• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Shady SoCal Mechanic

I'm curious to why the topic on Robert was deleted.

So two years ago I hired him to replace my ALL my hoses, main relay, and other misc. things. Recently, my car wouldn't start. My friend found out that my main relay was never replaced. Concerned, I took my car to Autowave. Turns out he replaced only one or two hoses, went out of his way to steal ALL my OEM claps, and placed aftermarket ones on. In the end, it will double me cost to redo all his "work."

A few owners have messaged me about him awhile back, with other concerns.
I feel bad because I referred a few new owners his way. I apologize if it has costed you too.

I see there are doubters so I'll post more tales from the crypt. I hope the original poster doesn't mind.

I recommended my friend to Robert to get work done on his '04 TL. Robert got my friend's car ticketed for a parking violation, said he would pay it and never did. Also, Robert recommended my friend have his power steering hoses changed. My buddy agreed and when the job was done asked for the old parts. Robert told him he had to give them back to the dealership. He thought it was strange but let it go. Turns out there is a TSB on TL power steering hoses. Seems Robert poosibly had the dealership change the part and charged my buddy parts and labor for work he didn't do?? Very shady.

Also, Shane informed me that he had a supercharged NSX towed from Victorville to his shop in Huntington Beach because Robert did the timing belt and other misc. The belt was off by quite a margin along with other problems. I would love it if the owner of this vehicle can chime in with more details.

Last edited:
He did my timing belt, water pump, cam plugs, crank pulley, other belts. About a year later, I took my car to Ramon, Ramon looked over my car, said cam plugs are still leaking, and various bolts are missing from doing the timing belt/water pump change. After noting this, I wouldn't recommend Robert.

Robert installed front and rear sway bars, rear beam with non-compliance bearings, non-compliance toe-links and compliance clamps. I have not had any problems so far, but the next time I see Ramon, I'll have him check things out. Particularly since I have been tracking my car.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with him. He's very meticulous, and I worked closely with him on everything. Stand up guy and sad to hear others have had negative experiences. I am sure others can chime in with the same positive experiences I've had.

Same here.

First couple of jobs were ok, then on the third job, original parts were made to look 'new' with fake receipt. This could have caused major engine damages when the 'looked new' parts failed. Also asked to have the clutch bled, only the fluid was changed in the fluid reservoir and the bleeding screw was untouched.

I have also witnessed metal parts were sitting on top on another NSX without any cover protecting the paint.

Unless the jobs were done in your presence, I'd strongly suggest verifying all the parts/work. I suppose certain jobs/parts are easier to hide.

The situation is very similar to Dali. All is ok until parts not showing up and all the communication ceased.

Very disappointing overall.

So two years ago I hired him to replace my ALL my hoses, main relay, and other misc. things. Recently, my car wouldn't start. My friend found out that my main relay was never replaced. Concerned, I took my car to Autowave. Turns out he replaced only one or two hoses, stole my OEM claps, and placed aftermarket ones on. In the end, it will double me cost to redo all his "work."

A few owners have messaged me about him awhile back, with other concerns.
I feel bad because I referred a few new owners his way. I apologize if it has costed you too.

Last edited:
its sad that people will go public and even slander a person name.

Robert is a stand up guy. I will continue to endorse him until he does wrong by me.

I appreciate your reply 99problems

Like the old sayin "if it's too good to be true, it probably is"

His prices seemed scary cheap... Seems there is a reason:eek:

Thanks for the heads up for those who have used him....and for the ones who luckily haven't.......

its sad that people will go public and even slander a person name.

Robert is a stand up guy. I will continue to endorse him until he does wrong by me.

I appreciate your reply 99problems

Excuse me, but slander is a FALSE statement. I'm a lot of things good and/or bad, but a liar I've seldom been called. The amount of testimonies from different owners and shops will back me up.

And what is wrong with going public to disclose of shady dealings to educate and info future/current owners?

I wished someone would of posted their grievances about him publicly before I handed him thousands of dollars, only to have it ALL redone.

Excuse me, but slander is a FALSE statement. I'm a lot of things good and/or bad, but a liar I've seldom been called. The amount of testimonies from different owners and shops will back me up.

And what is wrong with going public to disclose of shady dealings to educate and info future/current owners?

I wished someone would of posted their grievances about him publicly before I handed him thousands of dollars, only to have it ALL redone.

x2

I am in no place to give any type of review or feedback on Robert Garcia since I don't even know him or have had any work done by him.. but I can say for a fact many other so cal owners have had negative experiences with him. Maybe they can chime in... Luckily I don't live too far from Ramon. For the LA area guys, many have gone through Robert for service.

its cool

I don't have time to deal with small minded people

your opinion is just that

have a great day

You're trying real hard to defend someone that is supposedly in just a professional relationship with you.
I know Robert has a few personal friends on this forum and you just outed yourself.
Suspicious I am.

You just got owned with logic and empirical facts, and the first thing you do is use insults. This clearly showed who's the small minded one.

ITT, we learn that OP does not know basic English.

slan·der
noun

the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

verb

make false and damaging statements about (someone)

o·pin·ion
noun

• a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Guys, please keep your kids in school so they don't become a shady mechanic or one of his illiterate followers.

Last edited:
anytime you want to come and spell slander in my face let me know

you don't me dude!! I will f'up your world

like I said let me know when and where you are located and we can talk about it as grown ass men instead of all these email replies through a forum

like I said let me know when and where you are located and we can talk about it as grown ass men instead of all these email replies through a forum

Sounds like a threat to me. Wow!

What's next? You're going to post your address and invite everyone over so you guys can fight like real men?

Come at me bro! Lmao

Sorry, but you definitely don't sound or act like a grown man. There's no place for this here. To be respected, you must show respect.

P

:eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,239

This is nsx forums, not hondatech lol

Attachments

• damn.jpg
    damn.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,128
xD xD xD

Oh dear; makes fun of someone for illiteracy and fallacy, said person continues to threatened via more illiteracy.

Is this HRE's hiring process?

2014-New-Kids-Gift-Educational-Game-Blocks-5-Pillar-Matching-font-b-Color-b-font-font.jpg

Anyways, this thread was made to educate future owners on the difference between Shane, Ramon, Jon Martin, and Robert. One of those name does not belong here. When I was researching for a proper mechanic, somehow his name got caught in the mix. I found ZERO negative reviews. I suggest we ignore his friends before they get what is suppose to be an informative thread closed.

BACK ON TOPIC.
While the thread was temporarily closed, I got received another complaint.
I hope the OP doesn't mind me posting it.

I also had major service done by Robert after I saw the thread where everyone praised his work. I even sent PM to couple of members who wrote the recommendations. Everything checked out. I paid him 2 days of work and $600 travel expenses. He showed up 1 day late, rushed to finish everything in a day. Left without a road test drive. Now engine is making whining noise in higher RPM. Over tightened timing belt?

He said he will come back and fix it but I'm thinking maybe I should have another trusted shop look it over.

Thanks for posting your experience. I thought I was the only one with bad luck.

So you are on this site professionally representing HRE Wheels (in apparent violation of the site's vendor registration program no less):

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/184173-Best-17-18-in-Bronze?p=1809654#post1809654
I work for HRE wheels and we have launched the new classic line. please take a look and we can powder coat in house for additional fees.

my name is Antonio
760-597-2003 phone number
[email protected] work email

http://www.hrewheels.com/corporate/team
141167990529f46897d1dd451d49c74c48d7c2d20a.jpg

And out of nowhere you threaten another member with physical violence simply because he had a concern about the work a local mechanic performed?

Are you completely unhinged?

Running around Internet forums skirting vendor participation rules and physically threatening others members over literally nothing seems like a very edgy marketing campaign for an fairly well respected wheel manufacturer.

bold-strategy-cotton.jpg

The picture had me rolling.

As a Prime member who does work on others cars here, I must say that I do any and everything I can to make sure that my customer (and usually I consider them friends) is completely satisfied with the work that I do. I am incredibly careful and studious when I am working on someone's car, but I am by no means perfect. I feel that the honesty, communication and willingness to fix a problem for my customers is one of the reasons I have kept my reputation sterling amongst the community.

Bottom line, if someone is out performing work on someone's car and getting paid for it. They should be held liable for that work, good or bad. Just because something bad happens doesn't make that person a poor mechanic, it's how they handle the whole situation that can really make people sour (or happy).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there like a 5 page thread giving nothing but praises about this gentleman? I can no longer find the thread.

Back