• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need good NSX / Acura mechanic in Sacramento / Stockton.

Hello,
It's about time for a timing belt change and I need a good NSX and MDX mechanic in the Sacramento / Stockton or surrounding areas. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Shad at Driving Ambition is THE MAN. He's in Rancho Cordova. Click here for more info.

If you need another option, Niello Acura has always had good expertise on the NSX too.

Last edited:
What he ^ said.

Good to know. I live about 10 minutes from his shop! I have yet to run into a problem I can't fix on my own, but I'm glad to know he's there when I need him!

I just had coilovers installed and master clutch cylinder replaced at Shad @Driving Ambition last week. He also did my timing belt, hoses, etc... 2 years ago. He's the best when it comes to our cars (and S2000s).

how much did he charge you for the timing belt service? I think I need a valve adjustment soon

Shad has become a legend in the nsx and s2k world. Nothing but good things have been talked about with his name being used in conversations. I think if you need the best guy to tune and test your nsx to its fullest potential, shad should be the only guy to touch your car. On the other hand don't forget you are going to pay top dollar for what you get. But if you are looking for an oil change or brakes to be worked on, I think you can find the local dealership or some highly refered mama pop shop to get the job done.

how much did he charge you for the timing belt service? I think I need a valve adjustment soon

The TB service was bundled with a BUNCH of other items...so it's difficult to give you an exact. Give him a call and he can tell you how long it'll take for the service and what the cost is per hour. The parts, TB and WP, was 321 and 186 respectively. I had the valve adj done as well, but that's just bundled into the labor rate. What is good about Shad is that he'll let you know what other problems that he finds and if you want to address it now or later.

The TB service was bundled with a BUNCH of other items...so it's difficult to give you an exact. Give him a call and he can tell you how long it'll take for the service and what the cost is per hour. The parts, TB and WP, was 321 and 186 respectively. I had the valve adj done as well, but that's just bundled into the labor rate. What is good about Shad is that he'll let you know what other problems that he finds and if you want to address it now or later.

Sent you a PM. Thanks for the info.

Back