and he thought that was so very cool (honestly he looked a bit confused still). Anyhow he said that he was the owner and that he didn't have room for it in his complex because he only had 2 parking spots in the parking garage and that he had a second NSX taking one spot and a Range Rover. He proceeded to show me his 96 red with something like 22k miles that he was also trying to sell. Long story short he gave me his phone number and said it would be ok for Brian to contact him to make some sort of deal on his GPW.

I'm glad everything worked out for you:smile: and update us with the progress of the car!

View attachment 122020

View attachment 122021

Shawn, No idea what you are talking about. The car certainly has not sat for 6 years. It has sat since October. Your grapevine is broken.

Jonathan, Obviously we will make sure it is mechanically perfect for you. I'm super excited the car is going to someone who will care for it.

My bad I think when I googled maped it the car was in the same spot for a few years I have been known to be wrong sometimes LOL

no harm no foul

amazing story once again proving the prime collective is the defacto custodian of nsx :smile:

Congrats & Welcome!

Wonderful Story and Welcome to the Family! I'm sure she will bring
you you years of enjoyment.... She is in Great hands with Source1!

Back