• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ctsc fuel pressure

Absolutely, I don't like hearing that.:eek: But no, I get it man. Your helping me out here. My next step of my plans was to go aem fic with head gasket change and oil pan baffle. But I just spent like 16k in the past few months. I'm still in Betty Ford recovering.:biggrin:
I understand the logic of a piggy back fuel management system versus a very outdated rrfpr. I had the piggy back in my greddy turbo kit on my H22a prelude. Or at least I think that's what it had? Damn it sucks getting older. It's hard to remember. When Shad was explaining this graph to me, all I was thinking was damn that blower looks awesome and wow my car has never idled like that before.

The motor runs strong. So I guess I will just take the 84 psi as a point to look at as the normal operating pressure.
I'm liking the stepper motor gauges.

Most engines will run perfectly normal with anywhere from 11:1 to 17:1 air fuel ratios.

The difference is, when the A/F starts to climb, the output energy (temperature rise) during combustion is increasing (getting hotter), heating everything up. At some point the additional heat causes the reaction to proceed too quickly, resulting in knock and damaging parts.

We depend on the lower air fuel ratio not to make the engine "run fine" but to keep it "safe and cool". Watching your EGT(exhaust gas temperature) is a good way to make sure everything stays cool.

your best bet is to watch a properly installed wideband stay in the 12's or lower while you run the car through the gears.

Also fwiw this rising fuel pressure device (FMU you might call it) is a band-aid approach and should only be used when you have sufficient monitoring hardware, skills, and a spare fuel pump.
high pressures are notoriously hard on the fuel pump, and fuel system overall. Typically if there is headroom in the injectors I will lower the fuel pressure if they are fairly small (550cc/min or less). Larger injectors I will not lower the pressure much even if there is headroom because they typically display poor spray pattern characteristics when pressure drops too low (below about 35psi). A 6-cylinder with 550cc/min injectors should support an easy 440rwhp, with a base fuel pressure setting of just 38psi (31psi at idle with vacuum). This will help the fuel pump live a long life.

Last edited:
Back