• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

What have you hit with your NSX?

I hate to say it, but I can now add porcupine to the list.

It bounced off the lower front bumper.
Saw it at 80 km/hr in the dark, braked hard - impact speed 40 km/hr?
Animal lived, but lower and upper front bumper damaged (insurance company will replace both with OEM parts, no repairs).

Some days...

I hit a dead armadillo the other day at 80mph, bang bang bang underneath. EZ-lip front spoiler survived it, no other damage done. Made a hell of a noise though!

Texas Deer.jpg

Hit a deer around 40 mph. Car ended up totaled. Deer ended up inside the car in my wife's lap... dead.

Not something I want to experience again.
Norm

A squirrel!!! Poor guy/girl. Why is that squirrels that make it across the street when you approach them, suddenly run back into the street only to be hit?

- - - Updated - - -

A concrete wall.

I can vouch for that hit, and of course the wall won!!!!

Last edited:
Midlife!

A small bird once flew right in front of my car at a height of only 1 to 2 feet above the road surface. It seemed like I had run over it for sure, but I felt and heard nothing. A few weeks later I smelled an awful smell while washing my car. The bird had been sucked thru the the opening on the air dam and become wedged against the radiator.

attachment.php

Hit a deer around 40 mph. Car ended up totaled. Deer ended up inside the car in my wife's lap... dead.

Norm

This is what my nightmares are made of, shit... glad u guys were okay too

Around a million tiny rocks as my front end and windshield can attest to. I have hit my undercarriage with a couple of rocks that I could not avoid but no damage other than some scraches. I also hit 175 on a very desolate road in Nevada.:biggrin:

View attachment 129423

Norm

with all due respect to the scenario played out here, but this is a GREAT vintage photo from 1999. Please consider posting this up in the "NSXs in the wild" thread about vintage pictures from way back.

glad your were okay.

Back