• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Fiery Orange NSX Wrap

Thought about doing a respray on front bumper, mirrors, etc, but then I figured why not do something new and interesting to make it feel like a new car all over again. So, I decided to go with a 3M vinyl wrap Fiery Orange. Went by the shop doing the work and snapped a few pics.

Photo Jun 26, 13 59 18.jpgPhoto Jun 26, 13 59 33.jpgPhoto Jun 26, 13 59 56.jpgPhoto Jun 26, 14 00 07.jpgPhoto Jun 26, 14 00 20.jpgPhoto Jun 26, 14 01 26.jpgWrap.jpgWrap2.jpg

I still haven't decided if I should do the wheels black, some other color or leave it OEM. Going to wait and see when it is all done.

Looks great! I think I would have left the roof black though

Yea I did think about that and based on photos of other cars it does look good that way. That's what is awesome about the wrap. If I get bored I can pull the roof and pillars off and get a fresh look again.

So I think on the wheels I am going to have all the scratches and nicks fixed. Then powder coat them a a gloss charcoal grey for a new look. Should have it back in a few days.

Looks sick AF.

I'm with the others. I would have left the b pillars and roof black.

Also. The a pillar triangle looks a little off wrapped in Orange.

Loving the color choice, roof will work eitherway, but I would stay silver for rims ... rgds Paul

I like it a lot. You guys wrapping cars make me want to do it more and more. I have a black car and was thinking of staying black. That is unless they wrap the underside of the hood, trunk, and doors. Otherwise I'd feel embarrassed popping open my trunk to reveal a multi colored car.

Also. The a pillar triangle looks a little off wrapped in Orange.

Good eye. During my visit I noticed the same and told them to leave that part black. Should have it back on Tuesday.

Loving the color choice, roof will work eitherway, but I would stay silver for rims ... rgds Paul

Yea I agree that the roof can go either way. Probably lean towards black if you add tint to windows. That would be sick. But I am skipping the tint right now. That's why I figured wrap it and protect the paint as bonus.

Plan on doing the wheels after holiday so I can enjoy the weekend driving. So I will see first hand and decide. I will post some pics.

Shop just sent me this teaser pic saying its ready to be picked up. Looks good, can't wait to see it in sun. Also, I had the brake calipers updated with some reflective paint. Have to say the OEM wheels still looking good. I may hold off on power coating them glossy grey. I'll post some more pics in sun versus shade when I get a chance.

I am so amped for the long weekend and some driving.

Wrap done.jpg

I like it a lot. You guys wrapping cars make me want to do it more and more. I have a black car and was thinking of staying black. That is unless they wrap the underside of the hood, trunk, and doors. Otherwise I'd feel embarrassed popping open my trunk to reveal a multi colored car.
The beauty of black is you can wrap but leave the underside, because thats what Honda did on NA1-R :smile:

That looks amazing!!

Best have your shades with you when you take that out into the sunshine!! Great choice

Very nicely done. Everyone has an opinion of what your car should look like. The only opinion that matters is yours. I like it for what it's worth.

Looks amazing. I may do this too at some point. I'm glad you didn't cover that little triangle near a pillar ;)

Very nicely done. Everyone has an opinion of what your car should look like. The only opinion that matters is yours. I like it for what it's worth.

I just checked out your build. Talk about nice. Is it just me that gets cold sweats when your car is dissembled into pieces?

looks great! now time to upgrade your wheels!
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...rodrive-GC-07C
:biggrin:

Thanks. I see what you did there...well played. I may change up the wheels some day. But the OEM are already strong and light. So I feel like a wheel change is just getting you a different look? I suppose the track guys or the ones going wide body really have to due a change. I don't know, every vehicle I have ever had I always changed the wheels so I am just delusional and trying to hold off spending more money.

[Looks amazing. I may do this too at some point. I'm glad you didn't cover that little triangle near a pillar :wink:/QUOTE]

You should definitely take the leap and change it up. Agreed. Reminds me of looking at old photos of yourself and laughing trying to figure out what you were thinking wearing those clothes.

Well, picking it up after lunch. Finally have a clear day in Houston so I should be able to get some sunny pics.

Nice wrap and writeup...

one minor thing, go have your tires re-balanced
have them remove the weight off the outside of the wheel
it looks ugly and they can use sticky weights inside the wheel instead

Nice wrap and writeup...
one minor thing, go have your tires re-balanced
have them remove the weight off the outside of the wheel it looks ugly and they can use sticky weights inside the wheel instead

Geez, I thought I noticed things. I guess since we are all passionate and have the same cars it's all in the details. They actually moved the weights when they were fixing the curb rash. Problem solved.

Here are some pics in the sun. I will take some at night too. Came out pretty good.

4c0ef52bd044f129b62b36b9b4bd026d.jpg
6434398e51a5a828aef2d43f6b8531b3.jpg
16d200694fd75f7caa641e00e5c260f6.jpg
79db9007aedcf3cc987abbbd608f1e78.jpg
156990d56d74c134525a461a326d0b7f.jpg
4d5f03a7ad73e903a4477811a7a1edef.jpg
3c150f8838d73d9e947e42aa94c4dec1.jpg

I like how you wrapped the roof too body color. That's a very nice wrap job. What'd it set you back?

Really nice, would like to see night pics with lights reflecting off the body. Get to work. jk

I like how you wrapped the roof too body color. That's a very nice wrap job. What'd it set you back?

$2400 for the wrap. Very reseasonable. Are you talking yourself into wrapping?

Back