• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Salvaged NSXs Sightings - please use this thread as a temporary place to post them

A number of years ago, a project was started to create a 'registry' of known NSXs by VIN and the information is still available in the NSX Wiki on this site. The information was categorized in a number of ways, one of which was a list of VINs of salvaged NSXs. There were a number of Prime users who generously volunteered their time to add to the list when they could. Unfortunately, due to site software issues, the Wiki has remained locked down and un-editable since Lud last moved the site and people have been unable to add additional sightings of salvaged VINs. The current state of the list can be found here: http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Salvage_List

In the meantime, people have continued to express interest in adding to the list and while we are waiting for a more permanent solution, I believe it would be useful if we had an alternate vehicle for people to capture this information so I am proposing we use this thread as a way to do that. All that I ask is that the people who add new salvage VINs also include the source of the sighting so that we have a starting point if questions arise in the future as to whether or not it was truly a salvage VIN. And before you post, please verify if the VIN is actually valid .. you can use the VIN decoder that was created by Prime user Ojas here: http://ojas.net/nsx/vin

Thank-you

JH4NA2163WT000016

On FB Prime Owner page being parted out. Ad states front clip has been removed from car as well as some of the interior. Entire car is being parted. Salvaged? You be the judge. Just thought I would add what I saw for reference.

photo.jpg

This is a good starting point Ian, i suggested the idea of having a link attached within the "NSX'S For sale" section to provide a readily available source to ascertain a cars viability. The VIN decoder could also be added as an added step in judging a suitable NSX. Your idea of a "source" to authenticate a NSX is salvaged/wrecked is valid also, just be aware Salvage/wrecked listings are usually for a short period and then disappear.
My thought was to have members submit wrecked/salvage NSX information (link to salvage site) with the VIN to a chosen Moderator for submission. The only one able to make additions/ alterations would be the submitting Moderator. This would hopefully eliminate the chance of random/mistaken submissions.

~Steven

JH4NA1152MT002578

Currently up for sale on CL in Mobile, AL. Has a body kit, interior has been reworked. No idea on the mechanicals. No idea what caused the salvage title.

Back