• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

MCano's 97 Spa Yellow Build

You should highly consider getting a six point harness Mario. There is little difference in the fitting but the safety rules for most race groups require a six point now...check with your Alfa Club and make the decision based on that.

being strapped in and not having to brace yourself allows more precise handling of the steering wheel...

Well, I did get the harnesses for Christmas, G-Force 5-Point Professional Series. To complete my sfatey equipment modifications, the Boston Gear two-piece clamping shaft collars in black oxide steel and a fire extinguisher are on order. I also have an upholstery guy set up to modify my OEM seats.

Thanks to Track Addict and COZ for their suggestions on what safety equipment I needed.

Last edited:
Looks like you were a good boy this past year. Santa took real nice care of you.

Last edited:
Update in that I'm getting my car ready for my first track weekend of 2016 at Willow Springs, CA January 16th. and 17th.:

My OEM seats are in the shop. I will be replacing all leather panels with new leather, except for the center panel (seat & back) which will be cover with Alcantara. The Alcantara fabric I have chosen, is perforated black with yellow backing. The yellow backing will be exposed at the perforations, which should look nice with my yellow paint. In addition to having the slot in the bottom cushion made to allow the use of the sub-belt, at the suggestion of Johnathan (Track Addict), I will have about an inch of seat padding removed to create a little taller seat bolster to better help keep my butt in place.

I'm also having the Cedar Ridge harness bar and G-Force harnesses installed on both seats. However, I'm still keeping my OEM seat belts for normal driving, if there is such a thing with an NSX.

Lastly, I replacing my some what worn Dunlop Direzza ZII Star Spec tires replaced with new ones.

Thanks for checking in!

Mario

Last edited:
Your new seats will look awesome. And the answer is yes. I am aware of some setups that retain the factory 3 point belts and additional harness bar and 5-points.

Update: I decided to have KWV3 coil-overs installed to obtain the benifits of coil-overs and the fact that the car now can be corner balanced. The coil-overs should arrive in a few days. If anyone is interested in purchasing my Zanardi springs (less than a year old) and Bilstein shocks (approximately 5 years old), send me a PM.

I'm going to be old and grey by the time my OS Geikin LSD arrives from Japan, still waiting for them to be produced again.

Last edited:
Wow, you are going all in! You won't believe the difference your new suspension will provide. I'd set your appointment with Westend Alignment as soon as you can as they are usually quite busy. Good luck.

Last edited:
Update: I decided to have KWV3 coil-overs installed to obtain the benifits of coil-overs and the fact that the car now can be corner balanced. The coil-overs should arrive in a few days. If anyone is interested in purchasing my Zanardi springs (less than a year old) and Bilstein shocks (approximately 5 years old), send me a PM.

I'm going to be old and grey by the time my OS Geikin LSD arrives from Japan, still waiting for them to be produced again.
I got super lucky finding my OSG LSD. Any idea when OSG Japan will start making them again?

I was told they only have 3 on a wait list (I'm assuming you're one of those 3) and the need a minimum of 10 to get a production run started.

I got super lucky finding my OSG LSD. Any idea when OSG Japan will start making them again?

I was told they only have 3 on a wait list (I'm assuming you're one of those 3) and the need a minimum of 10 to get a production run started.

No idea Regan, but I'm going to call the guy who is getting the LSD for me to see if he has any updates!

Wow, you are going all in! You won't believe the difference your new suspension will provide. I'd set your appointment with Westend Alignment as soon as you can as they are usually quite busy. Good luck.

I have alignment appointment with them next week. Corner balancing will come later due to time constraints

Chris and Darin are so good that the corner balance may only take a couple of minutes. They are that good with an alignment.

Looking forward to seeing your latest modifications Mario.

Just how long have you been waiting for the LSD to be produced? I'm really curious because I have been looking and trying to figure out which LSD to go with. I had no idea these were done in batches like this. I hope you get it soon.

Just how long have you been waiting for the LSD to be produced? I'm really curious because I have been looking and trying to figure out which LSD to go with. I had no idea these were done in batches like this. I hope you get it soon.

I cant remember exactly, but it has bee at 3 - 4 moths. I sent an e-mail to the guy who is getting LSD for me, but he has not yet responded yet. When I get a response, I'll let you know!

OK, just got back from the AROSC High Performance Driving School at the Streets of Willow and I'm now going to have the next batch mods made. Below is what is being done:

Re-build the steering rack.
Replace the front ball joint bushings.
Install KW -3 Coil-overs (already installed)

Install Dave T's harness bar.
Install G-Force 5-point harness.
Install fire extinguisher.
Have the leather on the OEM seats replaced with new leather and install Alcontara at the center panels.
Modify the OEM seats to allow the the 5-pint harness sub-belt to thread through the bottom of the seat cushion.
Remove about an inch of padding from the seat cushion.
Corner balance the car.

I'm still waiting for my OS Geiken LSD with 4,4 final drive.
When the LSD arrives, I will have OS Giiken high performance clutch that I have in hand installed.

I'll post photos when this batch of mods are completed.

Last edited:
Your new seats will look awesome. And the answer is yes. I am aware of some setups that retain the factory 3 point belts and additional harness bar and 5-points.

Hello JC, I was told that my seats will ready to be picked up this weekend, FINALLY!!!!!!! Its been over four months!

I'll post picks when I get them and when they are installed!

Stay tuned!

I look forward to seeing them in person. You are a more patient person than I am!

The 4 month wait for the seats is nothing! I have been waiting 10 months for my OS Geikin LSD! Last month I threaten the guy who is getting the LSD for me that I was going to cancel my order. He finally got a hold of his contact at OS Geikin in Japan. They are estimating that the LSD will be avail in a couple of months! We will have to wait and see. I can hardly wait in that the LSD is suppose to greatly improve traction on the track, and is reportedly one of the best mods for the NSX!!!!

Last edited:
I look forward to seeing them in person. You are a more patient person than I am!

JC I was showed the seats today, and it was worth the wait. The leather and Alcontara look great. And best of all the seats are real firm but comfortable at the same time. Pics to follow!

- - - Updated - - -

I also got my Enkeis PF01 (17x8 +45 & 18x9.5 +35) and Toyos today. I thought I was getting Proxes R888's but they are actually sgaved Proxes RA1's (235/40/17 & 275/35/18).

Last edited:
Back