• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

July 12th Hugo [hugubuga] in North Jersey for window fix - forming group

All: Hugo will be in Long Island installing his famous fix for windows on Saturday July 11. That group is full [possibly one spot left] and he has agreed to come to my place the next day, July 12th, if I can form a group of perhaps 5 total. I live in Harrington Park, which is about 3 miles from the Palisades Parkway and about 3 miles from the GSP in North Jersey. Anyone in? I have garage incase of rain. I believe the price is 200 and we help move things along by removing door panels.

1) Silver2002

I am signed up for the one on Long Island, but I'd like to switch to this one if possible. Significantly more convenient for me and I'll take an early AM slot for this one and inform the other thread.

I asked Hugo to approved the content of my opening post @ 200 and he did. Looks like the NY group may get little a discount for completely
removing the door panels, I'll check on that.

The price is about 400 installed. 200 for the kit and 200 for install depending on whether the regulators are removed already or not. Let me know if you find out otherwise.
Thx

I setup the ny one. As per Hugo, there's no way he can do the full job on his own for say 5 to 7 cars. You need to assist him to remove the panels as he work on the regulator. For us in ny, we're all going to pitch in to make Hugo's job a lot quicker and easier. We have 7 so far and it take 2 hrs for a full job for Hugo, so there's no way he can finish all 7 on his own. I've never open my door panels but after reading some DIY, it didn't look that difficult. So I will give it a shot and I'm first in line so I'll need help. Good luck!

Thanks to Syndicate for illuminating an issue:

Here is note from Hugo:

Hi Charles
I just saw the link, there seems to have some confusion on pricing, the full install labor is 200$ but does not include the 200$ kit. That is 400$ in total per car for a complete job
If you remove the door cards yourself or bring me just the regulator then the installation would be 125$ instead of 200$ yes.
These are the same prices I charged 5 years ago to all the installs I ever done.
I won't be able to do more than 6-7 full installs in one day, but could probably do twice that number if the doors cards are removed by members
Thank you
Hugo

So let's see where we end up now-- looks like 400 for whole job and 325 if we hand over regulators.

I would like to sign up for this as well. 7/12 will work better for me and I might as well get both doors done. Taking off the panels is pretty easy base on youtube videos.

For those of us that are DIY'ers, could we just pick up the kits from Hugo while he's in town? (I helped someone do this on their car).
PS: getting the small panel out from behind the door handle can take 10 seconds or 1/2 hour, depending on the "tightness" of the individual panel. My car is an example of both removal times.

Last edited:
Looks like we have 6 signed up

1) Silver2002
2) Shinebox
3) Blacktop99
4) AcuraNSXPilot
5) KingKongNSX
6) White98sh

We may be close to, or full, according to Lambchop.

Should be a fun day! I will be taking the opportunity to remove the door plastic panels which are starting to bubble.

Hugo said yes..

For those of us that are DIY'ers, could we just pick up the kits from Hugo while he's in town? (I helped someone do this on their car).
PS: getting the small panel out from behind the door handle can take 10 seconds or 1/2 hour, depending on the "tightness" of the individual panel. My car is an example of both removal times.

Just to clarify ...... for the discount we are taking the doors apart to what extent ..... are we responsible for removing the regulator also ? I take it if we take the doors apart we are also putting the doors back together.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not check if this was mentioned here but here is a quick mod by Hugo which can be done really quick while you have your doors apart.

Auto Roll up drivers door window

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/166143-HugaBuga-s-Fast-and-Easy-DIY-auto-up-Window-Mod

Last edited:
Is there still room for one more? I have to reconfirm my plans, but I think I can make this date.

I would also need some help with removing the door panels if possible...

I'm sure we can fit you in..

I'm going to ask lambchop how he structures day - arrival times -- etc.

Is there still room for one more? I have to reconfirm my plans, but I think I can make this date.

I would also need some help with removing the door panels if possible...

Guys, there's 2 Hugo day. One is in Long Island NY on the 11th Saturday. Then there's the 12th which is NJ which I'm not the sponsor of. Silver2002, you were originally set in the NY one I think.

frankie

Are you going to both? Ours in NY and then the NJ one? I have you as sign up in the NY one, spot #7 . Let me know if I should remove you and give up the spot.

Frankie

This is coming up this weekend. Looking forward to it.

All: I am awaiting confirmation and arrival time from Hugo - the weather looks great.
Here is the latest list - let me know any changes - I am in zip 07640
will PM all when I know more.

1) Silver2002

2) Shinebox
3) Blacktop99
4) AcuraNSXPilot
5) KingKongNSX
6) White98sh
7) Dayta

Back