• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rising from the ashes - Valhalla

Yep, getting back in the saddle. Picking up a new NSX Monday in Denver and driving her back. Been thinking about what I would like to do with this build so I have had some time to acquire some pieces. Pics to follow. Really excited to get back in the cockpit. It's been too long.

Last edited:
Congrats JC, super excited for you, this time it'll be 2x the fun as first since it'll be 2x as long as when you drove your first Nsx from Shad's place. Enjoy!!!

Yes it will be twice as fun, Always wanted to see Utah. Oh, some more parts arrived.....

Last edited:
Excellent news JC! I have some parts of your waiting to go on come this Wednesday. See you soon!

I will be in Ramon's shop on Tuesday afternoon. Looking forward to your craftsmanship.

- - - Updated - - -

awesome to see you are back in it!

Who's white nsx?

That's Ramon's car.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! What color?

For now Berlina Black........

- - - Updated - - -

Right on! Welcome back ;)

Thank you. It was a very difficult couple of months. just ask my wife!

Congrats JC. Glad you're back in the saddle.. Glad you picked the best color ;)

Flew to Denver and Gabe picked me up in the car. He offered for me to drive but it was better that he got his last chance behind the wheel. Drove to the nearest gas station where his family was waiting for him to deturn. Beautiful wife and kids. Lucky man. We went thru the car, bits, pieces and paperwork. On the road by 11am. Waved to each other at the I70 split and rolled to Richfield Utah. Funny story to tell in my next post.

^^^Ahhh.....JC, the wave goodbye on the highway was kind of hard but knew it was in good hands.

I was nice to meet you, thanks for kind words. I will miss my car, but will be back in an NSX in the not to distant future, that I know for sure:biggrin:. I'm glad it went to a well established Prime member and can sleep at night knowing it will be well taken care of during the transformation.

Good luck with whatever you do to it, I'm sure it will come out looking and running better than ever (thanks to twin turbos:wink:).

Gabe

I'm home. Dropped the car with Ramon and will go back tomorrow with a truck load of bits to replace and improve.

Funny story. I'm at a gas station/convenience store in Grand Junction, Colorado. Gas the car up, grab some beef jerky and return to the car.

Two older gentlemen are standing by the car and as I approach they ask "Is this yours, is this is really an Acura?"

I answer that it is and that this model is an NSX.

They asked me How long have you had it?"

I answer "About four hours, I just picked it up in Denver".

And then one of them asks "Is it new?

I get this little wicked grin going and I answer them with "No, it's a 91" I swear to God , the look on their faces as one of the mumbles lowly;

"It's 24 years old?!"

Priceless.

Last edited:
Nice!!! Congrats!!! Hope to see you for the cars and coffee/Palomar run June 13th:biggrin:

Gabe - I knew that was going to be a bad moment. Glad to hear that you are not turning your back on us. We will look forward to your return.

SoCalers - Yeah it feels good to be back in the bosom of the NSX life style. Ramon is already tearing the car apart in anticipation of shiny new bits and pieces. Don't know if I will make the Palomar run and I will definitely not be ready for the Big Bear run this next weekend. But very soon I will make an appearance. My target is the end of June, fingers crossed

Last edited:
So what are your plans with her?
That is a great question. I plan on having the stopping power of my ex-wife, the handling of an NSX-R and I'm still debating the power. And she she will look amazing. Pics to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

I am coming down first thing tomorrow to Ramon's
I'll get there as early as I can with the front N/C clamps. Thanks.

Last edited:
So got some more parts acquired. here is the sway bar, harness bar and belts.

Ramon got the brakes on the car. He even turned all four rotors, even though they were brand new just to make sure they were true. SOS is sending new brake lines and Tim is sending me the ABS delete kit. Wheels have been dropped at the tire store waiting on the delivery from Tire Rack tomorrow. Dunlop Star Spec at 215/40/17 and 265/35/18 on Volk Racing Daytonas. I'll pick up the wheels on Friday.

That's Jonathon's big head in the last picture. He was installing the TiDave's non compliance rear bushings and heavy duty end links. These things are so pretty, hard to believe you will barely see them. They are a machined work of art. Great service and pricing and no removal of the rear beam. He makes it look easy.

So that is it for now. Friday will be a good day as the BC Racing coil overs with the Swift Springs will arrive. The first of the two (2) rear wings will arrive as will the ABS delete kit and brake lines.

Two wings you ask? The first one I ordered was a Seibon and was delayed three times so I told the company to kill my order. I ordered one from Mark at Pride and then I get an email saying the Seibon wing has already shipped. I'll be selling one of them along with a lot of other stuff.

Found out the AC compressor has bought the farm so that will need to be replaced. We are making some good progress.

Attachments

• Harness Bar Install.jpg
    Harness Bar Install.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 5
  • TiDave Non Compliance.jpg
    TiDave Non Compliance.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Front Brakes.jpg
    Front Brakes.jpg
    244.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Would you mind making a few notes of any noticeable differences between the pride and seibon wings? I'm curious how they compare...

Mark sells seibon products. JC has two seibon wings now.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about that but there were there before. Pam got us registered, we were the very first ones!

Man... First NSXPO website has all kinds of glitches now those are being fixed, meanwhile the glitch bug is trickling onto nsxprime... oh boy lol...

Back