• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BAT Bring a Trailer Grand Prix White GPW 1992 NSX auction.This should be interesting.

Gotta concur with the others, price paid here was insane, IMO. But then again I remember when I bought mine, people told me the price I paid was nuts too. Lets check back in 10 years, I have a feeling this will look cheap.

So while you're enjoying those sale prices, ponder these and try and guess what years they were offered. :)

1994 Black/Black 5-spd
38,000 miles
Great condition, everything works, all services performed.
Black outside, black leather interior. 5 speed.
All original equipment, no modifications.
Paint and leather are in excellent condition. No dings or cracks.
I believe I am the fourth owner.
Rear tires are near new; fronts should be replaced soon.
Getting close to when the timing belt and transmission fluid should be replaced.
One low speed collision - replaced front bumper and hood - no structural damage.
$33,900

1993 White/Black 5-spd
17,200 miles
No. of Owners: (2)
Clean Title: Yes
Clean Carfax: Yes
Accidents: None
Body/Paint Work: None
Maintenance History: Complete since I've owned it.
Condition of Wearables: Excellent, everything's just been done.
Mods: (1), SmarTenna, otherwise stock, all OEM.
$36,900 OBO

1992 Red/black 5-spd
14,500 miles
Maintenance History: TB/WP & hoses 2 years ago by Larry B. In snap ring range.
All stock
$32,000

1998 silver/black 6-spd COUPE
45,000 miles
Completely stock, No modifications, No accidents, All original paint, No dings or dents
ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS! All service done at Acura! Runs great! Please call if you have any questions.
$41,850

1999 silver/black 6-spd COUPE
56,000 miles
2-owner, new tires, zero curb rash on OEM wheels, near immaculate condition, non-smoker, never tracked.
Fresh A/C, working window regulators, factory stereo
Minor rock chips, slight oxidation on a B-pillar
A service truck backed into front passenger fender while NSX was parked; fender replaced.
$43,000 firm

Ha ha ha, oh to be young(er) and flush with cash.

Last edited:
My guess is 2003 or 2004?

2008 in the middle if the crash?

Oldest one was mid 2009, newest was early 2013. :)

In order:
early 2013
mid 2009
early 2012 - not on Prime; heard about thru 2011 NSXPO in NJ. And miles were 15.1k, not 14.5k :)
early 2011
Aug 2010

How about this one from 2013 for $33k, not too long ago. :)

1991 red/black 5-spd
46,929 mi
Clean title/carfax, owned since 2000, no rain no tracking
Not in snap ring range
No accidents
Maintenance history including major service (TB/WP, tensioner, belts, balancer, CV boots, all hoses) changed 4 years ago at 44k.
Front tires OEM Yokos lots of tread, rears new Khumo Ecsta XC's
Amps rebuilt, boxed regulator on Driver side, thingie on Pass side.
Hood & bumper painted for stone chips & bra wear marks. Interior and seats are great: driver's bolster shows very, very little wear (leather not worn through, cracked, etc...seam intact and not pulled...would not notice the very, very slight wear-needs no attention).
Spare tire unused, complete tool kit, all original Service Manuals (books), Optional CD changer, remote keyless fobs, phone (uninstalled, in box)
OEM bra and custom car cover. (original wheels included)
Minor upgrades from original: 94-96 OEM wheels (originals included also). Bilstein shocks on lower perches, installed by me. Speed Bleeders, Single exhaust tips (tips only, OEM exhaust). Have original "Star Wars" tips also.
$33,000

Here's an example of what $30k gets you nowadays: 91 red/black 40.5k miles

Wow, isn't it. :)

I think I paid $32k for my 1992 with 20k miles in 2004. Red/Black and bone stock sans a set NA2 Blades. Should have left it stock and just enjoyed it as is!

I'm still wincing in pain from missing the nadir of NSX prices a couple years ago. While I desired a NSX then, I simply wasn't ready for one yet. The S2000 bug was just too strong in me to let go of it. I'd be happy if prices stabilized some at the very least.

So while you're enjoying those sale prices, ponder these and try and guess what years they were offered. :)

1994 Black/Black 5-spd
38,000 miles
Great condition, everything works, all services performed.
Black outside, black leather interior. 5 speed.
All original equipment, no modifications.
Paint and leather are in excellent condition. No dings or cracks.
I believe I am the fourth owner.
Rear tires are near new; fronts should be replaced soon.
Getting close to when the timing belt and transmission fluid should be replaced.
One low speed collision - replaced front bumper and hood - no structural damage.
$33,900

1993 White/Black 5-spd
17,200 miles
Maintenance History: Complete since I've owned it.
Condition of Wearables: Excellent, everything's just been done.
Mods: (1), SmarTenna, otherwise stock, all OEM.
$36,900 OBO

1992 Red/black 5-spd
14,500 miles
Maintenance History: TB/WP & hoses 2 years ago by Larry B. In snap ring range.
All stock
$32,000

1998 silver/black 6-spd COUPE
45,000 miles
Completely stock, No modifications, No accidents, All original paint, No dings or dents
ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS! All service done at Acura! Runs great! Please call if you have any questions.
$41,850

1999 silver/black 6-spd COUPE
56,000 miles
2-owner, new tires, zero curb rash on OEM wheels, near immaculate condition, non-smoker, never tracked.
Fresh A/C, working window regulators, factory stereo
Minor rock chips, slight oxidation on a B-pillar
A service truck backed into front passenger fender while NSX was parked; fender replaced.
$43,000 firm

Ha ha ha, oh to be young(er) and flush with cash.

Hey, I know the answer to ONE of those cars :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wish we could change this thread title to "this month's low-mileage NSX on BaT."

Pardon if this is a repost, I didn't see it on Prime yet.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-acura-nsx-2/

001-2-mod-940x636.jpg

What seems pretty clear to me (and to others - I know this is not an original thought) is how the Ferrari Dino or Lambo Miura effect seems to really be kicking in for the NSX....increasing value as a result of having an attractive/timeless appearance (attention today's designers: this is the result of not giving in to the design trends of the day that don't age well, like today's "who can make the ugliest grille" and "random sheet metal crease du jour" fads), having more than adequate performance for a big fun-factor (even if with performance that's far from today's standard), having some unique historical or engineering aspect, and/or the ripening of shoppers' discretionary spending capacities and nostalgia.

Most every Gen-2 review calling the Gen-1 as the cuter older sister doesn't hurt too.

Bets on final sale of this one? I'm guessing $58.5k. I would have taken the glamor shots with the OEM wheels though.

wow, and still at >55k

“original owner, very low mileage,unusual color combination:black/camel
Original owner and only driver. Always garaged and never driven in snow or ice. Excellent leather interior. Small inch-long,fine scratch on right front fender and rim abrasion on left rear wheel,both fixable. All aluminum body. Car is totally stock with no after-market additions. Smoke-free. Vehicle purchased and serviced in 1994 in Louisville, KY. Service records kept. Brand new tires put on at 12,820 miles. The purchase must be completed by certified check or bank wire transfer before transferred to buyer.. Buyer to arrange for delivery. Never involved in a collision but did have minor garage-fire damage(was parked in home garage when garage door caught on fire from sawdust spontaneous combustion). This necessitated repainting to trunk lid and rear bumper.”

The last big seller on BAT went for $69k I think and needed TB/WP, had double the miles and was not in as good condition as this.

$78-82k

Edit: I then went and looked at the latest comments, and the price, $75k with 6 days still to run. Maybe I should revise upwards.

Last edited:
So the big question is; is this a bubble or the new normal for our NSXs? I was talking to a friend who has a beautiful 77 911 3.0 about the same thing.

My bet is, it's a bubble that will slowly deflate once NSX 2.0 has been out for a year or two, then stabilize. Even so, I doubt we'll ever again see the days in which a properly sorted 1991 with high miles sells in the $20ks again....unless there's another overall market crash.

"random sheet metal crease du jour" fads.

I am with you on that point - the siren call of current automotive stylists seems to be 'need more swedge lines'. They seem to abhor gentle simple or compound curves.

Bets on final sale of this one? I'm guessing $58.5k.

I was definitely looking at this one wrong. I think I'm going to stay away from this thread, NSXPrime, and bring a trailer before I develop an allergy to my odometer.

- - - Updated - - -

We're all getting a kick out of seeing car people discover what we've known for the past 25 years but I'm seriously pondering what the real appreciation potential is for sub-40k unmodified NSXs... There was a question on the NSX owners page in Facebook asking for the number you'd actually consider selling yours and my take on it was that most sellers wouldn't even think about it until a value around 2-3x what they paid for theirs. If I had a crystal ball telling me that mine wouldn't be worth any more in today's dollars than 2x my buy price, I'd not consider that to be enough incentive to think twice about watching miles. But even imagining that an all original low mile NSX could escalate above $100,000 (in today's dollars) does make one wonder. No owner here can possibly know where things will go but at least we can try to learn from the past. I searched online and at Haggerty, looking for bubbles in the collector market under $250,000 for cars made after 1975, especially for ones outside of the usual suspects of Italian, German, British, and American Muscle collectibles, etc. Haven't really found any. Can anyone point out a few that rose then deflated down to reasonable levels?

I get the low miles...but seriously? A fire damaged 94 for $75k?

I'm seriously pondering what the real appreciation potential is for sub-40k unmodified NSXs...

Condition1234
1991 (now)$60$42.4$33.1$24.5
1991 (5yrs)$85 (42%)$65 (53%)$40 (21%)$30 (22%)
1991 (10 yrs)$115 (92%)$95 (124%)$50 (51%)$40 (63%)
1995 (now)$66.8$50.8$44.5$33.5
1995 (5yrs)$68 (2%)$62 (22%)$46 (3%)$42 (25%)
1995 (10 yrs)$85 (27%)$68 (34%)$50 (12%)$40 (19%)
2001 (now)$74.8$63.6$53.9$47.3
2001 (5 yrs)$95 (27%)$80 (26%)$58 (8%)$48 (1%)
2001 (10 yrs)$110 (47%)$85 (34%)$62 (15%)$58 (23%)
2005 (now)$84.8$73.5$64.6$61
2005 (5 yrs)$125 (47%)$100 (36%)$80 (24%)$70 (15%)
2005 (10 yrs)$150 (77%)$110 (50%)$90 (39%)$72 (18%)

<tbody>
</tbody>

I put that chart up just under a year ago and I am wondering if it is more appropriate to change the numbers from 5/10 years to 2/5 years as things seem to be ramping a bit.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/189199-So-just-what-price-will-an-NSX-be-in-5-years

Not so long ago, I think the range for an NSX was $20-$70K. I think the current range is probably $30-$90K (maybe with some exceptions at the limits). It will be interesting to see when the six-figure barrier is broken on a regular basis. I think it will bring the floor up as well and we have already seen that to some extent.

I put that chart up just under a year ago and I am wondering if it is more appropriate to change the numbers from 5/10 years to 2/5 years as things seem to be ramping a bit.
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/189199-So-just-what-price-will-an-NSX-be-in-5-years

I saw that prediction chart before, nice job! Though my personal opinion is to flip-flop it, as I think stock early coupes will be more desirable later than newer models, but that's a separate discussion. :) Call me crazy, but if appreciation were were follow your chart and "only" double in value from today, that would be a good thing for my desire to just drive the car I lusted after for 20 years before finally being able to own one, rather than worry if I were ruining it for the next deep-pockets owner. On the other hand, if NSX's were to turn into the next Dino, air-cooled Porsche, or other miracle bubble car, man that would be great to know now. :)

I saw that prediction chart before, nice job! Though my personal opinion is to flip-flop it, as I think stock early coupes will be more desirable later than newer models, but that's a separate discussion. :) Call me crazy, but if appreciation were were follow your chart and "only" double in value from today, that would be a good thing for my desire to just drive the car I lusted after for 20 years before finally being able to own one, rather than worry if I were ruining it for the next deep-pockets owner. On the other hand, if NSX's were to turn into the next Dino, air-cooled Porsche, or other miracle bubble car, man that would be great to know now. :)

Life is short. Enjoy the ride.

Life is short. Enjoy the ride.

Truth. And maybe I'm overvaluating the potential for low-mileage 91-94 coupes, but I don't know...I feel the quest for "something different than the other collectors" will keep leading a path to our cars, especially once Joe DeepPockets sits in one for the first time after ignoring them for 25 years. I know I'd feel different about second-guessing that joyride on any given Sunday if I had bought TheDon67's 105k mile '92 back in 2011.

Back