• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Does anyone have the SOS Enduralite exhaust?

It look like my Cantrell enduralite exhaust. If its the same thing then I will tell you now, it drone quite a bit at 2500rpm.. I just had pride resonated tp installed and it made the noise level more low in sound. Not as high pitch. The drone is still there but softer instead of high pitch drone. Kind of like adding more bass to the sound, where before it was like treble..

https://youtu.be/2pR4m_-Y228

The only different is now i run pride rtp. Before was stmpo tp...
Watch for the drone starting around 45 second on..u can clearly hear the drone at 2500rpm..

Last edited:
It's seems same as the taitec GTLW and the pride knockoff

- - - Updated - - -

It sounds good. It drines big time without cats. It's ok with cats.

I have the endurance lite exhaust and I think it sounds great when my brother drives the NSX and I follow behind in my civic. It's loud enough to get people attention(although I prefer not) but it does drone. When I am driving the NSX, I barely hear the exhaust as the whine from the ctsc and possibly intake noise overcome the sound of the exhaust from inside the cabin. Sorry no sound clips.

It's seems same as the taitec GTLW and the pride knockoff.

It is.

Last edited:
Let me help you out then. What is your budget and what do you care more about? Sound or performance?

- - - Updated - - -

And also will you keep cats or run test pipes and do you have a header or not and if so what is it.

- - - Updated - - -

The dollar is strong there are some great options for you to directly import one from Japan.

I like mine minus the drone. I like how aggressive it sounds. Mine seem to drone less with tp then when i had cats on. Dont know why but it did. If weather permit, i will try to get some vid for u this weekend.

No cats and I'm boosted 9 lbs so FI friendly

You really need a large diameter free flowing exhaust. I think most NA exhausts are too narrow for your application. Do you care how loud it is? I am at only 6 PSI and I gained some healthy horsepower going from the GT1 version 5 pretzel to the ARC. You need to keep it free flowing. This thing sounds insane and is super light, is the ultimate free flow. Just loud. It will really make a race car out of your car. And give you the most power.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/146855-TaiTec-GT-009-exhaust

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gh_IpFtu_eE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
I also have the GT-ONE v5.1 I love the sound, but since the cans are blown out, it flows great! The bad: the resonators rattle at cold starts. I'd love to buy the SOS R-Spec exhaust, but I haven't heard any clips that have made want to pull the trigger.

You really need a large diameter free flowing exhaust. I think most NA exhausts are too narrow for your application. Do you care how loud it is? I am at only 6 PSI and I gained some healthy horsepower going from the GT1 version 5 pretzel to the ARC. You need to keep it free flowing. This thing sounds insane and is super light, is the ultimate free flow. Just loud. It will really make a race car out of your car. And give you the most power.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/146855-TaiTec-GT-009-exhaust

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gh_IpFtu_eE" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

The 5.1 or pride knockoff are not good for an FI engine.

It makes sense...but, putting down 390 even impressed Autowave. That was 50k miles and 2 years ago. It still feels the same, except for the rattling at cold start from the resonators in my 5.1.

The 5.1 or pride knockoff are not good for an FI engine.

I also have the SOS Endura Lite exhaust. I had the Taitec GT-102 Inconel and liked the Taitec better. The Endura Lite is loud down in the lower RPMs and seems to stay the same volume all the way to redline. There's also quite a bit of drone from 2-3k rpm in the cabin. Overall I do like the sound, but I preferred the Taitec GT-102 because it was quiet at low RPMs and got progressively louder to redline. The GT-102 also didn't have any of the drone issues.

As a side note, the Endura Lite will accept the Taitec exhaust tip silencers, you just need to drill the hole for it. The overall tone is pretty much unchanged with them. The idle is noticeably quieter as soon as you turn on the car. The drone from 2-3k RPM is practically gone for all intents and purposes. I'd say overall low RPM volume has dropped about 30%. I have had a chance to do WOT to redline runs, and the sound is definitely more linear. As the RPMs climb, so does the volume. Overall I am very happy with the mod, and it's great that I can always just remove them to bring the drone and the low RPM volume back if I really wanted to.

The only drawbacks so far that I can see is that I think the tips now look funny with the small screw at the bottom and the silencer inside the tip (even though they're painted flat black). When the silencer is out, there's now a 5/16" hole in the bottom of the tip. That's a very minor gripe though...

Anyway, here's the exhaust no silencers idle to ~5000 rpm.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w3Z-WDYBQj4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here it is with the silencers installed to the same RPMs.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oFD6-nuwL_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's a quick vid going through a tunnel with the silencers installed.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tgjBooY0dDE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
It makes sense...but, putting down 390 even impressed Autowave. That was 50k miles and 2 years ago. It still feels the same, except for the rattling at cold start from the resonators in my 5.1.

It's still robbing you of power. And that auto wave dyno is notorious for optimistic numbers. It's well documented here through the years no matter what they claim for accuracy.

- - - Updated - - -

Syndicate contact Nero Tenebre another option for a super well flowing, lightweight and incredibly well built exhaust is the Stmpo meessiah he is selling.

Syndicate contact Nero Tenebre another option for a super well flowing, lightweight and incredibly well built exhaust is the Stmpo meessiah he is selling.

STMPO Messiah is a well built system. Calling it an exhaust is a stretch, LOL, it's more like a header extension... hahaa. Be prepared for a very loud system.

What are you really looking in an exhaust, syndicate? FI friendly? Is that it?

Last edited:
Lots of good commentary on here already.

I really like the sound of the Taitec GTLW. The exhaust packing is a bit different on the SOS/Cantrell (they're both the same) so the sound is similar but not 100% the same.

The pride pretzel will not free up additional power. They copied the GT-One 5.1 which tunes for sound at the sacrifice of some flow. I actually remember talking to the Chinese company that was importing them during the 2009 SEMA show... before Pride got the exclusive. They were willing to sell me units at less than $300 each. Just goes to show how cheap these units are. The ARC is a nice exhaust. Its tuned well given the constraints. However, it is not the most free flowing still. It's probably the best of the off-the-shelf options in terms of weight, sound, and performance. The best for performance are the straight-thru twin parallels but they don't sound have too special of a sound.

In a nutshell, the muffler style exhaust are usually chambered. If a muffler style exhaust is from a good manufacture they are usually chambered (not the most free flowing but sounds better). The Taitec GTLW has an internal X-pipe so it's a bit of an exception. I think one of the better sounding ones out there is the Angus. However, any of the X-pipe exhaust sacrifices some flow to smoothen out the noise.

If you get super annoyed and you plan to remove the OEM cats you can always add 1/4 or Helmholtz resonators to kill the drone.

STMPO Messiah is a well built system. Calling it an exhaust is a stretch, LOL, it's more like a header extension... hahaa. Be prepared for a very loud system.

What are you really looking in an exhaust, syndicate? FI friendly? Is that it?

I am looking for something that sounds good and is a good fit for my supercharger. I don't want to run straight pipes for optimum flow, but sounds terrible. I also don't want a killer sound at the expense of a 20 hp loss. I know that I don't want the CT exhaust. I am also not interested in any $4000 exhaust so that rules out almost everything Japanese or titanium. I thought I might like the Gruppe M v3 until I found out how much it was. I wish there was more dyno information and videos with supercharged NSXs that are doing more than sitting there revving.

I am looking for something that sounds good and is a good fit for my supercharger. I don't want to run straight pipes for optimum flow, but sounds terrible. I also don't want a killer sound at the expense of a 20 hp loss. I know that I don't want the CT exhaust. I am also not interested in any $4000 exhaust so that rules out almost everything Japanese or titanium. I thought I might like the Gruppe M v3 until I found out how much it was. I wish there was more dyno information and videos with supercharged NSXs that are doing more than sitting there revving.

Syndicate, I wanted to change from my taitec jgtc parallel exhaust due to the drone. But then I got the ctsc. Shad told me the supercharger would change the sound of my car completely. It isn't so much the the loudness of the blower, it's a whole new intake system. I didn't beleive him.That is what changes the sound in my mind. Shad was right. My ctsc coupled with the taitec exhaust is just awesome. It drones way less than before. But yes, when under boost the blower overcomes the exhaust. I waited to pull the trigger on a new exhaust too but due to net viper having the same set up and chiming in on my posts I waited. The best part about the taitec is when you let off throttle. It sounds beefy and screams when on wot. Not ricey and street bike sounding. Give me till this weekend and I will post take a vid.
I know I am loosing a handful of ponies with the taitec jgtc but it is just MEAN! Paired with a blower and headers. I might not ever let it go. Hope you find what your looking for. I will take some vids this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

Syndicate, I wanted to change from my taitec jgtc parallel exhaust due to the drone. But then I got the ctsc. Shad told me the supercharger would change the sound of my car completely. It isn't so much the the loudness of the blower, it's a whole new intake system. I didn't beleive him.That is what changes the sound in my mind. Shad was right. My ctsc coupled with the taitec exhaust is just awesome. It drones way less than before. But yes, when under boost the blower overcomes the exhaust. I waited to pull the trigger on a new exhaust too but due to net viper having the same set up and chiming in on my posts I waited. The best part about the taitec is when you let off throttle. It sounds beefy and screams when on wot. Not ricey and street bike sounding. Give me till this weekend and I will post take a vid.
I know I am loosing a handful of ponies with the taitec jgtc but it is just MEAN! Paired with a blower and headers. I might not ever let it go. Hope you find what your looking for. I will take some vids this weekend.

Fyi, I am on low boost NA 1 3.0 liter bone stock internals. Stock ctsc fueling system with dc headers, Oem intake, uni filter, Df scoop, and taitec parallel exhaust. 340 wheel hp

Last edited:
I think one of the better sounding ones out there is the Angus.

I agree. It sounds pretty awesome in person. Although I went with something quieter.. there was no highway drone but all the racket at 4000rpm+ wasn't for me, and the neighbor on the other side of the garage wall probably approved.

So here are sound clips for the APX on a CTSC setup. It has test pipes and RM Racing / Billy Boat headers.
1 2 3 4

If anyone wants to make a Youtube out of these clips, please go ahead. I don't need any credit or link backs.

Back