• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSXCC Spring Tune up & BBQ at Octane Motors world headquarters-Sunday May 3, 2015

Good morning all!

Spring has finally sprung! the grass is finally turning from an ugly white to a spectacular green. As it's finally happening, Rob Magro, our illustrious favorite NSX technician has offered to hold his annual spring tune -up session and barbecue at his house/shop in lovely Carlisle Ontario on what promises to be a lovely spring day, May 3, 2015.

This year, we'll be doing things a little differently, we will have a meet up at the Williams cafe at 1250 Brant Street in Burlington starting at 10:00 a.m. where we'll have the mornings first coffee and start the cruise up to the world Headquarters of Octane Motors at 11:30promptly; arriving at the shop between 12:30 and 1:00p.m.

For those of you who have been before we need no introduction, for those of you who haven't, you're in for a treat. Octane Motors has a three car garage with lifts fit to work in as many NSX's as he can cram in there. You'll be impressed at the machinery that lurks in all corners of the garage.

Carlisle is centrally located about 10 minutes north of Hamilton off of the 403, and about 10 minutes south of the 401 in Morriston(Guelph) so no matter where you come from, it will be easy to travel. Hopefully, after the protracted winter that we've all experienced, the roads will be clean which will leave the option for a short afternoon cruise after we have our fill of technical knowledge and burgers.

If you wish to show up directly to the garage after 12:30p.m., the address is 128 Carlisle Road Hamilton, Ontario. L0R 1K0

In a similar fashion to all of our club events, this event is open to club members. If you haven't renewed for the year yet, don't fear: you can either PayPal the $50 Canadian to [email protected] or hand over the money on the day of the event. The gift for renewal this year is an absolutely awesome NSXCC license plate frame in an assortment of attractive colour options.

Don't delay! Sign up here:

1) Sean
2) Rob M (let's hope he shows up!)
3) Bram
4) Chris W.
5) Piran
6) Lucas + Pam
7) Rick + Christina
8) Renato
9) Lionel W.
10) Shafik +1
11) Tommy P.
12) Dave
13) Andre M.
14) Don + Arlene
15) Mike V. +1
16) Jim M
17) Steve R. +1
18) Garrick +gang
19) Mark A. +1
20) Carlos R. +1
21) Torro
22) Richie
23) Tony
24) Martin
25) Jim E.

As if you needed more convincing, here are some pictures of last years event

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
It looks like the weather is going to be great on the weekend, perfect for BBq'ing and BS'ing at Rob's place.

The day is forecast to have a high temperature of 21 degrees and almost zero chance of precipitation. It's going to be amazing!

I'm in as well, but got to leave around 1pm. It will be nice to see everybody again. Andre

Last edited:
Only a few days away, and our route looks spectacular so far. As with any club gathering, we invite all current members of the club to join us. What's that? you haven't joined up for the 2015 driving season yet? Never fear, we accept $50 cash as well as Paypal at [email protected]. After you've joined back up we will have an assortment of license plate frames as our annual renewal gift to you.

Also, our gracious host has asked that I remind everybody of several things for the weekend which should be very easy to accommodate.

Non-NSX Parking is available immediately across the street at Courtcliff park, with the success of last year and anticipated success this year we must ask that ONLY NSX's park in Rob's lot.
No smoking on the property. Rob has two little guys, and I'm sure some more will join us through the day, so please step off the property if you need a ciggy.
Drive courteously around his shop.

It's shaping up to be an excellent day!

Hey guys,

Pretty excited here to come to my first Spring Tune up event.

I was wondering, since I am coming out of Whitby (east end) are there any others that would like to meet somewhere local / central and drive down together? PM or let me know on the thread. Better to text me, I wont have the opportunity to be on here too much today but I will check it time to time.

See you guys on Sunday ;o)

The weather is fantastic ....so this Spring Tune-up cruise and BBQ is going to be epic....the route is just a wonderful, so we get the opportunity to get raid of some cobwebs, that may have built up over the Winter.

Bram

Count me in, I can't wait to finally meet all of you. Sean I got 50 bucks for you and I want my licence plate cover.

Me, and my Bro, Martin and his Son will try to make it out tomorrow most likely for BBQ at Rob's.

Hey Rob, Rob's wife, Sean, Bram and everyone else involved in organizing today's event... Thank you very much for a great afternoon. Great to see so many friendly faces, 20+ NSXs and amazing weather to boot. Look forward to the season and seeing everyone around. Thanks again!

Back