• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BEWARE: In case this car ever resurfaces JH4NA216XXT000046

Unlikely with this mileage that someone would try to put it back together and sell it but you never know............

13794478_2_I.jpeg

13794478_1_I.jpeg

13794478_3_I.jpeg

13794478_4_I.jpeg

13794478_5_I.jpeg

13794478_6_I.jpeg

13794478_7_I.jpeg

13794478_8_I.jpeg

13794478_9_I.jpeg

13794478_10_I.jpeg

13794478_10_I.jpeg

JH4NA216XXT000046 As the title was cut off

Thats the most twisted i think I have ever seen an NSX. hope the driver was ok

Last edited:
Wow, Monte Carlo with black interior. Sad...

We should get a seperate section together organized with car vins and running history. Now that our cars are getting older there's likely more of these things that will be hidden from members and the public.

I have found that starting a thread with "BEWARE" and including the VIN in the title gets us prominent notice in google searches. I try to edit old threads to add the tag "BEWARE" when there has been an accident so it pops up on the first page of google.

For example, I just posted this thread and we are already number one in google.

Last edited:
:eek: wow!

One less blue NSX makes me blue! :eek:

Being a '97+ there's some inherent value in it, seems like a rebuild would have to be a labor-of-love and/or a different front-clip from a donor NSX. Then again, breached cabin with A-pillar and roof damage... no idea on the repair! Perhaps a reinforced track'rat to-be?!

Thanks for the PSA, RSO 34!

That had to be a massive hit. A Targa will flex in the middle in a severe crash and "taco" and that looks real bad. This will end up being a donor car. Way too much frame/compartment damage for this to come back. Ask me how I know.....

OUCH this hurts my eyes :( RIP MCB/onyx only 33 made from 97-99

and only 28 with manual transmission.

I'd like to know how many un-wrecked ones are left. Even when I was looking to buy one in 1999 and 2000 the first few I looked at had been wrecked and repaired to varying extents.

1997 # 17 or # 19 (I forget) was the one hit hard in the rear and had the rear cut off and a new one welded on by Honda in CA as an experiment in -T repair.

1997 # 20 the infamous "coupe" that was a -T from the factory... terrible repair job on what was probably a roll-over accident car.

1998 # 5 was hit hard in the rear a long time ago, later title washed. Automatic. Was floating around for sale last advertised with rebuilt title. Didn't look into it to see if they were just being honest about the original salvage title or if it has since had another accident.

1998 # 33 hard rear impact, sold as salvage, haven't seen it since.

Those are just the ones that were wrecked to salvage levels and have popped up in recent years that I happen to remember.. I'm sure there are plenty more with less severe damage, and several I haven't run across or am not recalling. I wish I'd kept my notes on the VINs I looked at when I was looking to buy mine.

Last edited:
no blood looks like a shadow

that's the thing about targa's there is nothing to stop the pancake effect. and where does that leave the driver?

bfebfd.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Coupe all the way the egg is safer for the driver.

ugh, hurts to see another MCB bite the dust :(.

the t-top in would help a bit, i'm sure. but still not as strong as a fixed roof.

1997 # 20 the infamous "coupe" that was a -T from the factory... terrible repair job on what was probably a roll-over accident car.

I want to know more about this car. Do you have any more info on it?

I just picked up the rear bulkhead pieces and arm rest from that car, I have a piece of history now. Didn't know that color combo was so rare.

no blood looks like a shadow

that's the thing about targa's there is nothing to stop the pancake effect. and where does that leave the driver?

attachment.php

- - - Updated - - -

Coupe all the way the egg is safer for the driver.

I beg to differ, it is the taco-effect with the lettuce getting lopped off the top if indeed you are caught between two semis.

Back