• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Thom's rear camber kit

It seems like there maybe a need for camber kits for those of us that want to lower our cars, but not have adverse rear tire wear.
I don't know what other kits are out there, but I had Thom's camber kit in my car and I'm happy with it. It seems like when Thom made his kit, he filled the need and decided to stop.

Thom is not making any more kits, but I am willing to take my kit and have it replicated. (as long as Thom is okay with that).
View attachment installinstructions.pdf

PS mods, move thread if you need to

TiDave has offset rear beam bearings to offer a boost in performance and help those who have lowered their car beyond the factory eccentric bolts limits. Albeit it's probably a bit more than the camber kits (I am unsure of the price) But you are also replacing the rear subframe bushings with a non compliance unit and that's kind of a needed mod for our cars.

Do you have a illustration of the bearing? It sounds like it is on the lower suspension arm. Does it pull the lower arm in?

TiDave has offset rear beam bearings to offer a boost in performance and help those who have lowered their car beyond the factory eccentric bolts limits. Albeit it's probably a bit more than the camber kits (I am unsure of the price) But you are also replacing the rear subframe bushings with a non compliance unit and that's kind of a needed mod for our cars.

Do you have a illustration of the bearing? It sounds like it is on the lower suspension arm. Does it pull the lower arm in?

- - - Updated - - -

That would be great, I would want one.

I am working with Thom to reproduce these kits. It's been a while since he sold the kits, I think there is a need again.
The only issue is that Thom is not willing to 'bank roll' the production, so it may end up as a 'group buy' that pays for the kits before production.
That way nobody has to 'finance' the production.

7102013133230_zps30ccd9cf-2.jpg
Look at the bearings on the top left and right pictures. The pull the lower control arm in. They're the bushings located in the rear subframe.

Last edited:
How many degrees of camber can TiDave's add and how many degrees can Thom's kit add? I am also interested.

TiDave's bushings are good for 1 degree increase or decrease. (According to cedar ridge fabrication website) in my personal experience I have seen some very low cars (NSXNEMO) have their rear camber go from "hellaflush" to "almost stock"

Very solid mod, sorry to the op of this topic has been thread jacked

FWIW, some had no problem like Richard with this kit but I had Thom installed the aggro kit ~15k easy miles later, it made a clucking sound all the time as the igus inserts/bushings were worn. Before that, it made a squeaky noise that no lube helped. The rear side of the bushing flange was not sitting flush again the curved chassis and a simple bushings replacement was not a long term solution. This is also a non-reversible mod. Lucky I found a set of oem upper arm as they are getting harder and harder to find. Besides, camber does not wear the tires as fast as the toe. Try that first.

TiDave's bushing mod is a much better and smarter approach overall. You get much more than just better camber.

is this still available?

I know one of the major issues with the Ayotte kit was that it isn't easily reversible due to the removal of the OEM bushing/mounts.
If the OEM parts aren't carefully removed they can't be reinstalled and these are not available for purchase without the upper arm.

....unless you make 'OEM' spec parts for the camber kit :rolleyes:

Anyone need a kit....great winter project :smile:

Yes. I have one used one and a few new ones.

I still have some

Back