• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HPDE Event at Thermo 2015 NSXPO

Coz

Legendary Member
Soooo....who's interested in the HPDE Track day that are signed up for the NSXPO ?
Aside from the autocross and skid pad.
Just curious :)

Last edited:
Sign me up!

Just changed
Brake fluid
Coolant
Brakes are good
re-aligned car

Just need pre track inspection :biggrin:

Sign me Up, I feel bad not doing my new sets of AD08r justices. I need to put them in good use before my -3 deg toe eats it up.

Me, Wife, Father in law (Father in Law can instruct if needed) - 3 cars.

Soooo....who's interested in the HPDE Track day that are signed up for the NSXPO ?
Aside from the autocross and skid pad.
Just curious :)

maybe a ride-along in your turbo beast... :)

cant wait!!! Just hope the track isn't melting in 100 degree temps in early Oct...:redface:

I like the fact that this year the track day is part of the expo daily events. All registered guests can use the skid pad and autocross and we'll be serving lunch :)

Skid pad to learn balance, weight transition and control.
Autocross to test yourself.
All in a safe environment that even those that haven't tried it need to, if for nothing else but to feel what the your NSX does in various situations which will make you a safer driver.
Those that like to go a little faster, HPDE on the track itself.

Its going to be a fun day with a lot going on.

We'll have some info up soon, we're working on it.
Thanks for the responses :)

- - - Updated - - -

The weather will be fine.
Don't be wimps....
You all have AC, LOL.

cant wait!!! Just hope the track isn't melting in 100 degree temps in early Oct...:redface:

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, we didn't get a chance when you lived here, there for sure Chase.

maybe a ride-along in your turbo beast... :)

Last edited:
I like the fact that this year the track day is part of the expo daily events. All registered guests can use the skid pad and autocross and we'll be serving lunch :)

Skid pad to learn balance, weight transition and control.
Autocross to test yourself......

- - - Updated - - -

The weather will be fine.
Don't be wimps....
You all have AC, LOL.

- - - Updated - - -

its not me I'm worried about:redface:

should be fine, but its been known to get a little hot out there....:tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

Sign me Up, I feel bad not doing my new sets of AD08r justices. I need to put them in good use before my -3 deg toe eats it up.

did a Palomar run a few weeks ago in my new AD08R's....OMG those things are awesome!!!:eek:

where were you???:confused:

Whatever...I live in friggen Arizona where we race in 100 degree temps in full gear.
Buy a cool suit, LOL
Yea, hopefully it will be in the 80's, I have faith. Have done Chuckwalla for 4 years in October and it's been great temp wise.
Put your big boy panties on, everything will be fine.

its not me I'm worried about:redface:

should be fine, but its been known to get a little hot out there....:tongue:

- - - Updated - - -

did a Palomar run a few weeks ago in my new AD08R's....OMG those things are awesome!!!:eek:

where were you???:confused:

I am currently in Washington. Enjoying the weather, the lakes, fishing, BBQ's and life.
Bring those AD08R's, looking forward to watching you work them bad boys.

This was my first experience with A005's with my extinguisher falling out of its bracket, a yellow flag and a cracking a rotor.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lynPP5FwHx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Yes, remember it well Regan. That was the weekend where the night before I hit a cinder block on a dark road I didn't see in time and broke/smashed my front bumper and you did an amazing job repairing it with Zip Ties so I could run....and it was over 100 degrees in the shade the day we ran :)...It was figgen hot...but our cars ran like it was nothing.

You guys should get your cooling systems checked out! Coz and mine are both boosted and we've both run in some of the hottest temps in the west coast. Remember SOW Jim? lol

I'm in

A quick update from some fellow car buddies on the status of the Thermal Racetrack Development.

The Thermal Club is coming along beautifully! 3.2Miles of track (out of 4.6Miles) is already complete, 5 configurations as it currently stands, the garage, and tuning shop (w/restaurant and bar) are 100% completed, and the clubhouse/permanent restaurant/viewing tower/timing tower are currently being built. Autocross, Karting track, skidpad, etc. BMW has a performance driving school filled with a 1.3Mile track with 7 configurations, a 300 x 300 skidpad, etc. 4 demo units are completed, and 1 member's villa is completed. The amount of effort and the quickness at which everything gets built is incredible. Not to mention the kindness of the staff, and endless amenities. I'm glad to call this place home (well... next year anyways). A 22 car garage below, and a duplex with 3 bedrooms on one side, 2 on the other? Doesn't sound half bad. Especially with only 8 miles from LaQuinta, or Indio and only 20 miles from PalmSprings!

11402989_10203742876204130_835373030481728417_n.jpg

This is the actual track we'll be running the HPDE event on.

Attachments

• South Palm Track Map.pdf
    211.2 KB · Views: 52
Any idea on when the HPDE sign-up will start? I hope soon, in that I will be out of the country the first part of August and I don't want to miss out!

Thanks,

Mario

We will open it July 17th or very shortly thereafter.
At this point, there will probably be a cap of 54 people allowed to participate in the HPDE spread out in 3 groups due to track limitations.

Any idea on when the HPDE sign-up will start? I hope soon, in that I will be out of the country the first part of August and I don't want to miss out!

Thanks,

Mario

Back