• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Curious why so many 02+ Silver cars for sale lately?

Like the title said, very curious. There's like 4 or 5 and I think 1 or 2 sold.

I am thinking its because it was pretty much the most common color. I do believe each year the Silver was the color they made the most of. only 02 yellow/black matched silver/silver for 35 units. other than that silver/onyx and Silver/silver was the most built/sold 02+ units

Thanks all, yes, make sense since they built more 02+ silver.

Easy to see why they made so many silver compared to other colors. By the turn of the century (seems odd to be saying that) black and red had fallen out of favor generally among car buyers and silver was getting hot. The NSX looks great in all silver livery. And it's easy to care for compared to, say, black.

I am thinking its because it was pretty much the most common color. I do believe each year the Silver was the color they made the most of. only 02 yellow/black matched silver/silver for 35 units. other than that silver/onyx and Silver/silver was the most built/sold 02+ units

exactly.

H6yJDJ.gif

So 36% of all the '02 production was silver.

Also interesting to me based on the chart above, that the '03's were the least number of units sold during the last 4 years. I would have guessed it would have been the '05's.

Last edited:
Before settling with my 05 red/tan I was eyeing silver. Two silver 05 deals fell apart and here I am. :/ Anybody have a silver / silver 05 for sale?

Also interesting to me based on the chart above, that the '03's were the least number of units sold during the last 4 years. I would have guessed it would have been the '05's.

Probably due to disappointment over the lack of significant upgrades in the 2002 model year. I believe the 2002 update was hyped a bit which is why the 2001 US sales are the lowest of all years.

Silver is actually not the most common color. Black is.

Silver is actually not the most common color. Black is.

Actually that's incorrect since we're talking only 02+. During 02 - 05, there were 283 silver made but only 142 black. If we were talking NSX in general, no doubt it's black and red hands down.

Frankie

being a silver owner of a 92' I can tell you it was a bit of a unicorn compared to the Red and then Black. If I recall it was around 8% in either that year or that first group of 1st Gen cars.

Yeah sorry I was looking at the wrong chart.

somehow, fastest selling nsx is always white although it is nothing special. silver seems least popular.

It's funny how unpopular colors (white for example, due to low production #s ), become popular after the car becomes discontinued.

Back