• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Someone hit my car

Last I drove my car was Wednesday to work, I put it in the garage when I got home and hadn't touch it since due to the weather. I decided to wake up this morning to do a quick wipe down on the car before cars and coffee and discovered this.

image.jpg

My question is does anyone know how much this will cost to fix?

they can fix that but who do you trust to take the front bumper off and realign it.

I would take the fender off and take it to a shop.... have them fix the fender and bring it home and put it back on yourself.

to fix this at a normal body shop would prob be about 100-130 atleast that's what my body guys would charge me.
because they need to weld the aluminum near the side marker it it cut.

that sucks man to to figure out where you were and who hit your car, maybe local security videos etc. call police may report have insurance pay

Aren't you insured? Repairs stack up quite quickly on these cars. I'd call your insurance adjuster.

I am insured with a $250 deductable, ifnthe repair is only going to cost $150 then why notify insurance.

I am insured with a $250 deductable, ifnthe repair is only going to cost $150 then why notify insurance.
Your fender looks hammered. It can be repaired with bondo yes. But for a 100$ more why not get a brand new aluminum fender. Just my take bud.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you in a no fault state?

Thats probably the route that I will go, but again it depends on cost for that. There is no point if the fender and all is cheaper than my deductable.

if you can get a new one for 300 where are you getting parts from cuz I wanna know.

- - - Updated - - -

60210-SL0-A91ZZ PANEL, R. FR. FENDER (DOT)0012005NSX1495.88

<tbody>
</tbody>

- - - Updated - - -

you can get one off ebay for 500 but even it needs some body work

- - - Updated - - -

and bondo works great on cars that are NOT aluminum, they would need to WELD his fender

A 100$ more towards his deductible. I don't think I can find anything Oem anymore for under 300$ lol!

I haven't sourced one yet.

I think the color match along will cost you 200/300$ but prices vary throughout the land. I heard red and yellow were tough colors to match.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like your rim got some rash to it to. That's another thing you could fix on a claim. Or anything other blemish on the right side of the car.

i am worried about the color matching process.

Nukem, that's a crying ass shame. I can't imagine how I would have felt in your situation. Sons a bitches. There's a fender in the parts for sale section. If Honda is as good as we think they are, the color should match. Seller is asking $700 obo. The good thing about going this route (replace vs body shop) is that if it matches (and it should) you won't have to worry about tape lines and/or the body shop wanting to blend into adjacent panels.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/188609-OEM-passenger-front-fender

If this fender is original and without flaws, maybe $4-500 would take it.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Brett

Last edited:
Thanks Brett, I felt pretty bummed until I read about another owner that was hit by a drunk driver.

OUCH!!! Aside from the cut, it looks like they dented the fender as well? I see the fender the liner falling off a bit? If that is true, then I would definitely be considering grabbing that fender off prime. It would definitely cost more to repair and paint and spray adjacent panel to match. Hope it all works out!

Well they collision place already order a new fender and liner. It will take them about 3 days to do all the maintenance and paint.

That sucks...I'd be sofa king pissed !!!

I'd be looking to see if there is any video from the garage or someone with a tan car with some red paint on it...

But that's what insurance is for...use it, it's going to cost a lot more then $250 deductable and should fall under comprehensive so it shouldn't effect your rate.

Good luck!!

I've had two separate incidents affecting my fenders in a similar way. Glad you went with insurance; that is definitely the best route. I too insisted on replacing the fenders instead of having them repaired. The NSX didn't come with any bondo; it should not ever leave a shop with it IMHO.

lowball on a nice looking fender??? you gotta pay to play. Based on the price of an OEM fender from Honda I'd say $700 is cheap if it doesn't need repair or paint.
Listen to Shawn and Jose! I would get good parts...but they will cost you! Just plan on keeping the car.

Well getting a brand new fender. It will cost about $1300. Cost me $250 for my deductable. Hopefully they can match the paint. I read good reviews from them.

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you re the paint match. I bet they can pull it off.

Way to go on the new fender. That IS the way to go!

They matched the paint pretty well. I can't see a difference. There are no defects in the paint that I can see. They even painted the bolts red like they are suppose to be.

Sad thing is I was told I can't wash the car for 48 hrs (Sat. Afternoon) no wax for 60 days. Does that include spray wax? I want something over it.

Back