• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Driveshafts - Best source to purchase

I'll be putting my NSX on a rack soon to put new suspension on. My CV boots are shot. An overpriced estimate of $740 from the shop (From what I've read here, 300-400 is on par) makes me think I may just do new driveshafts on both sides, then have the old ones rebuilt if needed and shelf them for later or for when another prime member is in need of them. From my research here and on the web, the left you can get aftermarket but the right seems to only be OEM for a pretty penny. Unless someone says otherwise, I'd prefer to just do the Honda OEM ones on both sides if I can manage to keep it around 1K-$1500 for the pair.

Can anyone weigh in and give me some locations to buy and weigh in on the aftermarket vs OEM? I did have a look over a recent thread on a specific brand of aftermarket that came out of the box with a lot of play and a second one purchased had the same bad play in it so I will be avoiding that brand.

I am supercharged and currently pushing about 320, but after I fix a boost leak and down the road get a smaller pulley I will be bumping that up.

Thanks in advance.

Hit up Mike at insaneshafts.com

d20cbac55841b43ab4ed907958b31467.jpg

Wonder would they do a group buy for 5 pairs??

Wonder would they do a group buy for 5 pairs??

I plan to call them in an hour or so when they open. Do we have 5 people looking at this point? From this thread there are 3 potential if you and UnhuZ are interested. If you know of others, let me know and I can ask him about a deal for 5 pairs.

It's already at ~600 for a set. Which is super reasonable price given how small nsx market is.

I'm yet to install them but yeah rated at 500 ;)

please let us know the quality and ease of installation, do they provide their own grease? Vented? And noticeable differences between OEM and the insane shafts?

- - - Updated - - -

I plan to call them in an hour or so when they open. Do we have 5 people looking at this point? From this thread there are 3 potential if you and UnhuZ are interested. If you know of others, let me know and I can ask him about a deal for 5 pairs.

I think if we post up the details we can gauge more interest. I'm pretty sure there are a few more that are in need of a rebuild or replacement.

I'm yet to install them but yeah rated at 500 ;)

Hey Solidol, can you check out this thread and maybe check your set to make sure they have no play like the set in this post? Different manufacturer, but still, this is what I'm wanting to avoid.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...k-replacement-driveshaft?highlight=driveshaft

- - - Updated - - -

please let us know the quality and ease of installation, do they provide their own grease? Vented? And noticeable differences between OEM and the insane shafts?

- - - Updated - - -

I think if we post up the details we can gauge more interest. I'm pretty sure there are a few more that are in need of a rebuild or replacement.

I spoke with Mike a bit ago. He was on the road so we didn't discuss in full but he did say price was roundabout 600. Didn't ask about a bulk order but he is planning to call me back today and I'll bring it up then and gauge his response.

Hey Solidol, can you check out this thread and maybe check your set to make sure they have no play like the set in this post? Different manufacturer, but still, this is what I'm wanting to avoid.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...k-replacement-driveshaft?highlight=driveshaft

Not sure if serious but no no play. Just FYI Insaneshafts have been making these for drag applications for many many years. I'll keep everyone posted on installation in my build thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I spoke to him again and brought up the idea of having a few of us purchasing sets. He said if there were several of us that wanted to buy he could offer a small discount. I'm ready to pull the trigger pretty soon on these. If we can get 2-3 others besides myself we could work out a deal with him.

I spoke to him again and brought up the idea of having a few of us purchasing sets. He said if there were several of us that wanted to buy he could offer a small discount. I'm ready to pull the trigger pretty soon on these. If we can get 2-3 others besides myself we could work out a deal with him.

If insane shafts is willing to give a discount, then if you can grab some info as far as firmest, installation hardware, instructions, price, shipping and etc. then I'm pretty sure people would be in. I'm not sure how many nsx has these axles, but it's definitely a path I would like to follow. Would they give a good discount for us early adopters?

Hi,

i would be in also, but i need a bit more time... 1 or 2 months.
[MENTION=27958]solidol[/MENTION] - Do you know if a higher HP set would cost a lot more than yours ?

Thanks,
Nuno

Hi,

i would be in also, but i need a bit more time... 1 or 2 months.
[MENTION=27958]solidol[/MENTION] - Do you know if a higher HP set would cost a lot more than yours ?

Thanks,
Nuno
Higher than 500? Not sure. You need to call Mike. Or get and idea about price bump looking at other applications. S2000/Integras etc

I've spoken to Mike again and he's willing to do a deal for those of us that are interested right now, UnhuZ, that does include you as well even though you're a month or so out. Those that are interested in purchasing please PM me for specific details.

Thanks.

Any updates? have you installed these yet?

Thanks,

Chris.
Sorry Chris not yet. I'm being crushed at work and would most likely be able to wrench on the car in few weeks time only. If you have any questions about build quality - ask away. I think there are few people running these already.

Sorry Chris not yet. I'm being crushed at work and would most likely be able to wrench on the car in few weeks time only. If you have any questions about build quality - ask away. I think there are few people running these already.

Thanks,

I've just ordered a set.

I have a trip planned to the Nurburgring in a couple of weeks, time is running out fast.

I can clarify on my joints Honda Legend bearings did not fit! then Nsx bearings from the other side knuckle didn't fit either! :( I had plenty of time but problem after problem.

Lead time on Nsx knuckles is weeks/months. I could get a complete oem shaft but thought what's the point if i can get two which are stronger for less money, just hoping they arrive in time.

Last edited:
Back