• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Southern California Emissions Testing

-RSO 34 Approved this thread-

Hello fellow Primates. When it comes to Emissions testing in the US California definitely gets the short end of the stick. The Bureau of Automotive Repair has designated California the leader in emissions testing regulations as well emissions reducing laws. For good reason, the top 5 highest polluting cities in the US are all in California! A large part of which is caused by climate change and the amount of emissions emitting industrial manufactures and processing companies.

I own and operate a Star Certified Smog check station and have been doing working in the smog industry for over 6 years now. Our station is lower car friendly and over the years I have helped a numerous amount prime members both local and afar.

For example, bringing a car in from out of state isn't the easiest task. I've assisted others with out of state registration, questions regarding CARB compliance

If you have any questions relating to CA smog feel free to ask.

Where are you located?

If you could PM me your shop info, I will keep it as a reference for future smogs

I had to get my car smog, took it to Patrick's shop and his guy did the smog test. I passed with no issues, definitely would go back for the next smog test. Thanks for your help Patrick.

Just wanted to chime in on this thread to give some kudos to Patrick and his shop. I've had a myriad number of adventures with smog over the past several years and it's such a headache. Was still having issues with NOX even after applying just about every fix that's ever been mentioned. I took my car over to see Patrick today and even though it took me an hour each way in traffic, it was totally worth it. I have to say unequivocally that he's a nice guy and will do his best to help. It's definitely a plus that he's an NSX owner himself and knows the temperament of our cars, which I think makes a difference. Next year when I have to do this again (groan), I'll be giving him a visit for sure.

Last edited:
Just wanted to chime in on this thread to give some kudos to Patrick and his shop. I've had a myriad number of adventures with smog over the past several years and it's such a headache. Was still having issues with NOX even after applying just about every fix that's ever been mentioned. I took my car over to see Patrick today and even though it took me an hour each way in traffic, it was totally worth it. I have to say unequivocally that he's a nice guy and will do his best to help. It's definitely a plus that he's an NSX owner himself and knows the temperament of our cars, which I think makes a difference. Next year when I have to do this again (groan), I'll be giving him a visit for sure.

Thanks, Vince!

Hi
I have failed smog first time for the last 10 years. Have replaced O2 sensors, plugs couple times, cleaned, recalibrated injectors, new cats, etc. I'm in Santa Clarita but can go to you for test, but would help to know what I can do first to help pass.

Thanks
Bret

;1850030 said:
Where are you located?
Check out the reviews on Yelp. Five stars with 96 reviews.

The Smog Spot Star Certified

9614 Garvey Ave
South El Monte, CA 91733

Phone number (626) 575-7816

Mobile is (626) 673-4-zero-61

Last edited:
Another satisfied customer! Took my car into Patrick's today. The Smog Spot was clean, the dyno was set up for low cars, and Patrick is an outstanding guy. Owning an NSX himself, he and his crew know these cars inside and out. My car passed smog, and I will take it there whenever needed. I highly recommend his shop.
-- Roy

I needed a smog so I remebered meeting Patrick @ Diamond Bar Cars and Coffee meet one day. Great experience I had there both Patrick and Eric! Thank you guys!!!

Hi

Currently live in san Francisco and purchase a nsx from Oregon. it is register till 2017 and passed smog

the current mods are below.. can you contact me about this, I will drive down to get tested if needed and I will definitely tell everyone I know down south to go to you guys. thanks in advance

1995 Acura NSX-Targa

Engine:

internals are bone stock regular maintenance, New spark plugs and valve adjustment done last year w new valve cover gaskets.

Taitec JGTC parallel Exit Exhaust (new) Drops 30lbs from stock and sounds like F1 NSX

K&N Vortech intake system

need to register with smog star station. please help, thanks Jonathan

Check out the reviews on Yelp. Five stars with 96 reviews.

The Smog Spot Star Certified

9614 Garvey Ave
South El Monte, CA 91733

Phone number (626) 575-7816

Mobile is (626)673-406-ONE[/SIZE]

Last edited:
Back