• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Racing wheel rack for the NSX?

When will someone come out with a racing wheel rack for the NSX?
I believe many of us would like to take a spare set of wheels for track outings but the NSX doesn't have enough room inside to carry these.
In fact one can fit two front wheels in the boot and eventually one rear wheel on the passenger's seat but we are still stuck with one rear wheel.
As the NSX comes with a strong bumper rail at the rear, I imagine it would not be too difficult to devise a rack that hooks onto it to carry two rear wheels vertically behind the boot?
Many people carry bicycles behind their cars why not a spare set of rear wheels?
It would have to be easily removable once we get to the track of course.
Any ideas?

The trailer is not a bad idea but I would prefer a small rack to carry only two wheels.
Apparently the ideal place to hook it on would be where the license plate is located?
I'll have a look under my car to see how it could be done...

I'm assuming you mean something similar to this? It will have to be custom built. You may want to ask someone like TitaniumDave if he has time to build it.

nsx-239.jpg

nsx-298.jpg

Yes, but I'd like to get the two wheels behind the rear bumper just like you see some spare wheels fitted to the old Jeeps.

Back