• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rising from the ashes - Valhalla

Mark sells seibon products. JC has two seibon wings now.

Not quite. Mark is producing his own wing and other carbon bits and they are closer to Downforce in quality. There is a marked difference between the two and there is already a thread on this.

Last edited:
Mark sells seibon products. JC has two seibon wings now.

Not quite. mark is producing his own wing and other carbon bits and they are closer to Downforce in quality. There is a marked difference between the two and there is already a thread on this.

:eek: No way!?? This is the first I hear of this. Maybe too much BSing on facebook and i missed the thread... I assume you will be selling off the seibon wing in this case :p

Gabe's car deserves SOS twin turbo and AEM Infinity 8. Have Shad or SOS tune it. ;)

Gabe's car deserves SOS twin turbo and AEM Infinity 8. Have Shad or SOS tune it. ;)
Hey Paul, welcome back. I still have my setup with new shinny parts. Debating with myself (don't know why, I always lose) whether to put them on the car or not.

So more parts have arrived.
* Pole2Flag ABS Delete
* SOS SS Brake Lines
* BC Racing Coil Overs in 10/8k Swift Springs
* SOS Oil Pan Baffle which I will get installed tomorrow.
* Replace and bleed brake fluid and adjust parking brake
* Install wheels and tires and eventually off to Westend for corner balancing and alignment

Need to remove/replace the CCU and have ordered a core unit exchange with SOS. Then on to the stereo system, injectors sent to RC to get cleaned and calibrated, fuel filter replacement, oil filter and new Mobil One, etc.....

So got the baffle welded in the oil pan and back to Ramon. He has installed the coil-overs.

Gabe had asked me to return his plate and CD that he had left in the car. That took 20 minutes to find the freaking CD. You have to hit a button on the top left of the receiver, the front face of the radio drops down, then you push the only button left looking at you and the CD pops out. And now the stereo sounds like it should with all drivers working inclusive of the door and sub speakers. Before all I got was the teeny little tweeters that were mounted on the dash. Those ugly little buggers are going to be removed ASAFP. I'm talking with Dave (Turbotogo)about his new design and will upgrade when he makes it available. Injectors sent off to RC Engineering to get cleaned and flowed. Back tomorrow with more parts and pieces.

Attachments

• BC Racing with Swift Springs.jpg
    BC Racing with Swift Springs.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

:smile: I know the thought of my car with twin turbos ahhh.....would've been nice!

- - - Updated - - -

So got the baffle welded in the oil pan and back to Ramon. He has installed the coil-overs.
View attachment 124351
Gabe had asked me to return his plate and CD that he had left in the car. That took 20 minutes to find the freaking CD. You have to hit a button on the top left of the receiver, the front face of the radio drops down, then you push the only button left looking at you and the CD pops out. And now the stereo sounds like it should with all drivers working inclusive of the door and sub speakers. Before all I got was the teeny little tweeters that were mounted on the dash. Those ugly little buggers are going to be removed ASAFP. I'm talking with Dave (Turbotogo)about his new design and will upgrade when he makes it available. Injectors sent off to RC Engineering to get cleaned and flowed. Back tomorrow with more parts and pieces.

JC,

I get what your saying now about finding the CD lol:biggrin: I didn't understand what you meant when you text me about that. You should've called me I would've have saved you about 19 min and 40 sec:tongue:

Glad you got the speakers working correctly! Can't wait to see the final outcome:wink:

this has to be an NSXPRIME record of loss of car and back in one before the dust hit the take off parts sitting in the garage LOL

good job keep up the passion don't let the passion die like mine is 2 NSX's stolen now

this has to be an NSXPRIME record of loss of car and back in one before the dust hit the take off parts sitting in the garage LOL

good job keep up the passion don't let the passion die like mine is 2 NSX's stolen now

Thanks Shawn. there are several reasons for getting back into one;
1) It is simply the best sports car made
2) The SoCal NSX group is awesome with drives and outings.. A fantastic group of enthusiasts
3) I missed that "look" when I was driving the car. People would see that car and just give you "that look"
4) Being on the committee to host NSXPO this fall, I couldn't just show up with no NSX
5) My wife said to go get another one as soon as I was healed up enough to drive one.

Two NSX's stolen from you?! What the hell, you need way better security man.

Picked up a pair of Recaro Pole Position sets with SOS sliders locally. Took them to Ramon's shop and all he could do was just laugh. I've got half of his shop taken up with my car and parts! Hopefully next week we will get the injectors back and the CCU. I can get the remainder of my pieces to him as well. I still have to get him the parts I have in storage;
* Mounting pivots for the Dali Trophy sway bar
* Adjustable end links all four corners
* Carbon 6 front non-compliance clamps
* Dali Brake Deflectors
* B-Pillars with cut outs for the Comptech Harness Bar
* TiDave short shifter
* Bluetooth and Guppy Antenna

Lots of stuff to do still. But we are on track and my schedule.

Anyone have a coin tray in good condition they would like to contribute?

Looks like the bbk kit it on there too.
All the socal guys and the fun you guys document makes me want to pack up the family and put the nsx back into a DAS truck and move to socal, my nsx's original home.

Come on out the weather is fine!

So got some more work done. Oil pan and oil back in the car with a new filter. Header and the HKS exhaust installed back in but I'm going to try and get my Taitec to fit back in there. Need to get some '91 to '97 adapters first. Anyone have a line on a pair? To finish this, the SOS '02 rear sport valence was installed.

I just can't go with those exhaust tips. Sorry Gabe.

Brakes were bled after the ABS delete was installed. Wheels bolted on and they look good. Almost '02 OEM'ish. New Seibon R type hood installed also

Here they are on the ground. Coilover height needs to be adjusted yet. The car is sitting too low in front.

Here they are on the ground with a side profile as to stance.

And now with the interior somewhat stripped. Waiting on me to find the rest of my parts so we can finish this up. SOS is rebuilding the CCU and we are installing Bluetooth to the existing radio and I'll reinstall the existing tweeters so they aren't so freakin' ugly and obvious. Still have to install the short shifter and a recessed USB charging area inside the center console.

Injectors are installed and AC is charged and working well. So is the telescoping steering. Still need to install my old steering wheel and the Pride NSX-R wing just arrived. Going to be another busy week. Hope we can finish it by next Friday night. It will all depend if I can get Ramon the parts.

Attachments

• On the rack.jpg
    On the rack.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 2
  • Rear Quarter.jpg
    Rear Quarter.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Stance.jpg
    Stance.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 02 Rear Valence.jpg
    02 Rear Valence.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Build is going amazingly JC! I can't believe how fast it is all coming together. You're a lucky guy.

Luck has nothing to do with it. I've never been "lucky', hell if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't' have any. Just lots of hard work and money.

So I did some research on the Bluetooth thing. Found out the adapter that Alpine makes is no longer made or available, and for the price of one of those, I could just buy another one. So I did. So I got an Alpine CDE-164BT that has streaming Bluetooth already there. And I can make the color display match the OEM lighting. And while I was in the store I asked "do you have any small tweeters for a car". The tech pulled these out, these tweeters are the size of a quarter so that I can mount them in the front door triangle, unobtrusively. Won't get the CCU back from SOS for a couple more weeks so we are just going to install the stereo/BT and tweeters and button her up. Have got to wire up the USB charger in the center console but I can pre-wire that before we install the center console. The rest of the suspension pieces will be here by Wednesday so we can hopefully get the car out of Niguel Motors by next Friday night.

Oh, the Pride wing is on and I had Ramon install the blinking 3rd brake light. Fitment is spot on. A very nice wing.

Last edited:
Hey JC, who's harness bar is that? I kind of dig the red against the black.

The car is giving me goosebumps! That is a lot of performance goodies that I am super excited to see!

Last edited:
It's a Comptech bar and the seats feel awesome. Next week we get the CCU board back so that we can button up the center console. TiDave short shifter and a Scorp heaver insulated shifter ball is going to feel nice. Double USB port installed into the center glove box, Hood Pins and a couple of little things and I'll be back on the road again. Will set an appointment with Darren for the alignment and then have an appointment for the wrap.

Also reworking the cold side piping for the turbo install. Going Infinity. Yeah, I know........

Just got the car back. Wow. Stiff as, stiff as, aw hell, I'll just let you add your favorite reference. What a diffeence between Targas and Coupes. My God. Slowly bedding in the brakes, and it certainly needs a bath. Pics to follow soon. But an amazing transformation. Set for corner balance, ride height adjustment and alignment with Daren on Monday. Off to wrap on Tuesday. the seats, brakes and suspension is amazing.

Welcome to the wonderful world of having a stiff...chassis. Don't tell LMR you can feel the difference, he's a non believer of that theory.
Can't wait for pics my friend hope to see you out on a drive soon

Welcome to the wonderful world of having a stiff...chassis. Don't tell LMR you can feel the difference, he's a non believer of that theory.
Can't wait for pics my friend hope to see you out on a drive soon

Thanks, the difference is quite startling. If there was a contest for dirtiest NSX or barn find NSX, I would win a ribbon. She is filthy. But my does it run strong. Happy NSX Friday Prime nation.

So got the alignment yesterday and Chris is meticulous. Sat in the car for about 2 hours. Set up is perfect. Drove out to see Joey at Endless Auto Salon and chose a wrap color. He said the car would be stripped and some panels applied today. I really can't wait. So excited.

Very cool to see you back at in. These little Honda cars from Japan instill so much passion in all of us here it is hard to figure out just why. Well, maybe not so hard after driving late model cars. It is an enthusiasts car, you cannot understand it until you drive it. I wish you best of luck with your new enthusiast car.:wink:

Little teaser shot. So excited.

Attachments

• Hood.JPG
    Hood.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Jesus Christ JC- you dont mess around!!! Neither does Ramon!! Last I saw your car it was still awaiting parts but that was only a couple weeks ago. Sorry if I missed it, but were you able to get your turbo back from your previous NSX?

No I don't. Here are some other pictures of what has been completed today. I'm totally stoked;
And some more pics;

Attachments

• front fenders.JPG
    front fenders.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 2
  • door sills.JPG
    door sills.JPG
    190.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Trunk lid.JPG
    Trunk lid.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Passenger Side Hood Detail.jpg