• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HPDE Event at Thermo 2015 NSXPO

^ Yup, If I'm going to be near/at a track I'll pretty well always bring a jack, at least one stand(safety if I get under the car to look at something), and tools/spares such that if I can't fix/replace it it was probably going to need a trailer regardless.

The novice group has been sold out. A few slots are available for the intermediate and advanced run groups for drivers who have the required experience and documentation for these levels.

track event

I would like to sign up for the intermediate group,
I have done several track days with speed ventures, open racing group, been to all the track in Socal except chuckwalla and Thermal.

Paul

I would like to sign up for the intermediate group,
I have done several track days with speed ventures, open racing group, been to all the track in Socal except chuckwalla and Thermal.

Paul

Are you already registered for the social portion of NSXPO?

if so, please register online for the track and make sure you fill out the form indicating you are an intermediate

NSXPO HPDE has sold out. Thank you all for registering! We look forward to seeing you in October!

Can I just sign up for the track?

No, you have to be registered for the social event.
Social event wise, it's sold out and people are waiting on the wait list for cancellations.
HPDE is also sold out, cancellations will be made available, if there are any.
Sorry....

Can I just sign up for the track?

Well, missed sign up for the track although we had signed up for the social and was waiting for track sign up. Please put us on the wait list, Tim and Liz. We can go either in either the novice or intermediate group (Previously with intermediate groups in the past but will be new to Thermal)

Worst case you can check with me the morning of the HPDE event to see if there was any last minute cancellations.
But I wouldn't count on it at this point.
Don't forget, the Autocross and skid pad is available to all attendee's as well.

Well, missed sign up for the track although we had signed up for the social and was waiting for track sign up. Please put us on the wait list, Tim and Liz. We can go either in either the novice or intermediate group (Previously with intermediate groups in the past but will be new to Thermal)

Tech Complete!
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1742.jpg
    IMG_1742.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 219
I expect all of our students and solo drivers wil have a great track experience,as only an nsxpo can provide....nsx centric, hand picked instructors many with nsx experience.As always if any student has an issue with a particular instructor speak to the chief instructor about a switch...sometimes personalities don't blend well.But while the two of you are strapped in together the guy in the right seat is the boss:wink:

Would like to clarify arrival times for ALL HPDE Drivers and Instructors that are also driving their personal cars on track so there is no confusion.

We would like all the above to be at the track no later than 6:15 am, 6:00am would even be better.

The reason for this is we have a lot of cars that will be entering Thermal on the track day, 150+, between the HPDE and the Social event attendee's. We need to have all of the HPDE drivers staged and parked in their reserved area before the general attendee's start arriving at the facility at 6:30am. Because of the limited entry way and where HPDE drivers will need to park for quick track access, it will cause traffic backup if HPDE drivers have to stop and back up into they're spots while others are trying to enter the facility and be directed to they're parking area's. The idea is to have everyone in and parked by no later than 7:15am so everyone has a chance to settle end before the EVERYBODY must attend drivers meeting at 7:30 am. The drivers meeting includes AutoX and Skidpad drivers as well.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation on this matter, and get ready for a fun and exciting day on track !
I look forward to seeing you all out there !

Were we supposed to get an email by Sept 24th of the "track pack" with details for the HPDE? I didn't get anything...

Yes according to the Facebook post. But I have not recieved anything

If anyone in the novice group want to cancel last minute, I'd gladly take your spot for you :)

Check with me in the morning of the event, you never know what might happen.
Be sure to have your tech sheet done and with you just in case.

If anyone in the novice group want to cancel last minute, I'd gladly take your spot for you :)

Most of you have already seen this...but wanted to post the schedule for the HPDE event since there has been a couple of small revisions and I wanted to make it clearer when the classroom session are being held for the Novice Group.
We will have schedule printed out and in your registration track pack when you register/sign in at the Palm Springs Air Museum.
We have the honor of Wei-Shen teaching the classroom. So it's sure to be very interesting and informative.

The Thermal Club
SCHEDULE

FRIDAY 10/9/2015

6:00 AM: All Instructors and HPDE Drivers Arrive

6:30 n/a GATES OPEN: General Attendee's
7:00 - 8:00 Information/Helmet Check Out Open
7:15 - 7:30 AM Instructor Meeting at Information Table
7:30 - 8:00 Drivers Meeting @ Registration: EVERYONE: HPDE, AUTOCROSS & SKIDPAD

NOVICE CLASSROOM TIMES: ALL NOVICES MUST ATTEND.

8:00 AM to 8:30 AM 0:30 GROUP C: STUDENT CLASSROOM: 1st
9:10 AM to 9:40 AM 0:30 GROUP C: STUDENT CLASSROOM: 2nd
10:20 AM to 10:50 AM 0:30 GROUP C: STUDENT CLASSROOM: 3rd

GROUP A: ADVANCED
GROUP B: INTERMEDIATE
GROUP C: NOVICE

1. 8:00 AM 8:20 AM 0:20 GROUP A
2. 8:20 AM 8:40 AM 0:20 GROUP B
3. * 8:40 AM 9:10 AM 0:30 GROUP C w/instructors:
* REPORT TO CLASSROOM AFTER SESSION

4. 9:10 AM 9:30 AM 0:20 GROUP A
6. 9:30 AM 9:50 AM 0:20 GROUP B
7. * 9:50 AM 10:20 AM 0:30 GROUP C w/instructors
* REPORT TO CLASSROOM AFTER SESSION

8. 10:20 AM 10:40 AM 0:20 GROUP A
10. 10:40 AM 11:00 AM 0:20 GROUP B
11. 11:00 AM 11:30 AM 0:30 GROUP C w/instructors

12. 11:30 AM 1:00 PM LUNCH

13. 1:00 PM 1:20 PM 0:20 GROUP A
14. 1:20 PM 1:40 PM 0:20 GROUP B
15. 1:40 PM 2:10 PM 0:30 GROUP C w/instructors
16. 2:10 PM 2:30 PM 0:20 GROUP A
17. 2:30 PM 2:50 PM 0:20 GROUP B
18. 2:50 PM 3:20 PM 0:30 GROUP C w/instructors
19. 3:20 PM 4:00 PM 0:40 * OPEN TRACK FOR INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCE

* As always, there could be some minor adjustments as the Event day goes on...

Last edited:
This is from Phoenix Aerial Productions.

HERE IS A VIDEO WE DID TO SHOW THE OVERVIEW OF THE TRACK..
EVERYONE ONE IS FREE TO DOWN LOAD IT AND THE PASS WORD IS NSX
http://goo.gl/gHTzzy

SEE YOU ALL SOON.

CLAY SEDDON

Back