• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HugaBuga's Window Fix Thingies

Hi All,

I responded to HugaBuga's post on his window fix thingies:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/190157-2015-Window-Fixing-Tour-July-11-to-October-09

I received the following private message from Hugo today

Hi mskrotzki
I read your reply, I can make the detour to Denver, on my route from Texas to Arizona. Weekends are already booked so this could only be done during the week, say wednesday August 19 ? all I need is that you join at leat 3 cars, including yours, to worth my detour
Let me know!
Thanks
Hugo

Anyone else interested, let me know, and maybe we can have modern power windows.

Count me in. I was actually looking into buying the kits from his this week, but if he's coming through I'll just buy them from him personally.

Last edited:
Anybody else? I'll wait a little while and then contact Hugo with a go.

I live in Capitol Hill in Denver, and we could do it here. I'll offer a guest room to Hugo so everything could be in one place.

Let me know.

Mark

I put a link to this thread up on the colorado facebook. Hopefully we can get someone else!

- - - Updated - - -

K Van on Facebook said to count him in.

I would be down to have that done. mark if there is not room for all the cars at your house we can use the shop at the dealership.

I'm in town that week and would love to reduce the "character" of my windows. The passenger window in particular has become somewhat recalcitrant in spite of having the guides replaced with the "fixit thingies" a while ago.

We seem to have four of us wanting Hugo's window fix thingies. Paul's idea of meeting at his shop on East Colfax makes a lot of sense to me. My Capitol Hill Garage is not large (it was built in 1911) and a massive project just began across the alley. DSC_3455.jpgView attachment 125542

This is a major detour for Hugo, so we should be sure we are committed to this. I have myself, Paul Dan and Richard on the list, with perhaps more to come. I will be on the Bishop's Castle drive on the weekend and will be sure to bring it up. I will also offer Hugo my guest room, so there should be no issue with directions.

Please confirm you will attend and I'll contact Hugo with the information.

Thanks

Mark

I'm 100% committed. He will definitely have enough of the kits on hand to buy them from him personally, correct?

Once it's official can you add the time and shop address please?

Thanks!

I am in and more then happy to open the shop up for use. The address is 7000 East Colfax ave. Mark if you would like call me after this weekend so we know about how many are going to have that done. My cell is 720-939-7285

Hi guys - I'd be in on this and since I'm in FC, will drive to metro Denver. Cell # is (970) 692-1931. BTW - thanks for putting up the FB link djklitz - worked for me!

I just sent this private message to Hugo. Now we'll see what happens.

Hugo,

As you can see from the link, there are 6 people lining up for an install in Denver -- and we have a high end exotic car dealer's shop to work in.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...58#post1859858

Everyone knows it is set for Wednesday, August 19. Even if three drop out, we have your minimum requirement of three. I am going on an NSX ride into the mountains on Saturday, and may well pick up a few more. I'll keep you posted.

I would like to invite you to stay in our guest room for Tuesday and Wednesday evening(s). Longer if you need it. It is actually two rooms with a joining bathroom -- containing a washer and dryer. With all the traveling I've done, I know that will be a draw.

P1010009a.JPG

It is not a super large house, but it is comfortable. Let me know and stay in touch.

Mark

Awesome thanks for setting this up Mark

Any update from Hugo?

Hugo will arrive (I assume) on Tuesday AUGUST 18th and perform his magic on Wednesday the 19th at Weisko, 7000 East Colfax. I will post up closer to the date to get a final count, get in touch with Hugo and Paul and smooth out any last minute blips. So far we may have as many as 6 NSXs lined up.

I've heard twice from Hugo and he will stay here and is looking forward to meeting us all.

Great -- that means we have 6 "definite" with a possibility of 7 with Will. Paul, are you watching this?

Do we have a set time yet when we should start showing up to the shop?

I'll PM Hugo and see what time he wants to begin. Paul's shop is no more than 20 minutes from my house, so that isn't an issue. I'm told each install takes about an hour. I will spend the whole day there and should be pretty experienced in dismantling doors and regulators by day's end. (I've had mine apart a few times, so I have a head start.)

When I know when Hugo wants to start, I'll post up a schedule where folks can sign in. [Paul -- when is it ok by you that we begin?]

Keep posted.

Mark

OK -- I just heard back from Hugo;

I think 8am would be a good time start but it depends more on you and the shop I am 100% flexible I will stick to whatever time suits you better. The better solution that I have found so far is for everyone to show up at the same time, everyone help other members to remove the door cards and at the end they will start to pick up their upgraded regulator when all regulators have been removed, it is the fastest way to get it done and it improves the team spirit, the more you help the faster you'll get your regulator done:wink:

"Door Card" is European for the inside door panel. For everyone that has a day to spend, it sounds like an interesting activity. Starting time at 7000 East Colfax Avenue will be whatever Paul says it will be.

Anyone who cannot spend an entire day, let me know and we will make a schedule.

Remember, this is three weeks from yesterday. Anyone else who would like to do this is welcome (Hugo said in the main thread he can do eight in a day, more if more people help.) Anyone who has to drop out, please keep us apprised.

I, for one, am looking forward to this.

Mark

Thanks for the update Mark.

Mark, I posted to the facebook when this thread was created. Van Carver is not on NSXprime but he is 100% committed to showing up on Wednesday. Do you have him in the list?

Back