• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wrecked 2015 GEN 3 NSX wanted

shawn110975

Suspended
Guys if you wreck your Gen 3 NSx let me know I will buy it, don't let the insurance company take the car buy it back from them and sell it to me.

already Shawn? damn man you are true nsx whore lol btw, I thought NSX 2.0 doesn't come out till 2016?

No, Shawn means gen3 as for NA3. There are only 4 versions of the NSX and 2 generations so far: generation 1: NA1 phase 1 ( 90 to 93), NA1 phase 2 ( 94 to 96), and the generation 2: NA2 phase 1 (97 to 2001) and NA2 phase 2 (2002 to 2005). NA1 had the 3L 5 speed, NA2 had the 3.2 6 speed.

Zoom there are only 8 02+ in france (including mine), don't confuse the fixed headlight facelift (NA2 phase 2) with generations, at least not here on prime please ;) merci

I will buy all the 2016 wrecks in Europe, sell them to me so I can swap some parts into one of my nsx's :biggrin:

No, Shawn means gen3 as for NA3. There are only 4 versions of the NSX and 2 generations so far: generation 1: NA1 phase 1 ( 90 to 93), NA1 phase 2 ( 94 to 96), and the generation 2: NA2 phase 1 (97 to 2001) and NA2 phase 2 (2002 to 2005). NA1 had the 3L 5 speed, NA2 had the 3.2 6 speed.
Zoom there are only 8 02+ in france (including mine), don't confuse the fixed headlight facelift (NA2 phase 2) with generations, at least not here on prime please ;) merci
I will buy all the 2016 wrecks in Europe, sell them to me so I can swap some parts into one of my nsx's :biggrin:

I don't think that's quite right.

NA1 NSX's were made from 1991-2005.
NA2 NSX's were made from 1997-2005.
These terms only apply to the engine size not body style.

I believe the consensus is the first generation NSX was made 1991-2005 with various styling changes.
The main components chassis, suspension, engine layout etc. were virtually the same throughout the production run.

As far as I've heard the new NSX is being called the second generation by Honda.

Last edited:
The second generation NSX is NC1, based on VIN.

My guess is that NB designations were skipped entirely because that chassis code is already used by Mazda Miatas. Also I have not seen Honda ever 'use up' all the available chassis code designations (eg NA1/NA2/NA3/NA4/NA5/etc) except for models that have many variations, such as Civics and Accords. They typically move onto the next letter in sequence with each generational jump.

As pointed out, NA1/NA2 are first generation chassis codes and only correlate with the C30A/C32B engines they hold, respectively.

- - - Updated - - -

I trust that it is only a matter of months before Japanese car magazines everywhere confirm my claim that NC1 is the chassis code for the second generation NSX :smile:

2016 release? Naw...New release date is now projected as 2019 as a 2020 model. They are going to switch to a normally aspirated 16 cylinder 8 liter with a front engine AWD configuration based on the Fit platform, only backwards so the engine will be where the trunk (boot) is on the Fit. Titanium body with a single carbon fiber leaf spring at each end, ala the Vette rear suspension. I just read it on MotorTrend.com!

Back