• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wrecks all over the place

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys never seen this many wrecked NSX's at auction EVER. whats going on?

Since we can no longer EDIT the WIKI I hope these don't get washed and the next poor sap gets them. I use to keep VIN's with pic but after the no-one can edit was decided I stopped.

here we go

bggtregtr.jpg 2003 JH4NA21613T000124

htrehtbg.jpg 1995 JH4NA118XST000780

gtregtregtr.jpg1995 JH4NA1185ST000296

gtretnhfd.jpg1992 JH4NA1159NT001140

ehtrehtre.jpg1991 JH4NA1153MT003156

stay safe guys but its sure is making the ones still alive worth more.

I hate seeing this

Might be time to add a "sticky" to the "NSX for Sale" section, entitled Wrecked/Salvage NSX's. This would make for quick reference point for potential buyers. To control the information, members would submit vehicle description, VIN and status (wrecked or salvage) to a Prime administrator who can add the vehicle to the sticky.

Although the nsx has seen price incline, they are still affordable for kids to buy hence the increase in wrecked nsx.

I don't know about you guys but every time I drive my NSX I fear someone is going to hit it, either from red light or stop sign, who also has these thoughts?

Might be time to add a "sticky" to the "NSX for Sale" section, entitled Wrecked/Salvage NSX's. This would make for quick reference point for potential buyers. To control the information, members would submit vehicle description, VIN and status (wrecked or salvage) to a Prime administrator who can add the vehicle to the sticky.

Yes I agree.

If I had to guess, and this is just a theory here. With all the extra turbocharged and supercharged options readily available, maybe people do not know how to handle the power? A rear wheel drive car is hard a hell to control in a drift and turbochargers add tons of torque which causes excessive wheel spin. Could that be it? Or possibly its the legalization of marijuana in certain states? I'm not sure.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, the wide body looks like a Boston Whaler boat I used to own.:biggrin: It deserves a grave.

An accident is always possible, but you can't let that stop you from driving your NSX as much as possible. Just enjoy it. I got rear ended this past year. Shawn fixed her and now she is better than ever. Gave me a chance to change the wheels, air ducts, rear valence, side skirts. Just got the make the best of it!

Me!!! I cannot count the number of times I have had to swerve someone coming out of their driveway because they didn't see me since the NSX is so low. What shocks me even more is they can't see this bright yellow banana?!

I don't know about you guys but every time I drive my NSX I fear someone is going to hit it, either from red light or stop sign, who also has these thoughts?

Every time!
Also how often does it seem like you're getting followed (chased really) by another car who tails you?

Apparently, people have already forgotten that I started a thread a few months ago with the express purpose of attempting to capture salvage VINs until a more permanent solution is found.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...emporary-place-to-post-them?highlight=salvage

However, it's not really important where or how these salvage VINs are posted because it someone does a Google search on the VIN .. it should pick it up whether it's the temporary Salvage thread .. or any other discussion thread. It will even pick up entries if they are in the Registry section of the locked Wiki. So, if you see something, just start a thread. To be honest, I'm starting to be a fan of the idea of having a registry section on the site (like the For Sale section) and create a thread for every VIN we see. That way, people could just add a post if they'd seen it for sale somewhere .. or checked it out .. or whatever. However, having thousands of VIN threads may put too much of a strain on the site.

Last edited:
I loved the WIKI thread was adding stuff all the time cant we just create a new one copy paste into new wiki file? a few of my personal NSX's someone went behind me and edited them to say what they wanted and deleted some facts about them that I felt was important

it like the good guys want to try and be good guys and post the VINs etc. but when its to much of an effort to do so we loose some of those good guys where they say F-it oh well I tried.

.. a few of my personal NSX's someone went behind me and edited them to say what they wanted and deleted some facts about them that I felt was important
That's actually one of the benefits of using a system with one thread per VIN because people can only add new info .. they can't go back and edit something that someone has already posted. And, if there's a disagreement, then at least it's out in the open and people can hear the arguments and make their own decisions. But you're right, with a Wiki system, anyone can edit virtually anything. There is an audit trail .. but (a) someone has to be a 'moderator'; (b) that same someone has to notice that it's changed, (C) someone has to arbitrate over disagreements; (d) etc. I chose to create the Registry on top of the Wiki structure because it was the easiest thing to do at the time .. but in retrospect, maybe not the best way to do it. But, for the time being, a Salvage thread is probably the easiest way to capture sightings and comments about salvaged .. or even 'washed' histories. I see that RSO34 has also recently been starting VIN-based threads to warn people of issues. Both the Registry and the Wiki had their own awkward syntax for adding new material .. .but everyone is familiar with the process of creating threads and do it often, which is another reason I'm leaning toward a thread-based VIN system.

I'd be all for a "non Wiki" NSX Registry. Besides accounting for intact NSX, it can be used to show wrecked/salvaged one's. It can be as detailed or finite as the membership wishes it to be. The S2000 group on S2KI.com uses a Google document format to display their Registry and it works quite well and includes wrecked/salvage plus car ownership/transfers. Within this Registry they have accounted for U.S, Canadian and European spec. models so this document template would work for all NSX models, but of course the NSX registry could use their own variant.
In the end a NSX registry will only be as good as it's membership wishes it to be.

I think a per-car thread is a great idea. however there would need to be some built-in way to prevent duplication. i like the google docs idea as well.

Last edited:
Wrecks

These wrecks often get "rebuilt" and not very well. I had a couple where there was a bolt or body fastener missing on every major body panel.

I had one with only 3 front bumper bolts on and the rear bumper had NONE. Both roof garnishes were not bolted on at all!
Suspension hardware missing or in the wrong place. Every coolant and/or fluid line LEAKING.
So many of these cars are being butchered. Diligence is required when buying.

There are, however, still good deals to be had. I had a customer buy a 1992 off of E-Bay and the car was unmolested straight and 16k miles. What a find.

^^^^^^ I love you man....

The S2000 group on S2KI.com uses a Google document format to display their Registry and it works quite well and includes wrecked/salvage plus car ownership/transfers.
I'm not a Google docs expert .. would you care to describe some of the benefits of that solution? Who would have access? How easy is it to access? How easy is it to create new entries or add new info? Who would manage it?
And to address vivanshah's point .. is there some way of automatically prevent duplication .. that's a very real issue with the 'thread per VIN' approach. We could fix the duplication in the 'thread per VIN' approach by starting a thread for every known VIN but there are people in the community who perceive that to be an 'information security' issue. The key debate centers around whether or not the VIN is mentioned in 'public' whether that's in a thread on Prime; a for sale ad on ebay, Autotrader, whatever; etc. But with a 'public subset of VINs', we have the duplication problem unless someone can write an app for Prime that would (a) first validate that the VIN is valid, and (b) check to see if there's already a thread. Does the Google doc system do something similar?

Using google documents is just one option, I'm sure there are other formats out there that might work better. The most obvious benefit is it's clarity, conciseness and submissions are easily formated within the document. Typically, one or two people are charged (volunteered) to make the submissions to the document. This reduces duplication and makes for a consistent listing. Submissions are purely voluntary, and individual location information can be as general as the submitting individual wishes. Unfortunately, this form of registry will only be as good/accurate as the person/people making entries to the document. By limiting submissions to a limited group it tends to negate duplication/errors.
I understand peoples privacy concerns, be it via VIN, license plate, etc. I'm fairly certain access to the document could be addressed (if need be) to limit access to say, members with say 100+ posts. I can visit with a more astute computer guru thursday and see if we can address some of your concerns NSX2398, I've added a link to the Google document as used by S2KI.com so that you can see it.
The NSX deserves a Registry of it's own, whether it's through Google or some other format, I'm just glad the discussion is being made.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...DeOsYir2Lp8zA0fo1luA/edit?pli=1#gid=408772616

Maybe Lud can add another sub-forum and call it the "Graveyard." People can start a new thread with a VIN of a wrecked car. It'll be easier to keep track of instead of having to sort through threads posted in different forums.

What do you guys think?

A "Graveyard" forum or not?

yes and as the header MJ's thriller video as a constant loop:biggrin:

Back