• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Hugabuga visit.....Im praying anyway

Hey guys and gals, not sure how much attention this PacNW gets but I'll just start it off. So there's mention of him making some sort of big trip to do the window regulator fixes. Lets start off a list and location so that I can try to arrange when and where for good ole Huga.

I travel between Lynnwood/Seattle and Vancouver BC often so I will post this in the Vancouver forum also and come up with a middle point.

1) SarcasticaLy - Lynnwood/Vancouver, BC

Last edited:
I'd be in if I hadn't already had him come out to Philly when I moved back and had Mr. Hugo himself make my windows roll as good as new. You're in good hands if he comes over. Good man with top notch knowledge of our cars as expected from someone who owns so many.

I'm in Portland but would drive up if he actually came!

Hey guys! FINALLY HugaBuga has appeared. He says that PacNW will be the last stop on his tour. He will be here September 19/20. I asked him a few other questions to see what else we need/he needs. I.e. if we need to purchase the kit before he gets here, does he need a garage, how many he will be doing, etc. I'll return with answers as soon as I get em. Seems like Seattle would be a decent spot for everyone. Our Vancouver Primers are outnumbered so Seattle is looking like the spot but I'll confirm that later. Until then, anyone have a decent garage/driveway/shop/space for the meet? Thanks.

Thanks for working on this!

Hey guys, heres the latest. My questions and his answers are below. I told him that I will be ordering my kit before he comes and that I will tell you guys that its your prerogative to either order or wait for him. Im gonna have to try to narrow down a spot in Seattle area. No one's got any rich friends with big driveways??? I'll bring a few power tools for him and help take off the rest of everyone's door panels (assuming you guys trust me. If not, no biggie.) so he can get to everyone.

I will finalize a time and place with him and let you guys know.

1) Do you have any maximum amount of them to do or just whatever you can get done in the 2 days??
2) Do you require a garage?
3) Any other requirements?
4) Will we need to buy the kits ahead of time or will you bring them with you for purchase?
5) Anything else we need to know?

1- a maximum of 6-7 cars for full installs is all I can manage to do in one day, if doors cards are already removed ( partial installs) then I could manage twice that number.
2-3: a garage, parkway or even a garden is enough, I willhave all the tools with me basically to remove the regulators all is needed is s philips screwdriver and a 10mm socket. Power tools will make it faster.
4: i will be travelling with kits but last time a thief in Miami forced the trunk of my rental car and took all my tools and kits! I can also ran out of them as I am having much more parties scheduled than I expected and will end the tour in your region! So an ahead of time purchase would be safer but not necessary.
5- no, I will probably fly to Hawai right after that day

I have a stupid question. Can someone tell me what this fix/mod is all about? From seeing everyone's posts, it seems like this guy is a savior for all NSX power windows. My windows are working fine. Is there some reason I should have this done? Does everyone who is signing up to have this done have bad power windows? Why isn't an NSX power window fix just like any other Honda/Acura... go buy a new windows regulator and replace it?

Just a little confused... I'm sure I'm missing something here.

Last edited:
I have a stupid question. Can someone tell me what this fix/mod is all about? From seeing everyone's posts, it seems like this guy is a savior for all NSX power windows. My windows are working fine. Is there some reason I should have this done? Does everyone who is signing up to have this done have bad power windows? Why isn't an NSX power window fix just like any other Honda/Acura... go buy a new windows regulator and replace it?

Just a little confused... I'm sure I'm missing something here.

The regulator design itself on the NSX is flawed and will fail. Slowly at first. Here's a link to his thread; as you can see by how many pages it is; the community has embraced it. He resigned how the regulator pulley functions, correcting the original flaw and enhancing it with the reliability to last for the life of the car.

People have said it can be a little difficult installing the kits. Having the man himself do it for a relatively inexpensive correction is enticing.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/136481-Window-regulator-upgrade-kits

Last edited:
Hello,

Should I pick up a kit?

Thanks
Jeff

Hey guys, heres the latest. My questions and his answers are below. I told him that I will be ordering my kit before he comes and that I will tell you guys that its your prerogative to either order or wait for him. Im gonna have to try to narrow down a spot in Seattle area. No one's got any rich friends with big driveways??? I'll bring a few power tools for him and help take off the rest of everyone's door panels (assuming you guys trust me. If not, no biggie.) so he can get to everyone.

I will finalize a time and place with him and let you guys know.

1) Do you have any maximum amount of them to do or just whatever you can get done in the 2 days??
2) Do you require a garage?
3) Any other requirements?
4) Will we need to buy the kits ahead of time or will you bring them with you for purchase?
5) Anything else we need to know?

1- a maximum of 6-7 cars for full installs is all I can manage to do in one day, if doors cards are already removed ( partial installs) then I could manage twice that number.
2-3: a garage, parkway or even a garden is enough, I willhave all the tools with me basically to remove the regulators all is needed is s philips screwdriver and a 10mm socket. Power tools will make it faster.
4: i will be travelling with kits but last time a thief in Miami forced the trunk of my rental car and took all my tools and kits! I can also ran out of them as I am having much more parties scheduled than I expected and will end the tour in your region! So an ahead of time purchase would be safer but not necessary.
5- no, I will probably fly to Hawai right after that day

Checking in on the Hugo visit for this upgrade. The NoCal visit thread has about 12 people signed up. Looks like we have 8. With a date of September 19/20 from SarcasticaLy thread number 10.

I received a PM from Hugo and he is planning to visit the PNW.

Last edited:
First, thanks to SarcasticaLy for starting this. I am a new owner in Vancouver of a 1994 and would like this repair done but did not reply sooner because I was due out of town. Having moved my flight to Sunday the 20th I am hoping that the repair can be done on Saturday the 19th. Any location is fine with me and I will come down on Friday.

Thanks.

Mike

Back