• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA2 Coupe Owners

Hi,

The wiki is missing euro model info, i can confirm that:

8th Digit trim level & restraint
4 = 1997-2001 NSX coupe with power steering (euro model)

It has got the fog lights, extra switches on center arm rest, and slightly different side markers and rear lights (got an anti fog rear light too).
[MENTION=30520]Zoom[/MENTION], Euro and USDM VINs are different... you can't compare both !!

Nuno

The digits are still in the same position, i also noticed the chassis type and 8th digit are indeed euro specific (and manufacturer code JH4 becomes JHM)... The "year" digit (X on mine) seems to be offset by 1 year between US and Euro models ? Anyway when i had my Prelude i also compared VINs and they were also differing in chassis type and trim level, otherwise they had the exact same structure.
And yes of course the serial number is specific to Europe, so these cannot be compared, for that i'm curious to see how many 1998 models there are since i have such a low serial number...

Searching for info on the 97 MCB Coupe.
By my calculations, if I've done the math correctly, the VIN should be JH4NA2167VT000020.

Nevermind. I've managed to answer my own question and I now know that this was the infamous imposter car.

I'm looking for THE 97 MCB Coupe.

Last edited:
As much as I dislike Monaco, I'd also buy the 1/1 in a heartbeat. I was lucky to see it in the flesh.

dlhq1Zz.jpg

Beautiful

I compared the list in the OP to the spreadsheet on the wiki. How come some of the cars on the wiki do not appear on this list? For example the two Black/Black 97s.

I compared the list in the OP to the spreadsheet on the wiki. How come some of the cars on the wiki do not appear on this list? For example the two Black/Black 97s.

I didn't see these on the Wiki, these are the only ones listed for 1997:

1997:
Formula Red/Tan manual coupe
Monte Carlo Blue/Black manual coupe

Not sure if this is an error, but according to the "Rare NSXs" page in the Wiki, there's only 1 NA2 coupe listed: 2000 Sebring silver / Onyx manual coupe. But scouring around Prime I see 2 other examples of a 2000 NA2 Coupe: 2000 Silverstone coupe (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Blk-NSX-quot-Coupe-quot-Vin-JH4NA213XYT000104), as well as the silver 2000 "Zanardi" coupe (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/95111-A-silver-Zanardi).

Also, I found info on another 2001 NFR Coupe, this one is manual. Owner claims to have purchased new and mentions it being a 6-speed so it is not the 01 Auto. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/2920-Just-bought-that-2001-Coupe

I'm confused.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is an error, but according to the "Rare NSXs" page in the Wiki, there's only 1 NA2 coupe listed: 2000 Sebring silver / Onyx manual coupe. But scouring around Prime I see 2 other examples of a 2000 NA2 Coupe: 2000 Silverstone coupe (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...Blk-NSX-quot-Coupe-quot-Vin-JH4NA213XYT000104), as well as the silver 2000 "Zanardi" coupe (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/95111-A-silver-Zanardi).

Also, I found info on another 2001 NFR Coupe, this one is manual. Owner claims to have purchased new and mentions it being a 6-speed so it is not the 01 Auto. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/2920-Just-bought-that-2001-Coupe

I'm confused.

there are 3 2000 S. Silver/Onyx maual coupes.
One was at NSXPO2015. It was exported to Canada 3 years ago. [h=2]JH4NA2130YT000127[/h]http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

Last edited:
any AUTO any year is a NA1

so there is no such thing as a NA2 Auto. no matter the year they are all 3.0L engine detuned to 220 HP

carry on

there are 3 2000 S. Silver/Onyx maual coupes.
One was at NSXPO2015. It was exported to Canada 3 years ago. [h=2]JH4NA2130YT000127[/h]http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

Yeah I saw that one, the "Rare NSX" wiki page only lists 1 2000 Silver coupe, and it is listed as "Sebring", so I think there's a typo there.

- - - Updated - - -

any AUTO any year is a NA1

so there is no such thing as a NA2 Auto. no matter the year they are all 3.0L engine detuned to 220 HP

carry on

You are correct, I removed any mention of automatics.

Yeah I saw that one, the "Rare NSX" wiki page only lists 1 2000 Silver coupe, and it is listed as "Sebring", so I think there's a typo there.

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct, I removed any mention of automatics.

Right, so that would bring the number of NA2 coupes in the US down to 19..... jeez....

actually 17 as two have been exported.

The combined knowledge on this board can be frightening at times!

Which two? (VIN, Color Combo, anything @ all?)

Also, I do remember reading that at least one of the 19 was rolled and one was put in to a wall on a track? Let me see if I can find the reference for these as well....

The Production Number Spread sheet and the Rare NSX wiki page seem to disagree on a couple of things:

1. Are there 2 1997 Berlina Blacks?
2. Are the 5 98-99 silver coupes S. Silver or Kaiser Silver?

The Production Number Spread sheet and the Rare NSX wiki page seem to disagree on a couple of things:

1. Are there 2 1997 Berlina Blacks?
2. Are the 5 98-99 silver coupes S. Silver or Kaiser Silver?

The 5 from 97-99 would be Kaiser just as the 3 that were made in 2000 would be Silverstone.

Last edited:
The combined knowledge on this board can be frightening at times!

Which two? (VIN, Color Combo, anything @ all?)

Also, I do remember reading that at least one of the 19 was rolled and one was put in to a wall on a track? Let me see if I can find the reference for these as well....
exported to Canada 3 years ago. JH4NA2130YT000127 this car is even more rare, as the roof is not BLACK but it was ordered with the body color for the roof as well.
I have no data on the other exported car.

Last edited:
As a follow-up to my earlier post, THIS post shows a Kiaser one was in a front end collision and someone knows of another Kaiser that has a CTSC and was rolled? Knew I read that somewhere. The roll seems unverified, so I don't want to pretend I have perfect information here, just stating that I read it somewhere else....

Im always upset when I look back to all the interesting NSX's that were available for sale when they werent very desirable. Should have stock piled. Still cant get over the fact my brother sold his 2002 Yellow/Black with 21k for 41.5k. Insane!

Im always upset when I look back to all the interesting NSX's that were available for sale when they werent very desirable. Should have stock piled. Still cant get over the fact my brother sold his 2002 Yellow/Black with 21k for 41.5k. Insane!

I feel the same way about air cooled 911's.

That may be lowest price Ive heard an 02 sell for. A totaled one at the auction brings 20-30k. At least you held on to yours!

I feel the same way about air cooled 911's.

That may be lowest price Ive heard an 02 sell for. A totaled one at the auction brings 20-30k. At least you held on to yours!

Even crazier is he paid $39k or so. Simply not a car person and the economy wasnt great. He even had on here for sale for months, no luck.

Even crazier is he paid $39k or so. Simply not a car person and the economy wasnt great. He even had on here for sale for months, no luck.

I hear ya The Kid, I sold my MINT 03 Imola with only about 32k miles for 47k. I still miss it from time to time that's why I'm still lurking here lol. Here is a pic of my gone but never forgotten Imola.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 300
I hear ya The Kid, I sold my MINT 03 Imola with only about 32k miles for 47k. I still miss it from time to time that's why I'm still lurking here lol. Here is a pic of my gone but never forgotten Imola.

Deng, I would have given you 67k a few months ago before I purchased mine [emoji22].

Where is she now? Is the new owner on Prime?

Deng, I would have given you 67k a few months ago before I purchased mine [emoji22].

I think it is somewhere in Colorado. Yes the new owner is a member here, but I couldn't remember his User name, and that was many moon ago...I'm just here today for reminiscing.

- - - Updated - - -

Just went back to my post and find out Erik B is the new owner/member here.

Back