• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Two days at Magny-Cours F1 track in France with Pirelli P Zero Corsa's

I definitely could give it a try.
Watching my video, I computed the lap times and they went from 2'39 to 2'36 and then 2'33 before the spin.
You are right, I was a little too confident when I spun...
A softer rear sway bar might have given me some warning???

Hello Frank

I have the Zanardi rear sway-bar as recommended by Billy.

I definitely could give it a try.
Watching my video, I computed the lap times and they went from 2'39 to 2'36 and then 2'33 before the spin.
You are right, I was a little too confident when I spun...
A softer rear sway bar might have given me some warning???
More rear grip. Still think a 25mm front bar wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Billy he is only running zanardi springs..with his track tires and track aspirations don't you think he needs more spring and better dampers?

His current P Zeros are street tires, but even the R888s would probably be fine with his current setup, but for as track-serious as he is, a good set of coilovers wouldn't be a bad idea.

I agree ...he really wants to go faster on track but he kinda overlooks his rather street oriented spring/damper combo.

I agree ...he really wants to go faster on track but he kinda overlooks his rather street oriented spring/damper combo.

You guys are right on!
I'd like te be faster but I believe I have too much roll with my current set-up.
The concern is that the car could be a pain to drive on normal roads if I run 10 to 12 k springs and a 25 mm sway bar?
On top, I'm not convinced the body is rigid enough to take stronger springs???
Here's a picture when I still had my Mugen body kit but with my full slick tires.

H0501_c446_zpsvotgardc.jpg

To be compared to this with me behind

H0501_c506_zpsagh80rp6.jpg

Last edited:
trust me I've been there,the improvement in lap times was palpable when i went from the zanardi koni setup to the type R...and I'm sure Billy could give you suggestions on a coilover setup depending on the tracks you frequent in Europe.

The NSXs chassis is quite stiff. Your roll has to do with the suspension & geometry, not chassis rigidity. The NSXs front roll center is REALLY low, which is why it needs a big front bar to keep the roll under control.

Coilovers won't necessarily help roll as much as a bigger front bar, but a quality set won't hurt your ride quality.

I use a:
1.25" (31.75mm) custom NASCAR style straight front bar
Oem rear bar
KW V3
Non-compliance and clamps
215 / 265 AD08R

Alignment is:
front 1mm total toe out
rear 3mm total toe in
Camber -2.0 / -2.2.

Street driving is fine when the settings are set on the soft end of the adjustment. Tighten up the shocks and they feel good at HPDE events. However, I am a intermediate driver.

Last edited:
I use a:
1.25" (31.75mm) custom NASCAR style straight front bar
Oem rear bar
KW V3
Non-compliance and clamps
215 / 265 AD08R

Alignment is:
front 1mm total toe out
rear 3mm total toe in
Camber -2.0 / -2.2.

Street driving is fine when the settings are set on the soft end of the adjustment. Tighten up the shocks and they feel good at HPDE events. However, I am a intermediate driver.

I was thinking about the KW V3 as they also have a "track" version I believe.
What about understeer, it must be quite severe or am I wrong?

The NSXs chassis is quite stiff. Your roll has to do with the suspension & geometry, not chassis rigidity.
I understand but I wonder to what extent the chassis starts to flex with a very stiff suspension.
That's where the full roll cage must help a lot?

The coupés have a very stiff chassis. I've never found any torsional rigidity numbers but having tracked NSXs with and without cages and with various stiff suspension setups, I would not be concerned atall even running 1200/1000lb springs and stiff bars with racing slicks on a stock chassis. NSX-Ts are a different story.

Back