• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wheel/Tire Advice

Nice... You should also get a front sway bar. Will make a big difference and doesn't really make your ride quality worse. Trust me the OEM bar is just incredibly weak. It's not expensive the type R fits like well.... OEM.

Turbo - do you know for sure if 25mm would work for the fronts on Bilstein lower perch, stock wheels?

H&R doesnt sell direct and referred me to their source below.
The 15mm I bought come with bolts (see pic in their link) however without some modifications to the OEM bolts, they will not come off and replace with theirs.
They dont offer 20mm.
Basically I want a spacer that uses the OEM bolts like the 25mm I bought but I want to make sure turning will be OK.

http://store.allsprings.com/acura-nsx-hr-wheel-spacers-c524.aspx

Last edited:
Those have the replacement studs also.

I reclarified with my shop that they can use the 15mm that I bought no problem, just didnt have enough time that day to finish. Bilsteins and 25mm on the rears look pretty good. Can't wait until its complete.

Thanks for all the advice (Turbo).

Installed Bilstein shocks (lower perch) and H&R spacers 25mm Rear / 15mm Front.
Exactly the look I was going for and looks amazing in person.

Just curious regarding the front sway bar you mentioned.

For example, SOS's version is $340. Why is it $100 more than the NSX-R one on their site?

Here is my otherwise stock 91 with 18/19 setup, 60k miles. Maybe my suspension is sagging a bit but I dont think it looks too bad, ie lifted. Won't be going coilovers unless I get a iLift setup in conjunction. I scrape as it is getting into my driveway.

Just curious regarding the front sway bar you mentioned.

For example, SOS's version is $340. Why is it $100 more than the NSX-R one on their site?

Well the SOS one is adjustable and includes front and rear. The NSX-R one isn't adjustable and is just the front.

Going to be purchasing tires for this season and looking for opinions.
Spirited driving, minimal track.

Looking for:
- good grip
- minimal tire noise
- decent in wet in case I get stuck in weather
- good tread life
- aggressive tread pattern
- will leave on the car stored for Chicago winters (don't want to remove and store inside)

Considering:
- Yoko AD08's (Extreme Perf)
- Dunlop ZII Star Spec (Extreme Perf)
- Pirelli Nero GT (Max Perf)
- Bridgestone re-11's (Extreme Perf)
- Hankook Ventus R-S3 (Extreme Perf)
- Hankook Ventus V12 (Max Perf)
- Yoko S Drives (Ultra High Perf) --- heard to stay away

It all depends on how you want to balance those factors. Primarily grip vs. tread life. Also depends on size. I'm guessing 16/17 based on your selections. I personally have enjoyed both of your first two choices.

I'm still riding the oem 17/17's.

I saw in another thread the AD08's have to be stored above a certain temp. I'd rather not sit the car on stands or blocks in the winter if true.

I live in in NE Pa in a similar climate to you and drive all year round if roads are dry.....the Dunlops do fine.

I dont drive mine year round although I wish I could. Our winters are brutal. So I am curious if the Dunlops and Yoko AD08's have to be stored inside with our climate.

I dont drive mine year round although I wish I could. Our winters are brutal. So I am curious if the Dunlops and Yoko AD08's have to be stored inside with our climate.
Quote from manufacturer :
"Like the motorsports tires this Extreme Performance Summer street tire has evolved from, the ADVAN Neova AD08 R radial's construction and compounds have been tuned to maximize the tire's traction and performance within a specific Like the motorsports tires this Extreme Performance Summer street tire has evolved from, the ADVAN Neova AD08 R radial's construction and compounds have been tuned to maximize the tire's traction and performance within a specific range of ambient temperatures. Therefore, unlike less highly-tuned tires, Yokohama's care instructions specify that due to its compound characteristics, ADVAN Neova AD08 R tires must be serviced, stored and driven at temperatures above -10 degrees Celsius (14 degrees Fahrenheit) to maintain its performance and avoid tire damage."

From Dunlop:
As an evolution of the Direzza ZII and continuing to use the same tread design, the Direzza ZII Star Spec's tread compound helps provide faster lap times from the start by developing more traction in temperate temperatures along with consistent grip on subsequent laps when the tires are fully warmed up. While this means the Direzza ZII Star Spec's tread compound accommodates a wider operating temperature range, it is not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near- and below-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

Last edited:
"While this means the Direzza ZII Star Spec's tread compound accommodates a wider operating temperature range, it is not intended to be serviced, stored nor driven in near- and below-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice."

I run AD08R tires in the summer and have secondary wheels and tires for winter storage. I store the Advans in my house stacked and covered during winter. If I ran the Star Specs, I would do the same thing. To me, the necessary thing to do to have some sticky tires for summer driving.

Last edited:
Lol thanks. I took it as not intended to be service, not stored, and not driven near/below freezing temps.

As I am going with the stock wheels, spacers and bilstein combo, I want a tire that can be on the car all year round. Looks like AD08's and Dunlops are out.

Next best option anyone?

I have Falken RT615K on my secondary "winter" wheels. I did a lot of research on "storage" tires and the Falkens have no low temperature warnings. When I run them in the spring, they -at warmed up temp- are no where near the Advans in performance. As a side note, I usually don't take the car out in spring till the air temp is above 40* and swap in the Advans when it won't drop below 45*.

Lol thanks. I took it as not intended to be service, not stored, and not driven near/below freezing temps.

As I am going with the stock wheels, spacers and bilstein combo, I want a tire that can be on the car all year round. Looks like AD08's and Dunlops are out.

Next best option anyone?
There are two ways you can go.

1. If you want to assume that a really sticky "extreme performance" tire that doesn't mention any warnings about low temperature storage CAN be safely stored in frigid winter temperatures, get the Falken RT-615K.

2. If you want to assume that a really sticky "extreme performance" tire that doesn't mention any warnings about low temperature storage CANNOT be safely stored in frigid winter temperatures (i.e. that the manufacturer just isn't as specific with its warnings), get a "maximum performance" tire. Two such tires available in 17"/17" sizes for the NSX are the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport and the Pirelli PZero Nero GT.

^ Thanks. I will probably be leaning more toward #2 .

Has anyone in the Prime community had any experience with Hankook Ventus V12's?
I have them on my Infiniti G summer wheels and are please with them.

Has anyone in the Prime community had any experience with Hankook Ventus V12's?
It's a good maximum performance tire. There are two versions: the Ventus V12 evo K110 and the Ventus V12 evo2. But neither is available in the 215/40-17 size you need for the NSX front.

It's a good maximum performance tire. There are two versions: the Ventus V12 evo K110 and the Ventus V12 evo2. But neither is available in the 215/40-17 size you need for the NSX front.

I agree. I've had both versions on my Mazdaspeed3 and they are fantastic for that car. My understanding is the standard evo K110 is being phased out for the newer Evo2.
I would get them for my 18/19 set if they offered NSX friendly sizes but last I checked, they didn't. I'll stick with the Extreme performance tires for my 17/18 and track though.

I have the Ventus V12's on my summer wheels for the G but didn't realize to think if they made a 17" option for the NSX. Am pretty please with them.

Back