• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car Cover?

I use an OEM cover, but if you're having trouble finding one, I would recommend the Science of Speed cover.

Congrats on the NSX!

Thanks for the tip. OEM sure sounded quick and easy. Discontinued of course. Try the dealership tomorrow maybe and see if they have any ideas how to get one. Did these cars come with a cover when bought new, or was it a separate purchase?

Thanks for the tip. OEM sure sounded quick and easy. Discontinued of course. Try the dealership tomorrow maybe and see if they have any ideas how to get one. Did these cars come with a cover when bought new, or was it a separate purchase?

CONGRATULATIONS on your acquisition. And for bringing another NSX into Michigan! They did not come with a cover.

If I was you I would watch the FS add listings for a month or three, and maybe post up a "parts wanted" entry. A car cover will pop up every now and then. OEM and the various aftermarket covers pop up. We have two covers that are our beauties, one OEM 2002- and -newer (blue logo) and one is a California Car Cover brand. The OEM cover lints like crazy (not yet been washed). Very satisfied with the Calif Car Cover Brand cover.

Then we have an older NSX OEM cover we use for travel/covering it in parking garages/bird dung paradises/out of view of the low information voters/UAW rank and file, etc.

Just stray thoughts for you.

the OEM cover is a nice indoor cover, but I wouldn't use it outdoors. It is a sturdy canvas exterior though which provides a decent bit of indoor protection. For the really nice indoor experience, I would personally go with the Science of Speed satin one: https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index.php/satin-stretch-custom-nsx-car-cover.html It has the glam, but I don't know if it is quite as protective as the canvas OEM one. Both seem to be about the same price though (roughly) from what I have seen. One of those SoS covers came up for sale locally and I still sort of kick myself for not nabbing it :(

For outdoor, I would consider something else though.

Thanks for the thoughts. To be honest I had not yet thought of the car being parked outside during a trip or event, but that's bound to happen. I am still a new enough owner that the thought of my car getting caught in the rain makes me grimace a bit. I might have to give up on the OEM idea and find something that would be good both inside and out. Thanks again...

Congratulations on your new car. If you decide to hunt OEM, know this.

Red Stitching 91-01
Blue Stitching 02-05

After ruined 2 oem covers for in/out door:frown:. Dali recommended this NSX fitted cover by Hrant who is on here often. Its light wt., can be used indoor/outdoor and it folds up small. The price is right as well.

http://www.khrantenterprises.com/carcovers.htm

Last edited:
Last edited:
another good thing about this cover is it does not retain dirt easily compare to OEM, folds up small for easy storage, easy to wash by hand and it does not weight a ton like OEM. I don't know what material it is but it dries quickly. Maybe Hrant can chime in.

http://www.khrantenterprises.com/carcovers.htm

Very pleased withthe SoS stretch satin cover for use indoors. Yellow color matches car and looks sexy.

Dam!!! I have like 3 of these cover I been collecting over the years, I know their discontinue but dam!!

Don't get too excited or revved up about this advertised price for NA1 cover. The seller is is on NSXPrime, and is perhaps looking for a big fish.

Hi Hrant,
could you please also provide me with a price quote.Im in guam and wonder if you would consider shipping via usps as the rates are better than Fedex or Ups.thank you,
Steve

Steve, happy to reply. For non-embroidered silhouette logo our price would $180 shipped to Guam. With the logo the price will be $200. This includes the 2 tap downs (front and rear), the cable and cable lock, antenna service kit, storage bag and limited lifetime warranty.

Back