• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The "austrian type-R" NSX

After more than 10 years here on the board, I have to show off my NSX, which is all the time in an upgrade-programm.

This is what I did the last 10 years to the car after I bought it in 2005 completly stock.

Measured with 1/2 tank and w/o driver: ~1210kg (2665lbs). Mine is now. 41% front VS 59% at the rear. OEM is 42% VS 58%.
LF 243kg (535lbs) / LR 251kg (552lbs)
RL 359kg (790lbs) / RR 356kg (784lbs)

front03kv8.jpg

rearb2km4.jpg

rear_sidefhkj7.jpg

sidelojbh.jpg

REMOVED
air condition (all the lines, etc)
spare wheel with mounting stuff
fog lights
Radio with speakers
Metalbracket for sub
CD and antenna cable
antenna
engine cover
tools
hook rear x2
hoofk front x1
Sound deadning stuff behind the seats
engine bay fan
cruise controll unit and computer
Airbag with sensors and computer
Watertank with pumps
2 horns of 3
Hollow bolt for rear towing hook

ADDED or CHANGED
Momo Tuner steeringwheel
SOS hub adapter
Dali carbon Radio cover
KW V. 3 coilovers
NSX-R sway bar front
NSX-R Chassie bars
Oem NA2 (1997+) brakesn front/rear
braided steel brake lines
Taitec headers
Taitec light weight exhaust
Procar cats
Procar carbon Airbox
Procar carbon intake scoope
Procar carbon front bumper beam
JUN flywheel
SoS coolant tank
LMAs
Oem Honda NSX 2002+ rear
ALB 2002+ NSX-R
Metabro aluminium rear bumper beam
Volk ce28n: 7.5x17 & 9x17 215/40/17 / 255/40/17 Potenza RE050A
02+ front conversion OEM parts
Downforce NSX-R FRP hood
Downforce NSX-R undertray
Downforce NSX-R wing
lDownforce NSX 02+ OEM Style rocker panels

FUTURE
Lithium-Iron Batterie
Lexanhtach
Tarox brake system front/rear
Downforce NSX-R replica seats

I have blacked out the head lights. There is a thread on prime about painting the inside of the headlights. search for black headlights. Mine was done at HELLA, a well known German head lights company. A guy at Hellas R&D tuned up my lights and changed out the amber turn signals into smoked ones too. :cool:

p1100243atjcd.jpg

Last edited:
sehr schön gemachter NSX. Mit Sicherheit einer der top 5 in europa. Jetzt noch die 50 kg Wohnzimmersessel austauschen, damit die Diät richtig Sinn macht.

Gruß Chris

HI! I got some news here. Pulled out my stock engine and droped in the engine from my retired race car. Since I could not sell it for an decent price I use it myself now - one of the reason is the Time Attack Germany I will join next year. [:)] It has dynoed already with 354bhp and 331nm. With my weight reduction I did, it will give me a power to weight ratioof just 3,33kg per horsepower. Thats about the same league than Porsche GT3 RS 2006 - 2009

mods to the engine
deleted EGR system
Comptech camshafts and Comptech adj. cam gears
Supertech dual valve springs
ARP head studs
new oem Honda bearings ("colorcode red" for crank and rods)
new head gasket kit for the heads
Cometic cylinder head gaskets
+0,5mm overbore and honed OEM sleeves
TODA Oilpump upgrade
New Pistons from Science of Speed 11,5:1 CR
Oversized Science of Speed Throttlebody
new OEM timing belt and water pump
baffled OEM oil pan
NGK Platinum #7 spark plugs
RDX injectors
Crank Pulley made of aluminium
Exedy carbon/carbon clutchkit
AEM V2 engine management system

new mods to the car
PWR race radiator (about double of oem thickness)
Downforce modified LHD hood air duct
Downforce NSX-R replica seats
oem NSX-R belt latch
SOS seat rails
Shorei Lithium-Iron Batterie

target weight: 1180kg with full fluids and gasoline /// without driver.

motor_kleinsvrbf.jpg

Hey Austrian,

are you happy with the downforce seats? Thinking about buing them by my self too so would appreciate some comments on that.
Which seat raisl did you use?

Greetings from good old Germany

hi! I have informed me the same way like you. I have contacted 2 people, one in USA and a guy in Australia. They told me the seats are awesome and well worth the money and this product from downforce is far way better than the other parts they do (talking about the body parts when you have to do some work to the hood, side skirts, etc so they fit 100% nice). I use the SOS Rails. I do not have installed the seats yet, but the cat likes!

101020152491xcq64.jpg

Perfect - we'll see. If installed, just le me know. Planning to order by next year - march or April.

cannot see the pictures unfortunately

hi! I have informed me the same way like you. I have contacted 2 people, one in USA and a guy in Australia. They told me the seats are awesome and well worth the money and this product from downforce is far way better than the other parts they do (talking about the body parts when you have to do some work to the hood, side skirts, etc so they fit 100% nice). I use the SOS Rails. I do not have installed the seats yet, but the cat likes!

101020152491xcq64.jpg

Spooled down 150km test drive. Sounds like a freakin GT Racecar, nice blubbeling sound at closed throttle and quickly revs up like a motorcycle with the light auminium crankpulley and the super light Exedy dual carbon disc clutch, which is totaly okay for daily driving. Also the pedal feeling is like stock, maybe a bit harder, but nothing you can't get used to it after 10 times clutching.

Fuel concuption before fine mapping is 12 litre in normal driving and with some WOT runs, fast uphill driving and some cruising is 13,2 litre concuption....so about 1,5-2 litres more than on stock engine and I bet it gets better after fine-tuning.

It is a different car now, the sound, the throttle response, 330nm and 355hp, the extra punch out of the revs-bottom up to near 9000rpm. Also the "gap" from 1st into 2nd gear where it's usualy out of VTEC is gone completely...so no need of shortening the tranny or the 6speed....saved some money here :p

I like to go on the dyno again for final mapping in the next 3-4 weeks.

Last week I installed the Downforce NSX-R replica seats along with SOS rails. The installation was easy and the seatposition is about 2cm higher vs the oem leather seats. The cushions of the DF seats are kinda high, it would be no problem to shave off 3-4cm of the foam. I have to do a test drive and have to feal how it is....

The Shorei Li-Iron Batterie is also here now, this should be getting me to a total curb weight + all fluids to ~1185kg. I will go again to the truck scale when weather is fine.

I made something speacial for the belt lashes...some of you know the oem NSX belt lash is about 2-3cm shorter than the NSX-R lash. I got some ITR rear seats lashes, which are without those stiffening-plasic but about 2-3cm longer then oem NSX belt lashes. I used some stiffening-plastic from an parted out NSX and warmed them up with a heat-gun and pulled the plastik back over the ITR lashes. Now the modified ITR lashes are stiff, flushs smothly into the seat-holes and are not sliping back, which would be annoying every time when you want to get the seat belts on. I will show some pics later.

The German Time Attack Masters dates are finaly here! You can watch me in the class "CLUB" where I want to get into the Top 3 - theoretical it is possible to get out as the winner if all things are on my side [:)]

GERMAN TIMEATTACK MASTERS DATES 2016
Round 1 - Nürburgring GP 01.05.2016 (GTAM + STAM)
Round 2 - Lausitzring Fast Car Festival 10.- 12.06.16 (GTAM + STAM)
Round 3 - Hockenheim, Zandvoorth oder Oschersleben Termin folgt
Round 4 - Lausitzring Reisbrennen 12.- 14.08.2016 (only Japaner)
Round 5 - TT - Circut Assen NL 04.09.2016 (GTAM + NLTAM)

awesome best of luck...we want some vids:biggrin:

Back