• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The "austrian type-R" NSX

p1100282d4sre.jpg

p110028335se8.jpg

p11002852osw5.jpg

p1100286vfsn9.jpg

p1100284lxsyw.jpg

Last edited:
Do you like the ITR seat belt receivers? I am using Recaro ABE seats at the moment with the stock seat belt receivers, but I have the OEM NSX-R receivers sitting in a box, waiting to go in the car. The floppy ITR receivers look like they might get in the way (?).

Awesome build. I love that your car is so light. I haven't weighed mine in a LONG time and need to get on it. Please keep us posted.

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome build. I love that your car is so light. I haven't weighed mine in a LONG time and need to get on it. Please keep us posted.

Did an 80km testdrive yesterday and I like the seats alot. The seating position is very good, I adjusted it like SOS recommends in the rail manual for the NSX-R seats. For the track I will see, but I think a little bit lower on the front will give the seat an extra angel for the seatback. I would recommend the seat also for longer and daily driving, not so comfortable than the leather seat, but it is a very good compromise.

I would like to show you the difference in seating-hight compared with an NSX oem seats. I will ask my buddy when he has time. I think it is a bit lower in the DF seat, the foam has settled a bit I feel.

Last edited:
Hi! Some news. I installed my harness today and did it w/o needing a harness bar while still retaining full interior. It is also possible to remove the lap belt harness quickly and use the oem 3 point safety harness. The rear shoulder belts can be left in the car, just let them hang down behind the seats.

The DF NSX-R RHD replica duct needed a bit cutting here and there. I just did a test fitting and need to do a repainting later.

The PWR radiator with its 2 slim line fan fits also nice and I had only to do some work to the upper brackets

070120160551v3kdc.jpg

07012016058108kze.jpg

070120160591tnj9l.jpg

070120160611xejii.jpg

0701201606211dj99.jpg

070120160601cfja7.jpg

070120160631f6j84.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I drilled the holes myself. The car has to get back on the road now. I just have to do some minor thing. Last friday I went to the dyno and I lost 10hp with the exact same setup like 2 years ago. I only installed the standard 5 speed instead of the straight gear cut ADAC tranny. The car has now 292rwhp ~ 340bhp.

Are you sure the body is strong enough where you screwed in the eyelets for the shoulder belts? That's not a very strong area from what I know.

The consensus from my local track tech inspectors is that your setup is not good enough. A few suggestions were made:

1. Install heavy duty large washers under the eye bolts on the inside of the car.
2. Fabricate a one-piece plate instead of two and make it thicker
3. Weld that plate to the firewall (would need to be an aluminum plate)
4. Make sure those are hardened bolts and nuts.

I just modified my DF cushions. I cutted about 20mm foam fot eh cushion to get a bit lower seating. It worked out very fine and now the seating is perfect for me. I am 1,86m.

1501201607721yu5.jpg

15012016078muyd1.jpg

150120160793vbym.jpg

Thanks for your input. This hardware came with a set of SCHROTH harness, so I guess the material should be strong enough. I do not see why welding should make it any better, there is no benefit if it is welded or bolted IMO. A bigger plate is an idea, but welding that will not make it stonger. Here is a link, just try google FIA belt plate: http://www.mcgillmotorsport.com/square-backing-mounting-plate-for-harness-attachment-687/

Welding it strengthens the entire area it is attached to. In an accodent the body can warp including the firewall. It will change things tremendously. It's just a suggestion from guys that look at this stuff daily. Ultimately it is whatever you are comfortable with. I am not trying to tell you what to do.

Got some rubbers for Time Attack Germany Masters 2016

Rear 285/30/18 on 10.5x18 BBS magnesium ADAC GT spec rims about et55 and at the front 235/40/17 on old school SSR Rim in 8x17 et41. If it rubs too much, I have also a "spare-pair" of 215/40/17, ass cheap those Federals 595RS-R (125 Euro 285/30/18 and 95 Euro 215/40/17). I tried those last year already and they have pretty well done!

19012016088ibpy5.jpg

Short Update: Shorei Batterie installed and turned a quick test-drive, filled up gasoline and drove to the truck scale: 1200kg/ 2645lbs w/o driver.

Last time I weighted the car it had 1210kg with 1/2 fuel tank, so roughly about 1240kg...this is what I did the last few month:
- DF NSX-R setas and SOS rails
- Exedy dual Carbon clutch
- EGR deleted
- AEM V2 ECU
- 2 Wideband O2
- PWR Radiator with 2 Slimline Fans
- NSX-R undertray
- Takata harness for Driver
- Shorei Batterie
- installed oem airbox and oem coolant tank instead of the aftermarket ones
- tuned engine with 350hp roughly to the flywheel

Now it's time to show people the capacity of my ride at the German Time Attack Masters....first round 1. Mai Nurburgring, F1 track.

Last edited:
hello! It is time for a update here.

The first and second run in the German Time Attack Masters are done and I did first place in Club 2WD with huge time gap to the 2nd cars. Nissan 350Z and 370Z. Compared to some cars with my 2015 setup it seems the car is about 3 seconds faster each lap (Eurospeedway and Nurburgring GP circuit). One lap is about 1:40 with our cars. I am pretty happy with the results, even more after people has told me if I use a different tire brand the car would be another 2 seconds faster. Now I run on Federal 595RSR. The set of 4 is just 500 euro (235/40/17 and 285/30/18) Can't beat that. :D

I did also the first Quartermile this year on cold weather conditions. The car is 0,4 sec faster on the same track than last year. I did finaly a 12,9 time. I know thats not that good with my setup, but I think compared the times to DRAG strips in USA is not fair and realy comperable. Compared with cold temperatures and a mix of wind, sun and rain, thats not bad at all.

Thanks for reading
Christian
ATR racing

Last edited:
Not to thread jack, but for others looking for the ITR seat belt receivers, it looks like the part number is: 04823-ST7-A05ZA

I would hold off on that. That is what I think is the part number for it but what austrian type-R uses appears to be slightly different. Need to verify first.

Back