• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NA2 Exhaust on NA1

This subject seems to be a tired one, but the info on the numerous threads I've read leaves me confused.

I'm going to install an "NA2" exhaust set on my 91'. Pictures below. I'm still looking for a set of cats to fit.
Judging from an old diagram, I have a 97+ muffler. I'm told that the manifolds are 02+.

Anyone know what year cats match this set? It seems there have been 3 versions of the NSX exhaust layout, so I just haven't been able to find a clear answer on prime.

Thanks!

Mike B

None, you'll need custom cats. There is a slight difference between 97+ exhausts and 02+ (rear bank flange is a bit further, front bank flange becomes tilted vs straight). There is also a difference between 97+ and 02+ headers (length, from what i know). I learned the hard way.

You have a couple of options. You can get a good muffler shop to fab up some adapters to go between your 02+ headers and your old cats connected to the 97 muffler. Or you can get 02+ cats and an 02+ muffler. I don't have to tell you which option would be less expensive. Too bad you are in CA, or you might get away with a pair of custom test pipes between the headers and muffler.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I talked with Brian at Prospeed, and may run a pair of his cats. I'll post up the result.

Mike B

This was my first exhaust setup that I did as well.

I had '05 exhaust manifolds and a '00 muffler. Since I'm not in California I ran a set of '00+ test pipes I got through Dali.

I believe the NA2 manifold difference occurred in '00.

'97-'99 = NA2 v1 manifolds
'00-'05 = NA2 v2 manifolds

'97-'99 = NA2 v1 muffler (matches NA2 v1 manifolds with thin single-wall tips)
'00-'01 = NA2 v1.5 muffler (matches NA2 v2 manifolds with thin single-wall tips)
'02-'05 = NA2 v2 muffler (matches NA2 v2 manifolds with double-walled tips)

If my memory serves me.

Last edited:
Back