• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA2 Coupe Owners

hey a blast from the past.....:)

I own a European Spec JHMNA2140WT000002 Sebring Silver/black onyx 1998 MT with 29500 Miles

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3466.jpg
    IMG_3466.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 912
  • IMG_3441.jpg
    IMG_3441.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 908
WOW! What a car...............Probably one of the coolest NSXs ever produced.

I guess I could post a WTB sebring silver NA2 coupe thread, but I'm guessing it won't get much action. :smile:

I own a European Spec JHMNA2140WT000002 Sebring Silver/black onyx 1998 MT with 29500 Miles

- - - Updated - - -

attachment.php
attachment.php

WOW! What a car...............Probably one of the coolest NSXs ever produced.

I guess I could post a WTB sebring silver NA2 coupe thread, but I'm guessing it won't get much action. :smile:

I agree! Sebring silver NA2 coupe, as rare as they can get.

WOW! No longer silver eh :eek:

It would appear that it is not.:smile:

Unrelated, I've seen mention of a silver NA2 coupe that was rolled over. Does anyone know the vin?

Here is a post about it:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...on-NA2-coupe?p=1204417&viewfull=1#post1204417

Based on that info I came up with this valid 2000 coupe vin: JH4NA213XYT000314
It seems like a high serial number for 2000 but it does show as a coupe with 0 records on autocheck and carfax.
[MENTION=9515]socalx[/MENTION] do you remember the story of the rolled silver one?

It's 10 minutes from my house, I'm going to check it out this weekend to see the condition. Although the listing specifies "all Type R" items, I think there are many replica parts (The Momo Tuner steering wheel for example). It's a very sad day though, I don't think there's anyone else out there as tedious as you so this car will probably never be revived. :/

It's 10 minutes from my house, I'm going to check it out this weekend to see the condition. Although the listing specifies "all Type R" items, I think there are many replica parts (The Momo Tuner steering wheel for example). It's a very sad day though, I don't think there's anyone else out there as tedious as you so this car will probably never be revived. :/

I agree with the NSX-R replica items.
I remembered seeing the seats here:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/121471-DF-Type-R-Seats?p=1310598&viewfull=1#post1310598

Didn't Downforce do most the work on that car?

Wow. Just found this thread. Thanks for the addition of mine, btw.

As a follow-up to my earlier post, THIS post shows a Kiaser one was in a front end collision and someone knows of another Kaiser that has a CTSC and was rolled? Knew I read that somewhere. The roll seems unverified, so I don't want to pretend I have perfect information here, just stating that I read it somewhere else....

I believe mine may have been the 1998 Kaiser that had the CTSC. Previous owner ("Double-J" in the Aliso Veijo, CA area) mentioned that it had been supercharged prior to his ownership, but the make of the S/C kit was not discussed. To my knowledge, the car has never been rolled, or seen any other damage. (All body panels and painted bolt heads are untouched.) However, the front bumper has been repainted once, and does not perfectly match, but is pretty darn close. (Maybe a 95% match.)

Hold onto your hats everyone... We've got a live one!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142272817070

The only 1999 Red Coupe (not a Zanardi) has surfaced.

BE CAREFUL. THAT IS AN NSX T. NOTICE THE VIN. DONT LET THE BLACK TOP FOOL YOU OR OTHETS

Interesting, I didn't check the VIN yet but it does have Coupe visors and not targa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I saw this pop up last night and emailed the seller asking if it had paintwork. I was told it got repainted in 2008, which is when it went to FL. That held me back. Otherwise, I probably would have pulled the trigger on the BIN.
Plus, I haven't been able to get any more pictures from the seller.

Looks to me like the only non zanardi red coupe for 99 or 1 of 4 non zanardi coupes for 99.

Carfax confirms based on the 8th digit of the vin:
Vehicle Information:
1999 ACURA NSX
VIN: JH4NA2136XT000034
COUPE
3.2L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
GASOLINE
REAR WHEEL DRIVE

Guys. I'm sorry. I thought the vin indicated it was a t not a coupe.

Since it is a coupe then this is way more interesting. I wonder the history
Thanks

One day we'll all be kicking ourselves for debating over whether a repainted NA2 Coupe is a good buy. :)

Not sure about this, regarding this specimen.

Looks rough, not properly looked after. Looks as if it has been in
more-than-short term storage. The seller's listing provides other clues.

Seller does not know NSX paint code NFR? And O K, I know what "parchment" is. Get it.
Vague details all around. With questions posed by fellow E-Bayers, too.

Pass. Would take a Chris CMC in Indiana to straighten it out :smile:

Not sure about this, regarding this specimen.

Looks rough, not properly looked after. Looks as if it has been in
more-than-short term storage. The seller's listing provides other clues.

Seller does not know NSX paint code NFR? And O K, I know what "parchment" is. Get it.
Vague details all around. With questions posed by fellow E-Bayers, too.

Pass. Would take a Chris CMC in Indiana to straighten it out :smile:

Thanks for the compliment and I agree with your assessment. When I saw this pop up there were only the 3 exterior pics and the BIN was $65k.
Based on the new pics I'm glad I didn't buy it and Led Zeppelin Whole Lotta Love is playing in my head every time I look at it. It's cool because it's a coupe, but it needs some love and the variation in a repaint would make me want to see it before purchasing.

Does anybody know what's up with the rear view mirror? Or the intake accordion hose with that big plug on it? Is it an indicaion of previous NOS or just the wrong part?

. . . Or the intake accordion hose with that big plug on it? Is it an indicaion of previous NOS or just the wrong part?

Looks like it is a legit part possibly from a later year (2003?) Based on the attached diagram (part number 5), it appears to be installed in the incorrect position (rotated 180 degrees). The plug is also in the diagram.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Back