• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

2000 nsx 000023

I'm looking for some insight/help on this NSX. Basically seeing what you guys think it's worth. I found the previous FS thread(from 2011), but now a dealer has their hand on it and they're asking $69,995. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The car currently has 50K miles.

Here's the 3rd owner: http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/154639-2000-NSX-White-Tan-JH4NA2167YT000023

according to carfax, the car has had 6 owners. But i think that's dealers buying it from other dealers.

-Andrew

I think the prior sale was a good deal but probably about right at the time. Prices are higher now but not as high as that ask. I bought a '00 a bit less than a year ago with 39k miles and a host of Comptech parts including a supercharger and it was under $60k. What do you know about maintenance records since that sale? Are the records up to that sale still around?

The dealer doesn't have any of the previous records, but they said this car belonged to the owner for the last 4 months and had the dealer inspect everything over and everything checked out. I can tell it use to have full suspension as the plastic "grill" pieces under the hood were cut around the shock tower. Not really a big deal to me. I check everything over and all vin numbers match, all fluids looked good, where at the right levels. I test drove it, didn't feel or hear anything abnormal. They even offered to put it up on the lift for me and take the tires off if i wanted to look at the brakes or anything at all.

I was thinking of trying to get them around $55K... I feel that is closer to what it's worth with mileage/condition.

Last edited:
1/5 made that year in that color combo. I've seen GPW's fetch more on the market so there's a premium.

That car has been at that dealer for a little while (most likely because of the price). Asking $69,995 is ABSURD just because it is gpw. PortDawg, I agree with you on the $55K price. Hopefully you should be able to get it for that amount.

Wow almost $70k asking price for that car. That is definitely absurd. Having said that, if someone pay $70k for my 41k miles 2000 gpw full comptech car with sc, I would probably sell it, or not.

according to carfax, the car has had 6 owners. But i think that's dealers buying it from other dealers.

FWIW...Dealers don't typically show as owners on history reports since they don't title/register the vehicle. The 6 owners calculated would be those who titled the car in their name, registered the vehicle and paid applicable taxes.

From the dealer's website:
"With the engine mounted behind the seats, a cargo area of 5 cubic feet provides modest storage space in the front of the car.*

* We make every effort to present information that is accurate."

:rolleyes:

That car has been at that dealer for a little while (most likely because of the price). Asking $69,995 is ABSURD just because it is gpw. PortDawg, I agree with you on the $55K price. Hopefully you should be able to get it for that amount.

I agree it's a bit high. For that price, I'd rather get an '02+

This car is going to pop back up now. I think there might be a title issue previously but somehow it's clean now. I thought this was one salvaged at one point for vandalism/theft.

Can anyone with access to carfax, etc please run and post a report to try to confirm whether this car has a "history"?

Last edited:
Car was involved in a front/side impact with another vehicle early April 2016.
I'd stay far away at that price with accident history, and the fact that the car has somehow had 7 owners.

Last edited:
Car was involved in a front/side impact with another vehicle early April 2016.
I'd stay far away at that price with accident history, and the fact that the car has somehow had 7 owners.

But I think it had a salvage title too at one point prior to the recent accident

From the dealer's website:
"With the engine mounted behind the seats, a cargo area of 5 cubic feet provides modest storage space in the front of the car.*

* We make every effort to present information that is accurate."

:rolleyes:

Haha! That's awesome. :biggrin:

Back