• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauge installation in the ash tray pod

Just finished my gauges. They are from depo racing which is pretty much a defi knock off brand. The reason I went with these is not so much the price, but for the white display by day and Amber display by night.
These are Japanese movement stepper motor gauges that have a full sweep and opening ceremony and come with all digital sensors needed except the narrowband afr gauge. They are slightly hard to see under full glare in the ashtray pod however the lcd display is very bright and super easy to read when driving hard. The only thing I wish is the bezel being black but my stock meters have billet rings so it does match, just not in the center console. The guage goes flat black when off. The sos ashtray mount is a high quality piece but you also loose your cabin air sensor with this modification but if your handy I suppose you can fit it in there somehow. Gauges are a bargain at 70$ a pop. Though I did have to return my fuel gauge as the needle was stuck from purchase but now working as normal without issue.

View attachment 122884View attachment 122885

What did you use for the mounting plate?
Hey Dennis,
This is the science of speed ash tray mount kit. It requires removal of your ash tray and not listed on the site, removal of your cabin air sensor/ fan assembly.

I saw that it was designed for 52mm gauges (?) so did you have to trim it to get it to fit? I prefer 60mm gauges rather than 52mm

I saw that it was designed for 52mm gauges (?) so did you have to trim it to get it to fit? I prefer 60mm gauges rather than 52mm
No trim needed for me as mine were 52mm. However there is some wiggle room left over. Also, the fit was not 100%. There was quite a gap left over at the bottom where in meets the console.Like 1/8". I filled it in with some black foam tape to prevent a large visible gap. But gauges fit like a glove. Reccessed just shy of 1/4".This mod looked far superior to the double A-pillar mount which I scrapped after buying. Overall I am happy with it. I almost scrapped this project too. But I realized there is nowhere else to mount gauges without a jdm navpod and I just never really liked those. It really looks odd to me in a curved nsx interior.

Here's some better quality pictures in direct sunlight. Notice the huge gap on the gauge plate on the lower section. I almost scrapped the idea over this. But I do like the gauges. The opening ceremony is cool too.
View attachment 122904View attachment 122905

Back