• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel cleaner?

What is the best thing to use to clean these spots of the wheels?

wheel_zps1nn0ptqm.jpeg

wheel2_zpskvrcu5ke.jpeg

What kind of wheels are they? Are they Volk or Work wheels? If so, it'll be almost impossible to get those out because there's an anodized clearcoat on the outside lips and looks like the stain either got through it or ate through it. The only way to do it would be to strip the clearcoat but then the lips will oxidize every few days.

EDIT: I have read that a Claybar could work, or a 50/50 water & vinegar solution may work. I'd be really careful with the vinegar though since it's acidic...

Last edited:
I had the right wheels (ones in the pic) refinished because I bent them. I thought the repair shop told me that the clear isn't on there any more. I recall them saying something about them not being able to redo it like the factory. They are volks.

a) get some gloves and i hope you like polishing/sanding, till you get tired of it. How often you do this depends on you (1/week or more).

b) replace wheels

+1 on this if there is no clearcoat on them anymore and it's bare metal. Also you could use Nevr-Dull.

+2. If the wheels are bare metal you will be able to tell right away as the polish will almost immediately turn black on the application cloth as you rub it over the metal. If it doesn't, the metal has been clear-coated. There are polishes made specifically for clear-coated aluminum rims at your local car parts store.

Back