• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

So what do you think the option list will be like?

Since we are probably several months away from getting more information on this car, I've been wondering what you think will be standard, and what would be optional, on this car.

Starting with brakes, the carbon ceramic rotors will almost certainly be an option, and likely a pricey one, guessing $10k

Wheels. I'm hoping that the wheels shown on the car at Detroit are the standard ones, but wouldn't be surprised if they end up being optional. Given how thin the spokes are, they are probably forged, and therefore may be optional. Hopefully they aren't, and the options would only entail choosing the colour/finish on the wheels.

Roof. According to C&D, there will be an optional carbon fiber roof. We'll see.

Trim. Almost certain that there will be a carbon fiber option for some of the trim pieces.

Exhaust. Possible that there will be an option for a "sport" exhaust.

Electronics: The Detroit car has park distance sensors, which will almost certainly be an option. Sat nav will likely be optional. A bunch of silly safety features like lane departure warning, blind spot warning, etc. will likely be in a "technology" package. Hope those aren't standard. On the other hand, I hope the backup camera will be standard, as I quite like them. Wonder if the car will have Apple's Carplay?

Interior: Will the two-tone interior be optional? Hondas usually come with an all black interior, so it wouldn't surprise me if it is optional, as might be contrasting stitching, and maybe some optional finishes on the steering wheel. There will probably be a couple of optional sound systems as well. Can we hope for sport/racing seats?

Anyways, those are my guesses on what the option sheet might look like.

Can't see nav being optional on a car at this price point, especially given the level of tech in the drivetrain.

Likewise I expect forged wheels to be included at this price point. They are on the GT-R at 2/3rds of the price.

I also think there will be a tech pack as you stated. I'm actually hoping for adaptive cruise control.

Carbon roof is a must, I'd do without the carbon brakes as the after market options are typically better quality and better value as well as feeling better.

Given this is Acura I expect most features to be bundled into a couple packages (Tech, Sport, whatever) and to not break the bank (relative Mclaren, Ferrari, Porsche), then the bulk of options to be around personalization (paint color, various interior colors, wheel colors, etc).

I'm sure it will have a backup camera, since they will be required by law in all new 2018 models. I think every Honda model comes standard with a backup camera now anyway.

I would imagine the options list will be very short, with carbon ceramic brakes probably being the biggest option. At the price point, the CF roof should be a no cost option really. The M3/M4 have it standard and they cost half as much as the NSX will.

Well, looks like, from the recent photos, that the 2-tone interior is most likely an option, and that an all-black interior will probably be the base interior. Wonder how much it's going to cost.

So from the various sources, it looks like these are some of the options available:

1. Exterior colour:
  • Black
  • Red Pearl
  • Blue Pearl
  • Solid Red
  • White Pearl
  • Matte White
  • Metallic Green
  • Silver
2. Wheels: Standard is the Y-spoke wheel. Optional is the Interwoven wheel, with 2 finishes available. Dealers may offer a 4th wheel.
3. Brakes: Choice of black or silver calipers. Carbon ceramic rotors are still probably optional.
4. Exterior carbon fiber package
5. Carbon fiber engine cover
6. Carbon fiber roof
7. Interior colours: Black, red, orchid, saddle, with or without black inserts in seats
8. Seats available in all leather or leather-faux suede
9. Interior carbon package
10. Technology package

Possibly a special Launch Edition of the car might be available.

Last edited:
One of the engineers that I spoke to when the cars were in Austin said that the metalic pearl colors will be an option and an expensive one. In his words "several thousand dollars". Apparently, the process on the metalic paints is much more involved than it was on our current Imola, LBBP, silver etc. He said there is something special about the clearcoat that takes a lot longer to cure. Though he couldn't elaborate on the clearcoat as it wasn't in his area of development. However, they were evaluating the paint durability on the road trip as well as the interior ergonomics.

My dealer that I have a deposit with for the NSX2.0 sent me this a few days ago. It looks like only three colours will be available at least for the first year and each has a unique interior. There is also an exterior and interior Carbon package. Oddly the Valencia Red does not have an option for Exterior/Interior Carbon Package, Engine cover or Carbon roof???

Untitled_zpsip6nhpfz.jpg

Last edited:
Johnny, did Acura give you a delivery date?

Bram

Bram,

They mentioned production dates are Apr - May 2016. No Actual Delivery date but I would assume. 1-2 months after that. I've heard that Canada will receive cars approx one month after U.S deliveries start.

The ordering system has not gone live yet either. Acura Oakville is saying news on deliveries will probably be confirmed at the CIAS 2016.

Hey Johnny, so it you and another person that Will be getting the First and second NSX's in Canada...wow nice. Carmen will be calling me, when the First one is at the dealership....I hope it your's that is delivered First.

Bram

Thanks to your hook up Bram, I am supposed to be getting 1 of 2 launch edition cars. :biggrin:

Carmen told me there was supposed to be a red and a silver coming in around Jan 2016. I did not have an option on what colour out of the two I would get when I placed the deposit earlier this year but according to the option list Acura Oakville sent me last week there is no silver for 2016.

I guess I will just have to wait and see what arrives and then decide if I want it or If I will spec one out for later delivery.

So from the various sources, it looks like these are some of the options available:

1. Exterior colour:
  • Black
  • Red Pearl
  • Blue Pearl
  • Solid Red
  • White Pearl
  • Matte White
  • Metallic Green
  • Silver
2. Wheels: Standard is the Y-spoke wheel. Optional is the Interwoven wheel, with 2 finishes available. Dealers may offer a 4th wheel.
3. Brakes: Choice of black or silver calipers. Carbon ceramic rotors are still probably optional.
4. Exterior carbon fiber package
5. Carbon fiber engine cover
6. Carbon fiber roof
7. Interior colours: Black, red, orchid, saddle, with or without black inserts in seats
8. Seats available in all leather or leather-faux suede
9. Interior carbon package
10. Technology package

Possibly a special Launch Edition of the car might be available.

I just received the 2017 NSX brochure, your pretty accurate.

Also the ordering process has not been finalized so anything dealers are saying is pure speculation. I know that there is a factory build option where you can visit OH and see the car being made.

Back