• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking For a High Quality Wrap Shop in East Bay Area

The paint on my car is really showing its age from the years and track wear. I'm not interested in spending $10K on a re-spray at the moment but I've been seeing more and more high quality wraps. I'm not sold on the idea but I'm interested in exploring the idea. Can anybody recommend a high quality shop in the east bay? TIA

Depending on how bad the wear and tear is, you would be surprised how a good paint correction could do for your paint. If you are interested, let me know and I can do a test spot for you to see what kind of results you could achieve with a little work.

Depending on how bad the wear and tear is, you would be surprised how a good paint correction could do for your paint. If you are interested, let me know and I can do a test spot for you to see what kind of results you could achieve with a little work.
B2finity, we need to meet once I get my car back from Shad's grip.

[MENTION=31260]Jinks[/MENTION], definitely. I would love a ride in a CTSC NSX. Been debating it myself.

@Jinks, definitely. I would love a ride in a CTSC NSX. Been debating it myself.
No problem. I was hoping it'd bee done by this Saturday but one of Shad's race cars crashed last weekend and he has unexpected work load. Which I am okay with waiting 1 more week. Hopefully I will pick it up next Saturday. In the repair world/ modification world it is always best "not" to rush a mechanic...

Rob you may want to consider the shop who did this guys x. I think it is in Sacramento. I have been contemplating this too. They actually disassembled his car when they wrapped it which shows I'm sure in the finished product.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/185058-Blue-Aluminum-wrap-project?highlight=Blue+wrap
Thanks for the link AJ, I'll check them out. Why didn't he post more pics after completion? I'm hoping to find a shop of this quality closer to home. If not, it wouldn't be the first time I've commuted to Sac for upgrades.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm open to suggestion but you'd have to be a real miracle worker. Where are you located?

Rob, if you end up going to Sac Lmk I can pick you up on the way back. Have some stuff to pick up there.

Last edited:
[MENTION=26776]1K2GO[/MENTION] [MENTION=27958]solidol[/MENTION] Detail day in the works? :)

Rob, I'm located in the SF area.

[MENTION=18934]B2FiNiTY[/MENTION] I'm back to town last week of March. We should plan something for sure

That blue wrapped car is mine. The shop is Imperial Works in Elk Grove (checkout their Facebook page for contact info). Ask for Danny or Wes, and mention Larry's NSX. They do a phenomenonal job, but be prepared to leave your car there for 3-4 weeks as they usually have 4-5 other cars already in the shop.

That blue wrapped car is mine. The shop is Imperial Works in Elk Grove (checkout their Facebook page for contact info). Ask for Danny or Wes, and mention Larry's NSX. They do a phenomenonal job, but be prepared to leave your car there for 3-4 weeks as they usually have 4-5 other cars already in the shop.
They wrapped the inside of the doors right? How is the wrap holding up to high heat and sunlight?

Takes just as long to wrap as it does to paint. Your car looks amazing, I'd really like to see some high res. pics of some detail work on your car. I'm contemplating white on a black car and I am concerned particularly about jams and other details.

Dennis do you do detail work? I'm down for a detail day. Was just checking the other day how much polish and pads I had and what I would need to order so I could start doing some detail work.

BTW - I can give you a ride in my CTSC if you'd like. I will be at C&C at Santana Row this Saturday.

[MENTION=16375]Dhalsim[/MENTION] Yes sir I do. Let me know if you ever have any questions. I'm always down for DIY/Detail whatever. I'll let you know if I can make it this Saturday but looks slim.

Takes just as long to wrap as it does to paint. Your car looks amazing, I'd really like to see some high res. pics of some detail work on your car. I'm contemplating white on a black car and I am concerned particularly about jams and other details.

Rob, keep it black. While it is a bitch to keep clean, in my opinion the white nsx's look very feminine. White cars should not be an option on exotic cars in my opinion. I was thinking of wrapping mine in yellow but I'm not sure either. I sure do love the black on black. I was downtown today and seen a Lambo that had a copper colored chrome wrap. While it looked cool, I stared harder and could see bubbles and flaws. Makes me wonder sometimes on wrapping a car.

Rob, keep it black. While it is a bitch to keep clean, in my opinion the white nsx's look very feminine. White cars should not be an option on exotic cars in my opinion. I was thinking of wrapping mine in yellow but I'm not sure either. I sure do love the black on black. I was downtown today and seen a Lambo that had a copper colored chrome wrap. While it looked cool, I stared harder and could see bubbles and flaws. Makes me wonder sometimes on wrapping a car.
Thanks for the input but I could not disagree more about white on the NSX, especially with a black roof. Example: NSX-R. Black is the highest maintenance color, white is the lowest maintenance color.

My car is predominately a track toy and black is the absolute worst color for the track. White is the best color for track cars. Why do you think most race cars are white? If money was no object, I would re-paint the car berlina black, then wrap it in white to protect it and go tear up the track. Since money is a very important object to me, think I'll just rap it and race it.

91 X's black to white wrap

I'm still not sold on white. But good luck to you finding a good shop to do the work and please post your comments on such. If only I lived in Florida still. My father has been custom painting hot rods for 39 years.

I'm starting to come around to the same conclusion Roman, but its a long term project. I need to do some body work first to fit the wheel/tire setup I want run. Looking for some 17/18 9" & 11".
11" in the rear - sounds like wide body to me. If so white wrap will make it look even wider ;)

For a race car, I would get it wrapped neon color so those GT3s can see you clearly in the rear view yet do nothing about you passing them immediately after ;)

Imperial Werks wraps high-end cars like Maseratis, Telsas, and GT-Rs all day. They do cover all jams, and do most of the razor cutting off the car. After six months, it's holding up well. But as you know, a track car will not be as lucky.
When is the next Trackmaster's event? I might come out to play...

Back