• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking For a High Quality Wrap Shop in East Bay Area

Imperial Werks wraps high-end cars like Maseratis, Telsas, and GT-Rs all day. They do cover all jams, and do most of the razor cutting off the car. After six months, it's holding up well. But as you know, a track car will not be as lucky.
When is the next Trackmaster's event? I might come out to play...
Trackmasters/SpeedVentures 06/06/15 @ Sears Point

Come on out and play.

Bumping this up. 1K2GO, did you end up going with the wrap?

I've been resisting the urge for a while, but think I'll end up pulling the trigger this winter and would prefer a place that has both been recommended by a Primer and has done at least one NSX... so Imperial Werks is high on the list. If you haven't done your car perhaps we can go in and negotiate a group buy. ;)

I've got a black car as well... and haven't decided on color, but Audi's Nardo grey is *very* high on the list. Pictures don't do it justice...

5645038482_7eccd8e1af_b.jpg

Not to barge in on the party but this is a DIY task if you take some time and watch lots of YouTube vids. Most shops want $1500-$2500 starting. I'm almost done with $300 in materials and 10 hours labor(first time doing a wrap). I'd recommend giving it s try with some $14 vinyl and a part of the car and see what you think.

heres my progress.
good luck guys!

Not to barge in on the party but this is a DIY task if you take some time and watch lots of YouTube vids. Most shops want $1500-$2500 starting. I'm almost done with $300 in materials and 10 hours labor(first time doing a wrap). I'd recommend giving it s try with some $14 vinyl and a part of the car and see what you think.

heres my progress.
good luck guys!
Hell yeah bud! Looks awesome. Although I have tried window tinting in the past. I will leave a wrap job to professionals. This is my next big mod. I like it. Color looks good too. I only want to have all of the under panels wrapped too. It's the small details that stand out. I don't want to pop my trunk or hood and have a gender confused car.

Thanks.
i got upholstery in my blood and its of a similar-ish concept.

Having it it all wrapped makes sense, and it is a matter of taking the time and details to do it. All the jamb areas are just separate pieces, these cant be 1 solid piece.

Drive your car down here for a weekend and I'll show you how to do it and then you save cash and say you did it yourself.

Thanks.
i got upholstery in my blood and its of a similar-ish concept.

Having it it all wrapped makes sense, and it is a matter of taking the time and details to do it. All the jamb areas are just separate pieces, these cant be 1 solid piece.

Drive your car down here for a weekend and I'll show you how to do it and then you save cash and say you did it yourself.

Very nice. Props for DIY. I was actually thinking about wrapping my mirrors orange before NSXPO drive. Just to give it a try and work out technique. Ran out of time. Still on my list though. What tips do you think you can share? Especially in regards of pre cutting large pieces of material (hood, fenders, doors). Also what brand do you use? Thanks.

When it comes to the NSX. What I have learned so far is that I would remove all side marker, side ducts, spoilers, and front bumper. Tucking the vinyl in these areas is more of a hassle than it would be to remove the items.

I I measured the material to be about 2inches on edges I would wrap into (door jambs and such) and only 1inch on areas I was going to trim or have smaller tucks (under the door window trim). The YouTube video DIYs are great, especially from this Australian 3M "cookie" guy, he's good.

really just take it slow, have a partner to help, and do a few test areas first.

there a CRAZY DIY for mirrors that the Australian guy did that will blow your mind. Also, knifeless tape is the coolest stuff on the market! Used it for my hood to expose the carbon fiber.

im using Avery vinyl which I bought off of www.metrorestyling.com

im more than willing to give as many tips as I can, you all can shot me a PM anytime.

When it comes to the NSX. What I have learned so far is that I would remove all side marker, side ducts, spoilers, and front bumper. Tucking the vinyl in these areas is more of a hassle than it would be to remove the items.

I I measured the material to be about 2inches on edges I would wrap into (door jambs and such) and only 1inch on areas I was going to trim or have smaller tucks (under the door window trim). The YouTube video DIYs are great, especially from this Australian 3M "cookie" guy, he's good.

really just take it slow, have a partner to help, and do a few test areas first.

there a CRAZY DIY for mirrors that the Australian guy did that will blow your mind. Also, knifeless tape is the coolest stuff on the market! Used it for my hood to expose the carbon fiber.

im using Avery vinyl which I bought off of www.metrorestyling.com

im more than willing to give as many tips as I can, you all can shot me a PM anytime.
Thanks for sharing. What exactly have you do to prep the surface? I was planning to wash the car and "clay bar" it. Do you use any sprays to help with degreasing the surface?

I'm still learning but wash with soap, can clay bar, and dry it for 24hrs. There are products on the site I posted to prep the paint.

Bumping this up. 1K2GO, did you end up going with the wrap?

I've been resisting the urge for a while, but think I'll end up pulling the trigger this winter and would prefer a place that has both been recommended by a Primer and has done at least one NSX... so Imperial Werks is high on the list. If you haven't done your car perhaps we can go in and negotiate a group buy. ;)

I've got a black car as well... and haven't decided on color, but Audi's Nardo grey is *very* high on the list. Pictures don't do it justice...
Not yet but getting closer. I've got DF front fenders on order and need to make a decision.

Not yet but getting closer. I've got DF front fenders on order and need to make a decision.
Let's try wrapping them when you have them :) worst case you'll paint them bb if diy wrap will be doomed.

Last edited:

Sounds good... I won't pull the trigger until November or December.

Jinks, if you're considering it as well, I could call and see if they would react favorably to the idea of a small group buy.

Sounds good... I won't pull the trigger until November or December.

Jinks, if you're considering it as well, I could call and see if they would react favorably to the idea of a small group buy.
I'd be up for a group buy, but then we'd have one hell of a wait time. Being that, maybe a deposit until the time comes to acuptually wrapping it. But it definitely has been on my mind. I probably will just wrap it black though. Love the nsx in ninja attire.

Almost done.....

Kicking this thread back to life.

I'm ready to move forward on my wrap and spoke to Wes at Imperial Works (on Larry's recommendation). Not only did they quote a great price for a full wrap, they are willing to further discount the cost if we do this as a group.

My current target timeframe is the first week of August. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the details I have.

Kicking this thread back to life.

I'm ready to move forward on my wrap and spoke to Wes at Imperial Works (on Larry's recommendation). Not only did they quote a great price for a full wrap, they are willing to further discount the cost if we do this as a group.

My current target timeframe is the first week of August. Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the details I have.

I'm interested in a full white satin wrap, please send me details.

Thanks!

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I was also told that clearbra film is more protective than vinyl, which makes sense. Now I just need to decide if I'm going to stay BLACK BEAUTY and clearbra my was mostly perfect berlina black paint, or go WHITE BEAUTY satin white with black emblems, type r wing and hyperblack RSii's, which well all adds up :)

I got my stingray (sorry, not the NSX) wrapped in 3M satin white by Brione Go at Go Wraps in campbell, CA. Loved the results, brione was excellent and kept in constant communication with me sending me photos of the progress every night.

Here are photos of the process: http://imgur.com/a/smItM

Unfortunately, as with all wraps, it developed some wrinkling in the hard corner edges, and some panels were fit so tightly together that it would rub and cause the wrap to move a smidge, causing a wrinkling effect. From what I understand this isn't indicative of a poor wrap job, but is just one of the unforunate side effects of tight panel fittings and vinyl. Brione was happy to remove the wrinkles each time, though. Paid $2800 for the full wrap job (labor and materials), and he wrapped some of the corner lenses and trim in black gloss or smoke wrap as well.

The fact that most of the major panels have to come off and be fit back on makes me reluctant to to do this on the hand-fitted NSX, kind of paranoid that the panels won't fit back perfectly together after all the years with brittle/cracking tabs and what not.

EDIT: oh, and one of the unfortunate side effects of the non-gloss "satin finish" wrap - it is porous and absorbs the colors of bug guts. I carried around a ~50% iso alochol spray bottle and towel with me in the car and instantly removed bug guts after every trip, but I ended up picking up a few faint yellow dots here and there over the next ~6 months or so. But, after I went offroad a couple times at thunderhill, the vinyl took the brunt of the dirt / gravel scrapes and saved my paint.

Imperial Werks wraps high-end cars like Maseratis, Telsas, and GT-Rs all day. They do cover all jams, and do most of the razor cutting off the car. After six months, it's holding up well. But as you know, a track car will not be as lucky.
When is the next Trackmaster's event? I might come out to play...

what's up brotha, long time no see!

+1 on Imperial, our GTR was wrapped by these guys too:

So the deed is done, and I certainly was also very impressed with Imperial Works. It was a huge pain to have to drop off the car in Sacramento, but the quality of the work was exceptional and they bent over backwards to accommodate my specific requests and requirements.

I wholeheartedly recommend them. In fact, if you're on the fence trying to decide if a wrap is right for you, let me know and I'll be happy to answer any questions or show you my car.

Here are the finished results (some of you got a chance to see the car in parson at the Blackhawk C&C event).

attachment.php

Attachments

• tYhhWqI.jpg
    tYhhWqI.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Back