• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

WTF is up with cops nowadays.

It's almost as if cops are completely oblivious to whats been going on recently. They just continue to shoot, harass, beat down, etc. people without justification. Just the other day there was that incident where the cop shot that guys dog even after the other cop was petting it. In this incident even if it wasn't on video was he going to get away with it? I mean 8 bullets in the back of a man? Doesn't that raise some serious questions? How do you justify shooting someone in the back? An UNARMED man!

i blame this on improper training. I mean the guy was 50 years old and out of shape...couldn't the officer have run him down and arrested him? The officer deserves everything he's going to get.

It's almost as if cops are completely oblivious to whats been going on recently. They just continue to shoot, harass, beat down, etc. people without justification. Just the other day there was that incident where the cop shot that guys dog even after the other cop was petting it. In this incident even if it wasn't on video was he going to get away with it? I mean 8 bullets in the back of a man? Doesn't that raise some serious questions? How do you justify shooting someone in the back? An UNARMED man!

Sure there are bad cops just like there are bad people in all professions. Surely the bad cops get all the publicity so what you're writing appears to be the case but statistics don't jive with your comment. This cop will get what he deserves, others will get body cameras. We need those body cameras soon to bring sanity to this issue.

Just a heads up that threads like these tend to "go downhill" very quickly so it will be monitored and if comments get out of hand then it will have to be closed.

Please keep the responses appropriate and do not let this thread degenerate into vitriol, political statements, racist remarks, etc.

Well this really in my back yard living in Charleston. I have several friends that work for the NCPD. The feelings are mostly the guy didn't have to run but that in no way is an excuse for this officer to claim his life is threatened by a fleeing suspect from a traffic stop. He didn't have to be shot 8 times after being tazed and while being arrested (handcuffed)... he runs away. NCPD has a long history here for being brutal.

Myself being pulled over in my NSX three times during the ownership of this car..two with NCPD friends in my car. They were wondering why I was being pulled over too. I said if I don't get pulled over I get followed. N. Charleston is not Ferguson by no means, but this shooting has pushed the limits. NC doesn't care what color you are to a point. Just don't be non-white and drive a nice car. You are instantly a drug dealer. So like this video being release. I get angry at the one simple fact....what would have happen to me if those guys were not in the car with me. My buddies wanted to see how far their fellow officer was going to go before they pulled their badge out on them. The one time they were not with me I got a 4-point ticket for crossing 4 lanes of traffic while he was behind me with his lights on to pull me over. 1-point for each lane. And I quote " what's a person like you doing with a car like this" me.." why did you pull me over" .."I looked like I was going pretty fast" I'm mixed in with several other cars on the highway. He was part of the mix and blue lighted me. I go to court with another ranking NCPD officers but it's the other officers arrest so he made it stick. About two-years later he was fired. I don't know why. Time warp all of this happened to me about 10 years ago.

I'm glad this is coming to light. He better not get off.

Enuf said

Interesting story Chudson. This is the type of harassment I was referring to. I think this type of thing happens much more than people think or are aware of. Do they keep statistics on these things? Probably not.

Bear says "statistics don't jive with your comment" but as we all now there are three types of lies; lies, dam lies and statistics.

I dislike politics and usually refrain from commenting on these topics. I know many of you will not agree but the video looks staged to me... Like all those Isis beheading videos which imo are staged as well.

Very sad for both parties, their families, and the community.

I'm not defending anyone, but if the policeman ran the plates prior to pulling the Mercedes over (which is typical), he may have discovered the owners previous ten convictions (some with assault) and have been on heightened awareness. The "fight or flight response" is very powerful and certainly impacted both mens judgement.

Too bad the Taser didn't work correctly.

would mandatory body cams change this any thoughts I would like to hear them

its almost like you will not fart or pick your nose when there is a known camera pointing at you ya know

- - - Updated - - -

I think all cops are prob marksmen they have to put in so many hours a week at the gun range they could hit a leg if they wanted to. "center of mass" is just a shooting term

Cops in my 'hood are uber friendly. Rather pull me over to check out the car and chat and get advise for heavy modifications. Shake hands after and no speeding ticket, etc.

Even had an incident when cops at the Stanford football game (people were leaving) ask about the NSX.... then when I told them It's breathing abby normal they asked me to hammer it off the line in 1st gear. I did that (no muffler with flames shooting out).

I can't relate.

Last edited:
I don't think it's a lack of training. I think it's hunger for violence. That's it

I think so. Pretty sure he watched the show COPS on tv back then, and in the show, you usually see cops chasing people when they run away, not shoot them in the back, 8 times.

Body cams or not, most traffic stops nowadays have cell phones pointing their direction anyways. A good point to remember, you stop someone, all eyes are on YOU!!!!

its almost like you will not fart or pick your nose when there is a known camera pointing at you ya know

- - - Updated - - -

I think all cops are prob marksmen they have to put in so many hours a week at the gun range they could hit a leg if they wanted to. "center of mass" is just a shooting term

- - - Updated - - -

You don't think body cams the create evidence would discourage crooked cops from performing illegal activities? And you don't think they would provide evidence that would prevent political noseybodies from making claims shown not to be true in the body cam video?

I think it is just a matter of "shit happens". Look at car racing for instance, even the most trained drivers and trained technicians who work on their cars sometimes life just happens and people get hurt or die. Human nature is always to find a cause when the cause itself is in fact human nature. Emotions, stress, poor decisions, ect. Coupled with the fact of everything being caught on film these days. This has always been going on. You just have proof now and seeing is beleiving.

I dislike politics and usually refrain from commenting on these topics. I know many of you will not agree but the video looks staged to me... Like all those Isis beheading videos which imo are staged as well.
Don't forget the moon landings and of course, the holocaust... all staged, eh? :confused:

Don't forget the moon landings and of course, the holocaust... all staged, eh? :confused:

Actually after seeing the first part when he gets pulled over, I take back what I said. However, having said that, I do believe the country is getting closer to becoming a police state. And I stand by my opinion that many events out there (not all) that the media portrays as real, is indeed staged and operated by our own government (or is involved in some way) to control the masses with fear not just here but everywhere.

Actually after seeing the first part when he gets pulled over, I take back what I said. However, having said that, I do believe the country is getting closer to becoming a police state. And I stand by my opinion that many events out there (not all) that the media portrays as real, is indeed staged and operated by our own government (or is involved in some way) to control the masses with fear not just here but everywhere.

Name three specific examples......

We are running into touchy issues here guys, let's talk about the new nsx instead and let a judge and jury decide.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This thread is about to implode.... Peace out:)

In before the lock.

A few NSX friends I know are highway patrols and they are very nice smart people. They do what they do because they want to help people.

However, a lot of the policemen out there are not the smartest people in the world. I just did a quick google on “How to become a police officer?” Search result:

Step 1: Obtain the Necessary Education. A high school diploma or a GED is typically the minimum level of education needed to become a police officer. ...
Step 2: Submit an Application to a Police Department. ...
Step 3: Graduate from a Police Academy Training Program. ...
Step 4: Actively Work to Obtain Promotions.

As you can see, it does not take much to become a police officer. All you need is a high school diploma, and now you have the authority to bully people and pull people over. Someone mentioned “Hunger for violence”, wonder why GTA games sell so well? The government needs these people so they can follow directions that might or might not be ethical, for the lack of better terms.

These problems are not only in the police force. Please let me rant on another one…

Ask your doctor if he/she would recommend Chemotherapy to his/her kids in case of a cancer, I bet 95% of them would say no, or at least they know well in their heart that they will not give their kids Chemotherapy if they have cancer. Only few doctors are brave enough to do the right thing to patients because doing the right thing will eventually get them fire. Are you brave enough to give up 12 years of medical school and 200k+ salary? I am not.

The food industry……

Back