• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rising from the ashes - Valhalla

Joey sent me some more photos of progress made yesterday. I may get her back this weekend. What do you think?

Attachments

• Driver Side Trunk Fender Detail.jpg
    Driver Side Trunk Fender Detail.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Drivers Side hood Close in.jpg
    Drivers Side hood Close in.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 2
  • Hood Detail.jpg
    Hood Detail.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Interior Hood Seam.jpg
    Interior Hood Seam.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Passenger Fender Detail.jpg
    Passenger Fender Detail.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Holy hell that dude doesnt mess around!! Looks like a fresh paint job! Thank goodness your car is black to begin with. Engine bay will look sick.

Wow JC, I did not know that you were going to trick you new car out! I'll have to start my own thread describing all of the mods I have or will be making soon!

Congratulations on you new car and your build!

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I had an idea of what I wanted to do and a good base car to do it with. Just got off the phone with Joey and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. It's almost finished. I feel like a kid on Xmas Eve.

Thanks guys. I had an idea of what I wanted to do and a good base car to do it with. Just got off the phone with Joey and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. It's almost finished. I feel like a kid on Xmas Eve.
It feels like just yesterday when your last car was totaled. What did the insurance give you for it?

I had it insured for a declared value. When it was said and done, the insurance company gave me an additional 5% because the value of the car had increased. Safe to say that I made out OK. Not a killing but i didn't take a hit either. Very good company to deal with if you are looking for collector car insurance. The company is American Collector. I'd insure with them again in a minute.

It may seem like a quick turn around for you guys but it feels like an eternity on this side of the keyboard. Really hoping I get the car back tomorrow. Can't wait.

I had it insured for a declared value. When it was said and done, the insurance company gave me an additional 5% because the value of the car had increased. Safe to say that I made out OK. Not a killing but i didn't take a hit either. Very good company to deal with if you are looking for collector car insurance. The company is American Collector. I'd insure with them again in a minute.

It may seem like a quick turn around for you guys but it feels like an eternity on this side of the keyboard. Really hoping I get the car back tomorrow. Can't wait.
Oh no doubt man I am sure. I may need to look into collectors insurance. However my car is a salvaged title so I am unsure if it would really be worth it. Probably worth a quick check though, thanks for the info.

Layla was a previous salvage too and I had no problem insuring her for face value with Hagerty or American Collectors.

Layla was a previous salvage too and I had no problem insuring her for face value with Hagerty or American Collectors.

Awesome. Thanks.

Got the call last night. The car is finished. I'll post up the last photos, later this morning. Going to pick her up this afternoon. Can't wait.

As Les would say, unless he sees it, it didn't happen. Well here it is put away for the evening.

My God it looks good. Way more to follow.

Attachments

• Finished at last.jpg
    Finished at last.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Looks great !!! Joey sent me a video of you picking her up... He does outstanding work!!!
I'll try to post it for you.,, congrats!!!

Thanks Mark, it definitely looks better in person than all of those photos. Amazing transformation. Please post the video as I can't access it at work.

The car looks great. One question, how close is the yellow wrap to the Spa Yellow Pearl color?

Until I can get it next to Mario's car, i won't know for sure. But I picked the wrap that was the closest. It doesn't have the pearl, which is what I wanted but Joey talked me out of it. The process to create that wrap is multi layered and the possibility of creating bubbles between the layers is why he steered me away. It does look real good though. I'm happy even it it isn't pearl.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks great !!! Joey sent me a video of you picking her up... He does outstanding work!!!
I'll try to post it for you.,, congrats!!!

You going to post up that clip?

Last edited:
Until I can get it next to Mario's car, i won't know for sure. But I picked the wrap that was the closest. It doesn't have the pearl, which is what I wanted but Joey talked me out of it. The process to create that wrap is multi layered and the possibility of creating bubbles between the layers is why he steered me away. It does look real good though. I'm happy even it it isn't pearl.

- - - Updated - - -

You going to post up that clip?

been trying, but youtube is having issues with it...still says pending??? Prolly too hot for youtube:tongue:

awesome:cool:

attachment.php

So some observations now that I have had the car for a week;

* It looks as though it originated in New Jersey as it has a Somerset Acura sticker in the engine bay.
* It spent some time in Georgia. Joey found a car meet brochure inside the passenger door card (must have slipped down through the window) and it goes back to the mid 90's. Kind of neat.
* The car had some body damage. Ramon caught this as soon as we threw the car up on a lift. Noticed the drivers side front suspension did not have the original bolts. The front driver's side floor pan had also been pushed in a little. We noticed some bondo in the driver side rear quarter. Joey also found evidence of a respray and new clear coat in the drivers side door jam. This was not in the CarFax report. After corner balancing all of the fenders and body lines matched perfectly.
* The Alpine stereo is smarter than my Galaxy 5S which is way smarter than me. 62 page owners manual. I can barely turn the thing on.
* The car turns heads. I can't go anywhere without people giving me the thumbs up.
* Pretty remarkable gas mileage. I've driven it most of the week and I still have over half a tank.
* What do you do with all the extra belt webbing after you have tied in the 5-point belts? I have lots left over and I don't think too many large people are going to fit into those Recaros.
* This car is stiff and light. 2800 pounds measured at Westend Alignment with the corner balance and half a tank of gas. Way stiffer than the old/newer Targa I had. Les won't believe me but it's true.
* The brakes are flat out outstanding. I wanted the stopping power of my ex-wife and these measure up. Stand on that pedal and get prepared to have your eyeballs leave your face. Wow.
* The Taitec GTLW is pure joy to listen to. Just music to the ear.
* The five speed isn't bad, it's just that the ratios are so far apart. I now understand when Shawn in Tampa wrote that the very first mod he would do on a NA1 would be to switch to the six-speed tranny. But it engages nice, The throw out bearing is going so there is a funny feel in the pedal but the clutch still holds and engages well. No rush to replace yet. I can also see where the lower JDM gear set and final drive are so appealing. But this will be a street car too so driving down the freeway at 4k rpm would not be pleasurable.
* Most obvious is the lack of grunt. I had the original RC OEM injectors cleaned and bench-flowed by RC and then replaced the existing ProSpeed RDX injector setup. I really can't tell the difference between the two. But there is a big difference between Layla and this car. I might have to do something in the near future........

In all, I'm very happy with what I have had built. It looks amazing, starts, stops, turns with serious authority and I can take it to the track and beat on it. I dare say with a little fine tuning I will be ready for NSXPO.

I want to thank all who have made my conception, reality. In no particular order;

* Gabe - for selling me his car. It's in good hands.
* Niguel Motors - Ramon for being such a good friend and an even better NSX guru
* SOS - To Wade and Chris, I'm sure I made a mortgage payment or two for you guys!
* Tom Ford - Nice wheels don't you think?
* Tire Rack - If you want Dunlop Star Specs, this is where you go. What a sticky tire.
* Westend Alignment - This is THE place to go to get an NSX alignment in SoCal.
* Pride - dealing with Mark is a business pleasure and the product is sure to please.
* Jonathon - The Ti-Dave non compliance rear beam and toe links are amazing. You will feel the difference. Thanks for the nice install.
* I was able to pick up the BBK and order the BCR coil-overs with 10/8 Swift springs from 4tw.garage. A wonderful person to deal with by the name of Kev. Great pricing and even had BC Racing recalibrate the dampers for the spring setup. Turn around was very quick. He also has access at custom wheels for those of you planning to go widebody. Thank you.
* Joey and the crew at Endless Auto Salon. The wrap is better in person. You can not tell it's not paint and he is artistic when it comes to making seamless panels. I can't wait to clean her up for the first time so that I can really admire his work.
* SoCal NSX Nation - so many people to thank, Regan, Tony, Peter, Les, Tom,T, Alan, Matt, Michael, Robert...... If I didn't mention your name, I apologize, I'm getting old and there was a lot that went into this. Be happy knowing I appreciated what you had contributed.
* Lastly to my devoted wife. When I crushed Layla, you were there to heal me. You healed me mentally when you told me to go get another NSX. You supported me thru the build, move, purchase and another move, and you support me still. I love my wife.

There will be some picture to follow when Joey sends me his, and also some video of the wrap process. Thanks for following. And now for a drive....

Last edited:
Cant wait to see her in person JC!!! Ramon and your build crew did an excellent job and putting this beauty together, and in record time too!! I love it.

Thanks. I'll be at Ramon's this afternoon to get the final couple of things sorted out. Hope to hook up with Les there and I'll shoot a couple of quick shots and post them up.

Looks great. May I ask you personally for many here who have wrapped a car, how does it look when the trunk, hood, doors, or engine hatch pops? I'm looking to wrap in the future and I never see the nitty gritty. I only see the flat exterior parts wrapped up all perfect. I'm curious to see what lays underneath with a wrap job. Thanks, AJ.

Back