• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Suspension Installer Recommendation - Seattle Area

-m-

Contributing Member
All,

Any recommendations for an installer? Just picked up a set of KW V3's.

Would need corner balancing/alignment as well?

Thanks
Minh

Unless you are tracking the car, a corner balancing is a waste of time. If you feel confident with a few wrenches, I would try installing it yourself. The problem with adjustable coil overs being installed by someone other than the car owner in my opinion, is that you have countless height adjustment and damping adjustment. Especially with the KW. I installed mine last month and I must say they are ridiculously compliant for coil overs. I still have yet to get an alignment yet because I am still playing around with ride height. I would try to install it yourself, it is very therapeutic and you learn the gist of things.
Tools needed,
Jack stands, low profile jack, 12mm-19mm sockets, spring compressors, breaker bar for sockets, hands willing to get bloody, back willing to get strained, and lots of bottled water....
All tools available from Harbour freight for less than $100.00

Who did you end up using? Any recommendations/ insights into shops here? My 96 needs some attention.

Acura of lynnwood can install most (not all) aftermarket stuffs for your nsx. If you decide to use them, ask to have either Jon Lai or Kerry Prey to work on your car when making appointment. Unusual for a dealership to install aftermarket stuffs that's not Acura parts but they do.

Another option is Zahntech auto in Redmond. Google for their website. The owner, John Zahn is an nsx owner. Not sure if he still owns it or not, but whenever I take my car there, I always see one or two NSXs being serviced there. Their shop is mainly Volkswagen and BMW repair but your nsx should be in good hands there if you choose to go there.

I don't know which has the best prices. I would use either without hesitation depending on my/their schedules. Acura of lynnwood opens on Saturday. Zahntech does not.

Those are the only places in the Seattle area that I use. Don't know or not sure there are any other nsx experts in the area.

Last edited:
I had a friend install them. I'll probably get hem corner balanced at some point but it's good for now.

Are all of you going to the meet up on the 24th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you are tracking the car, a corner balancing is a waste of time. If you feel confident with a few wrenches, I would try installing it yourself. The problem with adjustable coil overs being installed by someone other than the car owner in my opinion, is that you have countless height adjustment and damping adjustment. Especially with the KW. I installed mine last month and I must say they are ridiculously compliant for coil overs. I still have yet to get an alignment yet because I am still playing around with ride height. I would try to install it yourself, it is very therapeutic and you learn the gist of things.
Tools needed,
Jack stands, low profile jack, 12mm-19mm sockets, spring compressors, breaker bar for sockets, hands willing to get bloody, back willing to get strained, and lots of bottled water....
All tools available from Harbour freight for less than $100.00

If you don't want to corner balance the next best thing is to get on a level surface. Like a drive on lift or something and measure jacking points. The jacking points for the front and rear should have a 1/8th-1/4th Max rack with the lower being toward the front.

I had my NSX-R coilovers installed at Group 2 Motorsports in Seattle. I was the first NSX they had ever worked on, so I loaned them my NSX service manual in case they needed it. Afterwards they did an alignment. No complaints.

As others have already said another good option is Lynnwood Acura. Tell them you want their lead tech Jon to do the job. A big plus is how they provide you with a new loaner car. Makes dropping your car off there super easy. None of the independent shops I've used provided this.

Another option is Main Street Autoworks in Monroe, WA. I've never used them but the owner of this shop told me they specialize in Honda/Acura and that he owns an NSX himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Are all of you going to the meet up on the 24th?

I'm planning to go.

Just a heads up, there's no longer a nsx meet on 24th. Check in Facebook as our majority members are on there and it's been easier staying contact. As far as corner balance, I also in the camp of that being waste of money as you tended to carry passenger from time to time. Stay tune, hope to see you guys in person soon.

Back