• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Interview with Honda R&D, Americas Inc., Senior Designer Michael Cao

Please click the link below to read my heavily edited by Honda Media Relations version of the Q&A session I had with Michael. I want to thank Michael tremendously for even making himself available for the Q&A. We both went into it understanding that he still needed to get clearance from Honda before I was even allowed to publish anything online. The fact that I am essentially a "nobody" weighed heavily against me being able to retain many of the Q&A from the original interview. By the way, even the great Ted Klaus gave the "thumbs up" on the Q&A, but Honda Media Relations understandably had the final say.

https://jhaepfenning.wordpress.com/2015/05/22/my-interview-with-honda-rd-americas-inc-senior-engineer-michael-cao/ :cool:

And here are most of the questions (which had great answers by the way) which were either heavily modified or completely removed by Honda before I was allowed to post my Q&A online. :mad:

1. Speaking of the next generation NSX, how did you end up on the project and what projects at Honda have you worked with in the past?

2. What did you find most challenging in your personal responsibility to the development of the new NSX?

3. Would you say for the most part that you overcame those challenges and if so, how were you able to do so?

4. Although the new NSX is set to officially launch soon, are you still going to be an active participant in the design and refinement process? If not, do you know what’s next for you at Honda?

5. Reception of the new NSX seems to be split down the middle for existing NSX owners, yet well received by current non NSX owners as well as prospective new buyers. From a design team and inside access perspective, what message if any would you like to tell the skeptics?

Nice interview...thanks for sharing.

p.s. "interior development of an all-new future model" ...can you give us a hint...is it a coupe?:smile:

Nice work Jhae. Thanks for posting.

Interesting about the new model... new S2000 perhaps? Ready to upgrade my AP2 if it's good. :)

Back