• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cincinnati help - Will a NSX make it up my driveway test...

uku

Registered Member
I am really interested in getting a NSX, but I'm not sure if it will make it up my driveway without scraping because the entrance is a bit steep. By chance, is there anyone in the Cincinnati, OH area that is willing to come to my house with their NSX and very carefully see if there is enough clearance? I know this is a far shot. Beer or other compensation can be provided.

Also, anyone know the actual approach angle for these cars?

Thanks!

driveway1.jpgdriveway2.jpg

Last edited:
Take a few photos of your driveway and some people might be able to asses without actually testing. Stock height makes a difference too.

I attached some pics from Google Street View. I can try to take some better pictures this week.

You should be fine if you purchase and remain at stock height. Your driveway doesn't appear as steep as mine and I get up it fine. I do enter and exit on an angle and occasionally scrape the front lip if I don't angle enough. If you need pics I can send some later on this evening.

uku, We have tons of local owners who would probably swing by to check.
[MENTION=29229]Cincy Jamie[/MENTION] [MENTION=27122]bubbadog[/MENTION]

Pm me your email and I will send out a local email blast and copy you on it to see if someone can swing by.

uku, We have tons of local owners who would probably swing by to check.
@Cincy Jamie @bubbadog

Pm me your email and I will send out a local email blast and copy you on it to see if someone can swing by.

What part art of town are you in? My driveway is a hell of a lot steeper than that lol

Here's mine. Sorry about the sideways pic. That's how it showed up from my phone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 227
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I live in Oakley. The driveway is steeper than it looks. My wife's Honda Fit scrapes if she isn't careful. My WRX (lowered ~1") does fine though.

Source 1, I will send you a PM. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I live in Oakley. The driveway is steeper than it looks. My wife's Honda Fit scrapes if she isn't careful. My WRX (lowered ~1") does fine though.

Source 1, I will send you a PM. Thanks.

i can come over next week depending on the weather. My office is in Oakley at the corner of Madison and Drakewood next to the 20th Century

i can come over next week depending on the weather. My office is in Oakley at the corner of Madison and Drakewood next to the 20th Century

That is really close to my house. I have never seen a NSX around there (or anywhere in Cincy actually). I was expecting really slow or no response, but you guys are fast! Thanks!

We are the shit. You haven't seen it because Ive only driven it to the office once lol

- - - Updated - - -

How does this Friday at 3:00pm work? Forgot I'm having my backyard demolished Saturday and a dumpster will be blocking the car for awhile.

Jamie, 3:00 on Friday works for me. I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

Also, here are some newer pics of the driveway:
20150416_164628.jpg
20150416_164637.jpg

It's steeper than it looks. My wife's Fit scrapes on it sometimes.

I'd just feel really stupid to buy a NSX only to find out it doesn't fit...

There was a particular NSX I was really interested in, but it just sold. It would be nice if I can figure this situation out before another potential NSX passes.

Thanks!

worse case you could remove the front lip until you can move. with the lip removed there's like 5-6 inches of clearance up front at stock height.

edit: or do what I did when I was unsure. I built a rig out of a few 2x4s and adjustable height caster wheels. I used the NSX technical drawings to set the heights correctly at various points, used some thin wood strips to emulate the front and rear overhangs. and then I tried to "drive" the rig up my driveway. it looked ridiculous, but it showed that a stock NSX would make it up my driveway without issue :D

Last edited:
Vivnshah, my neighbors would think I'm crazy, but I like it! haha. I think figuring out if/how the tires will flex and such could make a 1"+ difference, which could be enough to make an inaccurate assessment.

Also, I am not selling my house because of a car...I just bought it!

Vivnshah, my neighbors would think I'm crazy, but I like it! haha. I think figuring out if/how the tires will flex and such could make a 1"+ difference, which could be enough to make an inaccurate assessment.

Also, I am not selling my house because of a car...I just bought it!

My driveway looks steeper than yours (significant bump from sidewalk transition to driveway) and I barely scrape (I am lowered 1.25" and have a WW front lip), I do come in at a slight angle though, same when I exit. If you are stock ride height, I would think you would be fine. Eventually I will regrade the driveway, but that's a future project...

Back