• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE: JH4NA21653T000160 - 2003 Acura NSX

Car has been in multiple accidents that haven't been disclosed.

[h=3]
FVM-MGJaQVrjpQkKs6hm4yGiV0PeO47vMSGQLo4YqR-AHPiXVv6wX1w5lf2YiGXl7MKAgNc__HrwEgDV0GhgYwUidtEFXQ=s0-d-e1-ft
Detailed History[/h]
jVP_hyr_Ir3kpUZZ7OjpaqoiDWnAXqFSMJm_p8pJTQgj7xKBPEllUUj5TYZc-TUwTAOw6aCUJduCkGhJBgQPaw=s0-d-e1-ft
jVP_hyr_Ir3kpUZZ7OjpaqoiDWnAXqFSMJm_p8pJTQgj7xKBPEllUUj5TYZc-TUwTAOw6aCUJduCkGhJBgQPaw=s0-d-e1-ft
Stigl0MQWqu_kDPXfmxeH1WaInDQQ8V6wlQNU5REXsM86elplHvAUTbCJ2chgxLrRR262O1xxXMkFLprnPl4K_n85CV5vQ=s0-d-e1-ft
G0dOxMREiHheUgvL7TOiwMmzQh4SzX29nQ7Fi4dslHFGQgDzXylzzMM21gLw1mHvciwjj_TVdzuD9_3FRVeVkQZhXnc=s0-d-e1-ft
Owner 1
Purchased:2003
Type:Personal
Where:California
Est. miles/year:8,437/yr
Est. length owned:10/2/03 -4/6/15(11 yrs. 6 mo.)
u5HeL3EPdUjDVpACDIor_F_4zV3n38AIxTDGNUUww7V2iVYRZxksvFFu-7lPTmtkRptBIY9MMCv6oyY7tmvByGBF1gndtQ=s0-d-e1-ft

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; border-image: none;">
</tbody>
i-WYXzbcF_MNX50wsG07uDV9Fl-zCQ5jr4Bxl6DE1pqUzTZmDKZ29OaV3_QUFVI7G7m0yKBQxUK0ZDdWimC48cEunmLX_QF-=s0-d-e1-ft
Low mileage!This owner drove less than the industry average of 15,000 miles per year.
VWdYQEpUvScnBSBvKFUkmYov_XWzzzIzHX9KvgLyi5C5Ib-D_uWoWhaFia6qIpCy3p0jgpaThf13vjv90VUSUcvdQItsTRi0I0cB79s=s0-d-e1-ft
Date:Mileage:Source:Comments:
10/02/2003 Dealer Inventory
California
Vehicle sold
10/02/2003 47 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
San Jose, CA
Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Titled or registered as
personal vehicle
Loan or lien reported
07/12/2004 14,451 Tires Unlimited
Santa Clara, CA
408-244-4232
Tire(s) replaced
Tire(s) balanced
Alignment checked
09/29/2008 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Santa Rosa, CA
Title issued or updated
Loan or lien released
Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location
10/02/2009 54,925 California
Inspection Station
Santa Rosa, CA
Passed emissions inspection
12/12/2009 Damage Report Damage reported after
accident or other incident
07/14/2011 California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Santa Rosa, CA
Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location
09/17/2011 66,217 California
Inspection Station
Santa Clara, CA
08/26/2012 Damage Report Damage reported after
accident or other incident
Damage to left front
10/07/2013 88,732 California
Inspection Station
Union City, CA
12/12/2013 88,757 Acura of Fremont
Fremont, CA
510-431-2500
acuraoffremont.com
Maintenance inspection completed
Washed/detailed
09/12/2014 94,781 California Tire & Wheels - Santa Rosa
Santa Rosa, CA
707-526-0786

<tbody style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; border-image: none;">
</tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

I am an employee at the selling dealership, Chicago Fine Motors. We are always more than happy to send a carfax & disclose information to anyone who may call or email with inquiries. Please feel free to contact anyone here with any questions.

Thank you.

(708)-442-5800
[email protected]nsxemail2.jpg

I am an employee at the selling dealership, Chicago Fine Motors. We are always more than happy to send a carfax & disclose information to anyone who may call or email with inquiries. Please feel free to contact anyone here with any questions.

Thank you.

(708)-442-5800
[email protected]View attachment 122834

Then why not disclose it up front right in your ebay listing?

Sorry it is not supposed to be on ebay, our posting program automatically posted it. I did not write the eBay ad, it was simply a copy and paste of our regular ad.

- - - Updated - - -

Just edited the eBay ad to include accident history. Cannot get carfax to copy and past into it.

When that car was on manheim auction, it was listed as having an engine problem or something along those lines. What was that issue? Has it been taken care of?

Nice apology after the fact, oops we "forgot" to include it's been wrecked? ok, let me fix it.

meaning: we were hoping some idiot would pay us a bunch of money without looking at the history first

the real question is how did this dealership find this posting inless they were looking around the internet with the VIN tring to find something.

Opps is right..

for reference we track and watch all NSX's VIN's location and miles and carfax's on all NSX's from 1991-2005

- - - Updated - - -

we are the Borg.

Someone who called about the car told us it has this thread.

And there is no engine issues, nor did we buy it with any engine issue. The car was Guaranteed at the auction.

AND we require every customer to sign a copy of the Carfax and Autocheck before we sell the car, we have been doing this for 5+ years now. So we are not trying to "pull a fast one" on anyone.

The car is a nice NSX, priced appropriately for its mileage, history, and condition.

Last edited:
CFM1- I will weigh in here and try to explain. This group (as you might imagine) tracks quite a few cars. There is even a page for totaled cars. All of this is in the spirit of ensuring cars are represented fairly and accurately. I am not going to comment on any of your posts as I have not read any of them. I wanted you to understand with what you are dealing. Good luck with the sale.

here is the new " updated verbage " " (We did have the car fully inspected, ALL VIN TAGS match, only panel replaced was drivers left fender, leading us to believe it was just minor damage)"

that is true but if 2 accidents were reported on carfax then where was the other damage?

- - - Updated - - -

maybe we can contact the original ower and ask he/she what the damage was

here is the new " updated verbage " " (We did have the car fully inspected, ALL VIN TAGS match, only panel replaced was drivers left fender, leading us to believe it was just minor damage)"

that is true but if 2 accidents were reported on carfax then where was the other damage?

- - - Updated - - -

maybe we can contact the original ower and ask he/she what the damage was

Shawn - Interesting point. No doubt the OO is or was a Primer. Wouldn't that interesting to see a post with the original damage, police report, insurance settlement, etc.

Guys, what's all the fuzz about? Didn't you read that the car was "GUARANTEED at the AUCTION"?! LOL

i don't even understand what that means other than the auction guarantees that the car you are buying is a car.

Good luck using that guarantee if anything goes wrong.

I just looked at their "regular ad". Listed as 1-owner, clean title. Has a link to the car fax report, but you have to pay for it. Didn't he say he couldn't get carfax to copy and paste into the ebay ad? Well, they can't copy and paste it into their regular ad either.

But let's be real here, what did you expect of used car salesmen? They do have it priced reasonably. 2003 97,000 miles for $48,500

have you seen Rope's for sale ad? 1991 140,000 miles for $52,000?!? Now that guy has been smoking some good $hit!

Last edited:
Just an update - this went to the auction again and was sold. Be on the lookout for the next dealer.

I almost bought this car near my home in Santa Clara.The dealer had lots of stories but no maintenance history.She needed timing belt+water pump,90k mile service,radio replacement,passenger door speaker replaced/repaired,wheels,as the oem wheels were stolen in SF so it had ugly 19" f+r mht's that were in bad shape with the wrong size tires that scraped the front fenders+ were dented and curbed,passenger door wasn't closing right due to door panel being removed and not installed correctly with 2 door cards pulled off the panel causing interference,scratch all the way down the passenger side leading to a hit above the rear wheel,damage to the rear bumper on the driver's side.Even with all this i was still interested.She actually test drove fine except for the radio nearly blowing out my ears with a LOUD static!! They wanted $36k i said $30k cash right now due to damage and no maintenance history,no deal.He ended up taking it to auction in L.A and texted me a week later to brag that he got $38k,i responded that if he had fixed her he could of got more!!

Back