• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Pride NEW NSX-R Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler Review

Hi Prime

I usually don’t write up a review of a product unless I am really happy with the purchase.

I recently just purchased and installed the NEW Pride NSX-R Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler.

This is a direct copy of the NSX-R Wing.
It has the curved upper part and has a 3rd brake light just like the Real NSX-R Spoiler.
The only thing different from the real NSX-R spoiler is the tiny piece of Carbon fiber that is on the front tip of the spoiler, which I actually don’t really care for, it seems to be out of place.

I have tried another brand previously and was not quite happy with the quality and fitment.
However this Pride NSX-R Wing is one of the prettiest wing I have seen. Quality was outstanding and did not see any flaws on the Spoiler.
Fitment was also on par and install was a breeze due to fitment was spot on.
I don’t have a high-end weighing scale but I measured the wing and weighed roughly around 4.3 lbs.

It is also difficult to find an upgrade for your NSX that is well made and priced affordably.
This NSX-R wing sells for $700.00 plus $80.00 shipping.
There is also an optional NSX-R Wing Decal available.

Do I even need to mention the AWSOME customer service that you get from Mark.
Please contact Mark@Pride if you are interested.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8669.jpg
    IMG_8669.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 6,918
  • IMG_8673.jpg
    IMG_8673.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 6,834
  • IMG_8674.jpg
    IMG_8674.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 6,879
  • IMG_8676.jpg
    IMG_8676.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,391
  • IMG_8682.jpg
    IMG_8682.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 6,849
  • IMG_8681.jpg
    IMG_8681.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 6,850
  • 20150406_161346.jpg
    20150406_161346.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 6,850
  • 20150406_161400.jpg
    20150406_161400.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 6,856
  • 20150406_161409.jpg
    20150406_161409.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 6,866
  • 20150406_161503.jpg
    20150406_161503.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 6,861
  • 20150406_173419.jpg
    20150406_173419.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 6,813
Last edited:
Looks great. Didnt even know Pride was making aero bits now. Thought he just sold the seibon ones.

Do these come with a warranty? Any more installed photos and macro shots of fit/finish and weave quality? Thanks!

DreamPowered.
PRIDE is now making other CF parts for our car. Not just this wing. I saw some side vents Prototype 😉

Tai.
Sorry dont know about the warranty info. Its not a real issue to me in dealing with Pride. Mark will take care of you and the product you purchased.
Sorry i dont have a macro lens. But looking at the spoiler, i am happy with the way the Fiber material is molded. I have attached some pictures above that you can probably zoom in to get an idea on how the carbon fiber weave looks like.

[MENTION=10590]amgnsx[/MENTION] How did you wire for the third brake light? Did you remove the stock rubber harness that seals and sits on top of the trunk?

[MENTION=10590]amgnsx[/MENTION] How did you wire for the third brake light? Did you remove the stock rubber harness that seals and sits on top of the trunk?

Hi.

Left the rubber grommet and cut the wire.
Installed wite connector and done.

Hi.

Left the rubber grommet and cut the wire.
Installed wite connector and done.

When b2infinity and I installed my pride spoiler, it looked like there was no recessed dip on the spoiler that the rubber grommet could fit into (like the OEM spoiler). That's why we removed it. Does your pride spoiler still sit flush with the rubber grommet?

I cut out a little bit of the spoiler with a dremel.

Just pulled the trigger on this bad boy!!! :biggrin: As always, Mark is a stand up guy and always a pleasure to do business with.

Thanks amgnsx for such a great review and posting exceptional pics.

Just received mine today. Mark at Pride did an awesome Job with communication and delivery. Here are a few pics. Would like to not cut the factory wiring harness. Any ideas on getting the same clip/grommet to instal like factory?
IMG_1909.jpgIMG_1912.jpgIMG_1913.jpg

Why not solder the two wires, then insert them into appropriate slot. Then electro tape it. Wrap it up nice and tight.. No cutting.

Why not solder the two wires, then insert them into appropriate slot. Then electro tape it. Wrap it up nice and tight.. No cutting.
Only problem with this option is that the grommet that prevents water from entering the trunk is before the clip. so if i just insert the new wire into the female end of the clip, I have no grommet to prevent water getting into the trunk lid. Here is a pic of what comes out with the OEM spoiler and wires.
(Note the grommet you see in the pic fits onto the trunk lid and not into the hole you see in the spoiler shown.
IMG_1920.jpgIMG_1918.jpg

Last edited:
I see what you are saying. Only other option is salvage yard. But that would be pretty hard.
Or
If you can custom a gasket under the spoiler. Maybe foam or rubber, circling the base of the spoiler giving air tight after you bolt it down.

Last edited:
Just got my wing yesterday and Mark @ Pride, once again, came through with a magnificent product.

I have the same dilemma with the wiring too. I fully understand KnoxVegas' concern. I was gonna buy a connector but realize I will need a grommet to plug up the hole.... ughhhh.

Last edited:
I'm very interested in the wing for the future, so I guess I have a vested interest in helping you guys figure out a solution.

What's missing from this thread are pictures of the harness coming out of the Pride wing. Can someone take a snapshot of that? I still think you all could just de-pin the connector from the factory wing harness and slip the grommet off with minimal effort. Then just de-pin the Pride connector and slip it on.

Mark has available several other carbon parts in addition to the NSX-R replica wing .... I think a group buy is in order.

Here's a list of what Pride currently has:
PRIDE Carbon's NSX-R style Carbon Spoiler w/ LED
PRIDE Carbon's NSX OEM style Side Duct
PRIDE Carbon's NSX-RR GT Side Vent/ Scoop
PRIDE Carbon's NSX OEM style Rear Window Garnish
PRIDE NSX 02-05 Style FRP Trunk Lip (Sub) spoiler
PRIDE NSX 02-05 Style FRP Side Skirts with door caps

Hope you don't mind, Mark!

Last edited:
I'll take a picture of the wiring harness when I get home from work this evening, KnoxVegas.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys won't be diappointed with this wing... it's worth the money. ;)

There is no clip on the new pride rear carbon spoiler.
Just the ends of a black and red wire.

To plug into the end of the clip coming out of the trunk lid, I would need a male end of a clip and be nice to also have the grommet.

I looked all over Acura parts and could not find the right grommet. The part number on the grommet is not listed anywhere on Acura parts. Probably because it comes as the wiring harness already connected to the rear spoiler.

The grommet itself does have a part number on it 91662-SL0-2
The whole wiring harness coming out of the spoiler has a part number of 32106-SL0-0004

I have not been able to find either of these part numbers.
IMG_1925.jpgIMG_1926.jpg

Last edited:
I alway think the NSX-R spoiler doesn't flow with the line of the NSX. But you know what I'm go ahead and give it a try and see how it look on my NSX. lol

Back